Dynamic level?

In any game no matter the genre i love fighting in Moving/dynamic areas for example in Halo 2 in the first set of arbiter levels you cut a cable to make the level start to fall. its an awesome and frightening experience to fight whilst falling. now how would you like to have a moving level? whether it be boat, spaceship, falling spaceship(opening level?) or something else entirely?

I agree. They should have a level onboard a spaceship in combat. The ship is constantly moving and randomly losing and gaining artificial gravity. Then the ship starts to pitch and roll and the rooms are re-oriented making the top turn into the bottom or floor turn into the wall etc. You could have open power conduits that EMP your shields if you get too close, making combat tricky and EVA parts in vacuum where you need to dodge flying objects. That could make a frantic and intresting level to play on.

> I agree. They should have a level onboard a spaceship in combat. The ship is constantly moving and randomly losing and gaining artificial gravity. Then the ship starts to pitch and roll and the rooms are re-oriented making the top turn into the bottom or floor turn into the wall etc. You could have open power conduits that EMP your shields if you get too close, making combat tricky and EVA parts in vacuum where you need to dodge flying objects. That could make a frantic and intresting level to play on.

Have you tried playing Dead Space/2? I’m not being sarcastic or anything, I just think you might like it.

Back on topic: I like what CanadianClone is thinking. It would be a pretty fun mission.

Also, since the planet is Forerunner, maybe a Monitor or something could change paths, but they’d all have to lead to the same area, but all should contain different enemies or weapons.

For example: You walk down a hallway with multiple doors leading off. Some would randomly close off, but some would stay open. There could be small rooms containing weapon lockers that you can’t get to depending on the Monitor’s doing.

I would like a level where you have to defend a base. There will many attacks on each side of the base and you have to travel around the base defending key areas. Ex, First level of Reign of Fire original xbox game.

> I agree. They should have a level onboard a spaceship in combat. The ship is constantly moving and randomly losing and gaining artificial gravity. Then the ship starts to pitch and roll and the rooms are re-oriented making the top turn into the bottom or floor turn into the wall etc. You could have open power conduits that EMP your shields if you get too close, making combat tricky and EVA parts in vacuum where you need to dodge flying objects. That could make a frantic and intresting level to play on.

This sounds absolutely amazing. Esp the gravity shifts.
I know Dead Space does something similar but there your movement speed (which I am well aware is a gameplay mechanic) makes it different. In something like Halo it could be fast, frantic and awesome.