Dumb castle wars question

Is there a reason for the 10 second kill zone at main spawn area?

So AFK players don’t try to hide there.

> 2535420516580561;2:
> So AFK players don’t try to hide there.

But they literally still can. The kill zone is after the safe room where they can safely wait. Why not just keep the shield wall scrap the kill zone?

To prevent people from going AFK however they can hide anyways. Big thing is that some use it when the enemy team tries to spawn camp.

> 2533274862926994;3:
> > 2535420516580561;2:
> > So AFK players don’t try to hide there.
>
> But they literally still can. The kill zone is after the safe room where they can safely wait. Why not just keep the shield wall scrap the kill zone?

I dunno, I didn’t design the map to begin with, just figured that was the thought process behind it, however flawed it may be.

> 2535420516580561;5:
> > 2533274862926994;3:
> > > 2535420516580561;2:
> > > So AFK players don’t try to hide there.
> >
> > But they literally still can. The kill zone is after the safe room where they can safely wait. Why not just keep the shield wall scrap the kill zone?
>
> I dunno, I didn’t design the map to begin with, just figured that was the thought process behind it, however flawed it may be.

Lol I wasn’t trying to call you out. I just think that design makes little sense so if that is the reasoning it is quite silly. All that said I would love to see this sort of spawn utilized should we every see a real return of grifball.

obviously is not for the AFK people, the Spawn zone doesnt have kill zone, but maybe you can ask to creator of the maps omarlotrc

My best guess is that maybe all of the area behind the (energy) wall was supposed to be the kill zone in order to prevent AFK camping in there.

The kill zone is there so that people can’t exploit the map and camp with the flag in such a spot. There are other reasons, but that is a major one.