Dynamic Resolution Rumor

Over NeoGAF a rumor has started around some images seen in the Sprint videos that would suggest that Halo 5 is using some kind of dynamic resolution. The guys at Beyond3d noticed different resolutions trough the campaign and warzone gameplay videos too. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1067767
What do you think? Would you be happy If this means 60fps solid rock?

I’m perfectly happy with it locked at 30 fps if it’s stable, we all have our own opinions. Some won’t accept less than 1080p @ 60fps. Then you look at games like Ryse.

Sounds decent to me, but then again I really don’t care about graphics as long as I can understand what I’m looking at.

> 2592250499819446;2:
> I’m perfectly happy with it locked at 30 fps if it’s stable, we all have our own opinions. Some won’t accept less than 1080p @ 60fps. Then you look at games like Ryse.

Yeah, It’s right to ask for the best and I respect that people, but this last days I’ve seen people being happy sacrificing split-screen to achieve those numbers. If this rumor ends up being true I wonder how they will feel about not getting the full HD and still not having local coop.

> 2533274822090702;4:
> > 2592250499819446;2:
> > I’m perfectly happy with it locked at 30 fps if it’s stable, we all have our own opinions. Some won’t accept less than 1080p @ 60fps. Then you look at games like Ryse.
>
>
> Yeah, It’s right to ask for the best and I respect that people, but this last days I’ve seen people being happy sacrificing split-screen to achieve those numbers. If this rumor ends up being true I wonder how they will feel about not getting the full HD and still not having local coop.

We’ll see how it pans out, I’m all for higher resolution and faster frame rates, but not at the cost of jittery game play, from what we have seen Halo 5 looks fantastic, but, I want this title to succeed for all the right reasons, the last thing we need is another MCC.

Could also be that it’s still in development. I wouldn’t be shocked if the final game is 1080p in all areas.

> 2533274863939303;6:
> Could also be that it’s still in development. I wouldn’t be shocked if the final game is 1080p in all areas.

Neither would I, it’s looking very good, like many of you I played the beta, and it was a vast improvement on what we’ve had, like I said / wrote, if it runs 1080 @ 60 and it’s solid, fine, if not, I’m perfectly happy with a reduction somewhere.

Its fine as long as it looks fine. Im not to nitpick from 720 to 1080 when i cab barely see the difference

> 2533274863939303;6:
> Could also be that it’s still in development. I wouldn’t be shocked if the final game is 1080p in all areas.

The final game definitely wont be 1080p.
And like OP mentioned people at Beyond3D noticed the Resolution switch through the gameplay footage.

1080p is not going to happen. And the game only has 3 months to go until Gold. They wont hit 1080p. We can sadly thank the Xbone Hardware for that.

> 2533274848599184;8:
> Its fine as long as it looks fine. Im not to nitpick from 720 to 1080 when i cab barely see the difference

Sounds like you need some glasses if you cant tell a difference between 720p and 1080p

> 2535405881901481;10:
> > 2533274848599184;8:
> > Its fine as long as it looks fine. Im not to nitpick from 720 to 1080 when i cab barely see the difference
>
>
> Sounds like you need some glasses if you cant tell a difference between 720p and 1080p

Well if your TV can only display 720p, it has nothing to do with your eyesight. There a lot of older HDTVs that only go up to 720. I had one until about a year ago.

> 2533274810150284;11:
> > 2535405881901481;10:
> > > 2533274848599184;8:
> > > Its fine as long as it looks fine. Im not to nitpick from 720 to 1080 when i cab barely see the difference
> >
> >
> > Sounds like you need some glasses if you cant tell a difference between 720p and 1080p
>
>
> Well if your TV can only display 720p, it has nothing to do with your eyesight. There a lot of older HDTVs that only go up to 720. I had one until about a year ago.

I think it also relates to size of television. On a 32 inch television, the difference is negligible to me. On my 60 inch, the difference is night and day.

I want a rock-solid 1080p/60fps, no exceptions. I don’t care what must be sacrificed to get that, I will accept nothing less. Halo 4 pushed the Xbox 360 to its limit and it looks fantastic and runs astroglide-smooth at 1080p/60fps on Xbox One. It can be done, and it must be done.

Its always possible to update the game afterwards like project cars is doing and take more advantage of DX12 . Halo 5 looks really amazing in certain areas, almost on par with UC4 and then in other areas it looks almost last gen. All they have to do is provide better IQ with a more advanced AA, provide better destruction animations and put more ground detail. This game has great light reflections, great character models that look almost like CG and the textures on the cliffs and mountains look amazing as does the lava effects.

> 2533274944254879;14:
> Its always possible to update the game afterwards like project cars is doing and take more advantage of DX12 . Halo 5 looks really amazing in certain areas, almost on par with UC4 and then in other areas it looks almost last gen. All they have to do is provide better IQ with a more advanced AA, provide better destruction animations and put more ground detail. This game has great light reflections, great character models that look almost like CG and the textures on the cliffs and mountains look amazing as does the lava effects.

You should forget about DX12 already… its for PC gaming. XboxOne already uses DX12 features… the hardware is what it is. It wont change. Halo 5 on par with Uncharted 4? You must be joking…

The textures in H5 for the most part look awful, especially the effects. And dont get me started on the Warzone footage.

This looks not amazing.
http://abload.de/img/e3-2015-h5-warzone-brmlzoy.png

> 2535405881901481;15:
> > 2533274944254879;14:
> > Its always possible to update the game afterwards like project cars is doing and take more advantage of DX12 . Halo 5 looks really amazing in certain areas, almost on par with UC4 and then in other areas it looks almost last gen. All they have to do is provide better IQ with a more advanced AA, provide better destruction animations and put more ground detail. This game has great light reflections, great character models that look almost like CG and the textures on the cliffs and mountains look amazing as does the lava effects.
>
>
> You should forget about DX12 already… its for PC gaming. XboxOne already uses DX12 features… the hardware is what it is. It wont change. Halo 5 on par with Uncharted 4? You must be joking…
>
> The textures in H5 for the most part look awful, especially the effects. And dont get me started on the Warzone footage.
>
> This looks not amazing.
> http://abload.de/img/e3-2015-h5-warzone-brmlzoy.png

Based on your previous comments, I’m guessing your a PC elitist. Xbox One can hit 1080@60, and Halo 5 will do just that.There may be the occasional fluctuation where it dips slightly lower, but performance on every type of system varies slightly as it plays. For instance, you could get a few notifications and it’d affect the performance. Same thing would happen if you tried to do a bunch of stuff. Like saying “Xbox, Record that” while snapping an app and going to the home menu.

Honestly I don’t mind. If it needs to drop to 900p or 1000p then it’s not a big difference. It won’t be noticeable anyway, hell, there isn’t much difference from 720p and 1080p, let alone 900p and 1080p. As long as we get that smooth 60FPS that’s all that matters!

I wouldn’t mind TBH. I was perfectly fine with the resolution on the beta.
Still, because this is the Xbox One’s major flagship, I think it sort of needs to be 1920x1080 at all times. But I still don’t think the graphics are really mind blowing, but they are great.

> 2533275004372869;13:
> I want a rock-solid 1080p/60fps, no exceptions. I don’t care what must be sacrificed to get that, I will accept nothing less. Halo 4 pushed the Xbox 360 to its limit and it looks fantastic and runs astroglide-smooth at 1080p/60fps on Xbox One. It can be done, and it must be done.

It also ran split screen co-op. Xbox one is meant to be 8 times more powerful, but can’t even handle higher fidelity with the same functionality. Don’t expect sales to live up to expectations, and don’t expect xbone to be here for long.

Its the graphics turds demanding bragging rights at all costs that are encouraging 343 to ruin this game for alot of people.

> 2535405881901481;15:
> > 2533274944254879;14:
> > Its always possible to update the game afterwards like project cars is doing and take more advantage of DX12 . Halo 5 looks really amazing in certain areas, almost on par with UC4 and then in other areas it looks almost last gen. All they have to do is provide better IQ with a more advanced AA, provide better destruction animations and put more ground detail. This game has great light reflections, great character models that look almost like CG and the textures on the cliffs and mountains look amazing as does the lava effects.
>
>
> You should forget about DX12 already… its for PC gaming. XboxOne already uses DX12 features… the hardware is what it is. It wont change. Halo 5 on par with Uncharted 4? You must be joking…
>
> The textures in H5 for the most part look awful, especially the effects. And dont get me started on the Warzone footage.
>
> This looks not amazing.
> http://abload.de/img/e3-2015-h5-warzone-brmlzoy.png

To bad that’s a screenshot taken from a video