Dumb Question about Maps

So I’m just curious and wondering,

how do you get a random guy to get his map popular on the halo community to the point you might get it into matchmaking.

Just asking as im not MUCH of a forger but I wanna like to see if my maps are…acceptable to play in customs or not.

The easist thing in world to do (finally) is to play your map in a custom and leave your accessibility setting (of whatever it’s called) to open so that anyone can join you. This will get you some exposure, though not on the scale you’re talking about. If you want a lot of exposure then join forgehub. Mind you, they take forging pretty seriously. Not just anything makes their grade. And they’re also somewhat notorious for being… I guess “insular” would be a polite way to say it. It’s no easy road.

I would guess, based on the way you phrased the question, that the helmut is more important to you than forging a really good map. If that’s the case then I’d make my peace now with the fact that you’ll get that helmut when it goes public in Halo 6 or some such.

Best of luck either way.

I would recommend to start hosting games in the Customs Lobby and seeing what the response is. If it becomes popular people will begin to bookmark it and sharing it.

If it is super popular it may get picked up by a Youtuber and it’s all downhill from there.

Hope this is helpful!

> 2533274811831911;1:
> So I’m just curious and wondering,
>
> how do you get a random guy to get his map popular on the halo community to the point you might get it into matchmaking.
>
> Just asking as im not MUCH of a forger but I wanna like to see if my maps are…acceptable to play in customs or not.

If you go to community creations there are a few threads where you can submit maps to be considered for matchmaking.

> 2533274873843883;2:
> The easist thing in world to do (finally) is to play your map in a custom and leave your accessibility setting (of whatever it’s called) to open so that anyone can join you. This will get you some exposure, though not on the scale you’re talking about. If you want a lot of exposure then join forgehub. Mind you, they take forging pretty seriously. Not just anything makes their grade. And they’re also somewhat notorious for being… I guess “insular” would be a polite way to say it. It’s no easy road.
>
> I would guess, based on the way you phrased the question, that the helmut is more important to you than forging a really good map. If that’s the case then I’d make my peace now with the fact that you’ll get that helmut when it goes public in Halo 6 or some such.
>
> Best of luck either way.

Although the helmet looks really great to wear, it doesn’t mean I’ll do effort to take it, I’m just saying that those experience forgers can do like scripts and some neato tactics but I’m flat out just trying to see what fits best and hope the crowd likes it.

> 2533274811831911;5:
> > 2533274873843883;2:
> > The easist thing in world to do (finally) is to play your map in a custom and leave your accessibility setting (of whatever it’s called) to open so that anyone can join you. This will get you some exposure, though not on the scale you’re talking about. If you want a lot of exposure then join forgehub. Mind you, they take forging pretty seriously. Not just anything makes their grade. And they’re also somewhat notorious for being… I guess “insular” would be a polite way to say it. It’s no easy road.
> >
> > I would guess, based on the way you phrased the question, that the helmut is more important to you than forging a really good map. If that’s the case then I’d make my peace now with the fact that you’ll get that helmut when it goes public in Halo 6 or some such.
> >
> > Best of luck either way.
>
> Although the helmet looks really great to wear, it doesn’t mean I’ll do effort to take it, I’m just saying that those experience forgers can do like scripts and some neato tactics but I’m flat out just trying to see what fits best and hope the crowd likes it.

In that case just host your own map in customs (evenings and weekends will get you the most traffic) and see what kind of response you get.

When I tried out some of mine I made a point to message players afterwards to specifically ask opinions on aesthetics, layout, weapon sets, and general playability. People usually won’t take the time to go into much detail, but sometimes they do and it can be really helpful. Personally I build maps to please myself rather to conform to the standards most players expect from a conventional multiplayer map - in other words I’m setting out deliberately to build something that plays a little differently than what many are used to or prefer, so I don’t always expect glowing reviews. But I’ve been surprised that people seem to be a lot more flexible than I ever gave them credit for being. I guess that’s the nature of custom games. People expect the unexpected, or at least the novel.

Oh, and this might be helpful:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/92b5c5cfee994e7299608301a6b2eb11/topics/basic-map-requirements---halo-5-forge/66f691c5-5f23-4bd1-864a-5d01bf70e44b/posts

> 2533274873843883;7:
> Oh, and this might be helpful:
>
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/92b5c5cfee994e7299608301a6b2eb11/topics/basic-map-requirements---halo-5-forge/66f691c5-5f23-4bd1-864a-5d01bf70e44b/posts

I was thinking of doing a Grifball map that seems to fit the sporty theme, the requirement doesn’t talk much about it.

Check out this thread. There are a lot of posts that can be helpful. In the OP are some links to the main forging communities that will help get your map tested, and made.

Good luck!

> 2533274811831911;8:
> > 2533274873843883;7:
> > Oh, and this might be helpful:
> >
> > https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/92b5c5cfee994e7299608301a6b2eb11/topics/basic-map-requirements---halo-5-forge/66f691c5-5f23-4bd1-864a-5d01bf70e44b/posts
>
> I was thinking of doing a Grifball map that seems to fit the sporty theme, the requirement doesn’t talk much about it.

Check out the stickies on the Community Creations forum. There may well be one there that deals with maps built for only one particular game type.

> 2533274880633045;4:
> > 2533274811831911;1:
> > So I’m just curious and wondering,
> >
> > how do you get a random guy to get his map popular on the halo community to the point you might get it into matchmaking.
> >
> > Just asking as im not MUCH of a forger but I wanna like to see if my maps are…acceptable to play in customs or not.
>
> If you go to community creations there are a few threads where you can submit maps to be considered for matchmaking.

Comedy! You became a monitor! When did this happen?!

> 2535455681930574;11:
> > 2533274880633045;4:
> > > 2533274811831911;1:
> > > So I’m just curious and wondering,
> > >
> > > how do you get a random guy to get his map popular on the halo community to the point you might get it into matchmaking.
> > >
> > > Just asking as im not MUCH of a forger but I wanna like to see if my maps are…acceptable to play in customs or not.
> >
> > If you go to community creations there are a few threads where you can submit maps to be considered for matchmaking.
>
> Comedy! You became a monitor! When did this happen?!

> 2533274880633045;12:
> > 2535455681930574;11:
> > > 2533274880633045;4:
> > > > 2533274811831911;1:
> > > > So I’m just curious and wondering,
> > > >
> > > > how do you get a random guy to get his map popular on the halo community to the point you might get it into matchmaking.
> > > >
> > > > Just asking as im not MUCH of a forger but I wanna like to see if my maps are…acceptable to play in customs or not.
> > >
> > > If you go to community creations there are a few threads where you can submit maps to be considered for matchmaking.
> >
> > Comedy! You became a monitor! When did this happen?!

He sure lives up to his name, that was some pretty neat comedy.