duel wielding.

343 has to put duel wielding back into halo

> 2533274905832216;1:
> 343 has to put duel wielding back into halo

I’m guessing that they will for Halo 5: Guardians, because the SMG is in it. If I remember correctly, all the halo games with the SMG had dual weilding. So, unless they really ballance the weapons well in the game, it will have dual weilding. Keep in mind that this is all speculation.

I see no reason why not, Halo has always been fun with the duel wielding and not that it isn’t fun without it but I would like to see it back into Halo. Since 343 is getting back into the Halo feel with Halo 5, I hope they see from Halo 2, that its possible in Halo to have duel wielding again and be balanced if that is what the problem was.

I’d rather have that than Sprint.

Although Frankie has confirmed that duel wielding will not be in Halo 5 as of now, but that could be subject to change depending on the feedback they recieve.

Theres no dual wielding for the beta since they want a stable weapon balance, but since theyer having an real beta and not a stress test on their servers the fate of dual wielding relies on peoples feed back.

Personally id like it to return as an option that can be turn on and off for select game modes. It also be x2 the finepower , x-2.5 the accuracy

So there will not be dual wielding in the beta? Because I was really hoping it would.

This thread is the same as this one: click here to see it
Except the OP lacks meat…

Remember the first time you duel-wielded 2 SMG’s and then you sprayed a flurry of bullets into a group of Grunts. It was pretty awesome right? I’m all for the return of duel-wielding. Now if only you could parry two BR’s!!

I think it could work either way. they would have to work on the balance if they do bring it back. more power less accuracy that sort of thing.

I only want it back if I can hold on too the two weapons when I climb into a vehicle then I’m happy other than that scenario no don’t bring it back

No they don’t. Dual wielding was a pointless, shallow mechanic that crippled a good portion of the sandbox. I don’t see any need to bring back a mechanic that has already failed twice with no guarantees of ‘making it work’.

> 2533274900762734;7:
> This thread is the same as this one: click here to see it
> Except the OP lacks meat…

It also lacks the number of bumps…

One thing I’m surprised tons of people here (and 343) don’t realize is that dual wielding prevented you from throwing grenades & made meleeing much more inconvenient to do, which helped balance it out. Even with the supposed extra firepower of double weapons, think about how many times were you killed by a guy with a simple grenade and a BR in Halo 3. I don’t know about you, but it happened to me a LOT.

They could make dual-wieldable weapons slightly stronger than they were in Halo 2 or 3, but make doing it give you slight handicaps in a few other areas, like the grenade-throwing/melee thing. That way, dual wielding gives you more firepower as it should, but is still counter-able by somebody who knows what they’re doing. Simple as that.

> 2533274905832216;1:
> 343 has to put duel wielding back into halo

Agreed.

They better! I love dual wielding SMGs it makes a not so powerful weapon two times as dangerous.

Why? it was completely pointless. Someone with a BR or carbine would kill you easily.

One thing that was unbalanced with dual-wieldable weapons were when they were wielded by themselves. It made many weapons in the sandbox very weak on its own. The game is better off without a sandbox that has many weapons that were handicapped. If they can make it work, then it will be welcomed with open arms, but there are no guarantees.

Other than that, how about a reason for dual-wielding?

I hope dual wielding is back it is a sick addiction in halo 2 and 3 that I definitely missed especially if they brought the smg in to it would be my halo heaven.

> 2533274941783894;2:
> > 2533274905832216;1:
> > 343 has to put duel wielding back into halo
>
> I’m guessing that they will for Halo 5: Guardians, because the SMG is in it. If I remember correctly, all the halo games with the SMG had dual weilding. So, unless they really ballance the weapons well in the game, it will have dual weilding. Keep in mind that this is all speculation.