Duel wielding cant be added in Halo 5 how or ever.

I know duel wielding is a favorite to everyone. However, with the new buttons and button layout, there is no way they can impliment it. With spartan abilities added, the thrust replaces that extra button (which is supposed to be the grenade rotation button) and will have no areas on where to equip the duel wileding second firing button. Not even button layouts can do anything. No armor mod for warzone, no change of button layout… Nothing. And I doubt it will ever be added unless you want the second firing to be on the cross pad.

Actually dual wielding would break game balance. The smg would need to be nerfed extremely so the dual wielded version could be up to par with other guns. This means the base form of the smg would be useless. Making weapons only viable when they are dual wielded just breaks the current and most likely future balance build.

Eh could careless if it was added. I think they would have to nurf the smgs if it was added.

> 2533274840624875;2:
> Actually dual wielding would break game balance. The smg would need to be nerfed extremely so the dual wielded version could be up to par with other guns. This means the base form of the smg would be useless. Making weapons only viable when they are dual wielded just breaks the current and most likely future balance build.

The key is to find a way to nerf dual wielding without nerfing the individual weapons. But I doubt 343 will bother.

Actually it can…
I use FISHSTICK layout
LT = zoom in
RT = Shoot

If you Dual wield your LT would be shooting your left weapon and RT right weapon
And since you are using 2 weapons there is no need fo zoom in

> 2533274891802271;4:
> > 2533274840624875;2:
> > Actually dual wielding would break game balance. The smg would need to be nerfed extremely so the dual wielded version could be up to par with other guns. This means the base form of the smg would be useless. Making weapons only viable when they are dual wielded just breaks the current and most likely future balance build.
>
>
> The key is to find a way to nerf dual wielding without nerfing the individual weapons. But I doubt 343 will bother.

there would be no point in having dual wielding then, the point of it was to double the amount of damage you do compared to the base weapon. If Dual wielding it did the same amount of damage as single wielding it then there is utter no point in having it. Its just another button to press and another thing to lose when throwing a nade (which should happen cause you need a free hand to throw)

Duel wielding is a favourite of who?

> 2533274840624875;6:
> > 2533274891802271;4:
> > > 2533274840624875;2:
> > > Actually dual wielding would break game balance. The smg would need to be nerfed extremely so the dual wielded version could be up to par with other guns. This means the base form of the smg would be useless. Making weapons only viable when they are dual wielded just breaks the current and most likely future balance build.
> >
> >
> > The key is to find a way to nerf dual wielding without nerfing the individual weapons. But I doubt 343 will bother.
>
>
> there would be no point in having dual wielding then, the point of it was to double the amount of damage you do compared to the base weapon. If Dual wielding it did the same amount of damage as single wielding it then there is utter no point in having it. Its just another button to press and another thing to lose when throwing a nade (which should happen cause you need a free hand to throw)

Well, then have it do double damage, and increase the spread and do some other stuff then. Dual-wielding can work, they just have to put some thought into it.

No… It can be done :slight_smile:

> 2603643534597848;38:
> Well, I think we can have the H2 Pistols, and I do mean plural.
>
> You see… Smart Scope can let us raise the second M6 to double our rate of fire. We don’t get extra range with a zoom, we get to add the dual-wield via SS.
>
> This way, when not scoped, we can use melee and grenades like normal., and we have a slightly longer best time to kill than normal due to the increased number of shots in spite of an increased RoF. About 1.5-1.7 seconds to kill with a single H2M6 at 7-9 shots to perfectly kill.
>
> Of course, when using the scope button, the 2nd M6 is raised (about as fast as swapping weapons, maybe slower) and an unassisted dual-H2M6 will now kill in about 0.75-0.85 seconds. NONE of this 75% damage buffer stuff :slight_smile:
>
> … And this does allow for other combos to arise, not just the H2M6’s (though that is the only combo I would have if there was just one such capable).

IF they would ever implement a duel wield function, it should only go to base weapons. Enhanced damage SMG’s are bad enough when there’s a single one. So if it has a name or modifier: no duel wielding. It would give noobs a little more of a chance to be able to kill those who have unearthly amounts of scale-tipping REQs.

Meh, good riddance. Halo 5 is balanced nearly to perfection, dual wield would ruin that.

> 2533274915643658;8:
> > 2533274840624875;6:
> > > 2533274891802271;4:
> > > > 2533274840624875;2:
> > > > Actually dual wielding would break game balance. The smg would need to be nerfed extremely so the dual wielded version could be up to par with other guns. This means the base form of the smg would be useless. Making weapons only viable when they are dual wielded just breaks the current and most likely future balance build.
> > >
> > >
> > > The key is to find a way to nerf dual wielding without nerfing the individual weapons. But I doubt 343 will bother.
> >
> >
> > there would be no point in having dual wielding then, the point of it was to double the amount of damage you do compared to the base weapon. If Dual wielding it did the same amount of damage as single wielding it then there is utter no point in having it. Its just another button to press and another thing to lose when throwing a nade (which should happen cause you need a free hand to throw)
>
>
> Well, then have it do double damage, and increase the spread and do some other stuff then. Dual-wielding can work, they just have to put some thought into it.

I agree, it can work. They could also make it a high level req because it is so powerful.

Didnt mean to duplicate post. I think it lagged and made a post when I did something else. But yes, duel wielding will never be added again.

> 2533274915643658;8:
> > 2533274840624875;6:
> > > 2533274891802271;4:
> > > > 2533274840624875;2:
> > > > Actually dual wielding would break game balance. The smg would need to be nerfed extremely so the dual wielded version could be up to par with other guns. This means the base form of the smg would be useless. Making weapons only viable when they are dual wielded just breaks the current and most likely future balance build.
> > >
> > >
> > > The key is to find a way to nerf dual wielding without nerfing the individual weapons. But I doubt 343 will bother.
> >
> >
> > there would be no point in having dual wielding then, the point of it was to double the amount of damage you do compared to the base weapon. If Dual wielding it did the same amount of damage as single wielding it then there is utter no point in having it. Its just another button to press and another thing to lose when throwing a nade (which should happen cause you need a free hand to throw)
>
>
> Well, then have it do double damage, and increase the spread and do some other stuff then. Dual-wielding can work, they just have to put some thought into it.

No it doesn’t. It has never worked in a Halo Game. The guns are either overpowered when dual wielded or totally useless on their own. Halo 2 Needler, and Halo 3 Magnum are great examples of this. It is a cool looking mechanic that breaks the balance. Leave it out

You can pair the weapons to act as one. Like a turret.

I only duel weld rocket launchers…