dynamic teamplay

would it not be cool in multiplayer to ping objectives like for example say you were playing multi flag maybe you could ping a flag or and i know this is a push but having the ability to request your teammates to fire at a general area, this wouldn’t be like halo 5’s Artemis because it would be turned down a lot plus if this was a feature it would be only in big team battle or big team battle 2.0

> 2535426958633571;1:
> would it not be cool in multiplayer to ping objectives like for example say you were playing multi flag maybe you could ping a flag or and i know this is a push but having the ability to request your teammates to fire at a general area, this wouldn’t be like halo 5’s Artemis because it would be turned down a lot plus if this was a feature it would be only in big team battle or big team battle 2.0

Halo 5 actually kind of has a similar feature to this but just so few people know about it in multiplayer matches.

Pressing up on the D Pad will actually ping your service tag in game and make it flash. This is basically a way of communicating to your team that you need support at your location. It’s especially great for playing with people who aren’t in your party. It’s a great non verbal way of communicating.

I’m hoping it returns in Halo Infinite as it’s such a great little feature.

> 2535426958633571;1:
> would it not be cool in multiplayer to ping objectives like for example say you were playing multi flag maybe you could ping a flag or and i know this is a push but having the ability to request your teammates to fire at a general area, this wouldn’t be like halo 5’s Artemis because it would be turned down a lot plus if this was a feature it would be only in big team battle or big team battle 2.0

Whilst it would be cool it would need to be A. Obvious when communicated and B. Not spammable.

I’m a team player and I go for the objective but sometimes it just isn’t possible and I don’t really want some 20 something nerd screeching over his headset and spamming a “get the objective” reminder.

That sounds cynical but believe me, such people really do exist and the veins in their foreheads are massive.

Definitely need a cool down timer… or a mute button…

But you could easily link a couple of buttons… eg. after pressing up on the D-pad the next button pressed relays the message;
A; Regroup on me.
B; Need help.
X; Danger.
Y; Weapon on my X

And then specific ones for objective games would be awesome… Attack, Defend, I need a ride…

I like Ping systems. I think a contextual ping similar to the one in apex would be a great fit in Halo. It’s a good way to get information across to your team efficiently, especially when you don’t feel like talking in a big team setting. Being able to just ping for squad and ping for all teammates in big team settings, the latter with a cool down so it can not be abused, would be fantastic.

> 2585548714655118;4:
> Definitely need a cool down timer… or a mute button…
>
> But you could easily link a couple of buttons… eg. after pressing up on the D-pad the next button pressed relays the message;
> A; Regroup on me.
> B; Need help.
> X; Danger.
> Y; Weapon on my X
>
> And then specific ones for objective games would be awesome… Attack, Defend, I need a ride…

That would work good. a visualization would be either it shows in a type of team chat like rocket league’s or actual verbal callouts like h5 but not automated