Duplicate Post - Please boot AFK's

I couldn’t find the old post, but could something be done about idlers/AFK? I played earlier today, and there were one or two in every Objective game. Once I got frustrated, and stuck both of them - suddenly one of them started playing!

We lost KoTH because of an AFK. Even 5v6 we were close, and even a poorly skilled player spamming nades and using an AR randomly would have at least distracted.

If you do not activate a control for the first 15 seconds, you should be removed. Most people would have already setup and started shooting, but that should be long enough if someone looked away for a moment but is actually going to play.

I run into this every so often…now it seems people fear the quit ban so when they get games they don’t like instead of quitting they just AFK…

343 needs to make JIP OPTIONAL
343 needs to remover quit ban since they do have a JIP system (not our fault it’s broken)

If it actually worked then if someone quit it would find someone who doesn’t care about a quick JIP game and instantly replace them…no bans no AFKers…unfortunately I don’t see them fixing this…

Agreed, its no fun having someone that is not playing on your team.

if you AFK for entire games it does xp ban you

XP ban doesn’t hurt 130’s, but that is a thought. Double loss on your CSR?

> I couldn’t find the old post, but could something be done about idlers/AFK? I played earlier today, and there were one or two in every Objective game. Once I got frustrated, and stuck both of them - suddenly one of them started playing!
>
> We lost KoTH because of an AFK. Even 5v6 we were close, and even a poorly skilled player spamming nades and using an AR randomly would have at least distracted.
>
> If you do not activate a control for the first 15 seconds, you should be removed. Most people would have already setup and started shooting, but that should be long enough if someone looked away for a moment but is actually going to play.

Make it a minute or two.

I know I’m not alone when I say that sometimes I have to get up and do something really quick, but it won’t be big enough to warrant leaving the match.

Booting an AFK after a minute would be good though. Maybe two minutes depending.

I can’t see a problem of an AFK (shouldn’t it be AFC in this situation?) being booted after a minute or so. It’s frustrating, especially in close matches.

> XP ban doesn’t hurt 130’s, but that is a thought. Double loss on your CSR?

If they are willing to leave their controllers for 10 minutes while their (assumed) joke of a team gets spawn killed, I’m pretty sure they won’t give a flying -Yoink!- about CSR.
However they can’t impose penalties like XP loss because this world we live in likes to give everyone medals for participation and make them all feel good about themselves even after any dismal performance. Because of that I highly doubt any future Halo will have any major penalties for consistent quitting/AFCing, and so we will just have to carry on with the dead weight.

Uh…most of the time you see people that you think are afking are actually people JIPing into the game. Do you ever notice that when you JIP into a game it takes like 10 seconds or something? You are standing there in the game for those 10 seconds ripe for the picking. Thats another problem with JIP. So that fella you stuck probably didnt appreciate it too much - lol. I went 25-0 in a slayer match once for what I thought was a perfection only to see later that I had died once when I was just standing there helpless while joining the game…