duel wield

I think duel wield should of been in reach what do you think

> I think duel wield should of been in reach what do you think

It seemed like it wasn’t really used in Halo 2 and Halo 3. For an authentic feel, I think it should have been included.

Bungie explained that there was 2 main reasons they took out dual wielding.

1. They had in mind that every weapon was unique for a particular scenario, so having two of the same weapon was pointless, they just buffed up some of the dual wielding weapons.

2. They started the project with the goal of trying to return Halo back to the way it felt in Halo: CE, and dual wielding wasn’t in CE so it didn’t make Reach.

And it takes a buttload of extra programming to add dual wielding.

> And it takes a buttload of extra programming to add dual wielding.

Refering to what Dfang said(Bungie are to lazzzyyy)
AND,The Spartans in the Spartan 3 project couldnt dual wield, UNSC is cheap, and they wanted more spartans quick and whot no harm to their wallet…

Yeah, I really missed dual wield.

I really miss the duel wield :frowning:

It wasn’t really needed. It looked cool, but that was really it.

I seriously miss the SMG, 2 SMGs were just awesome. But dual wielding wasn’t needed… but THE SMG! WHERE’D IT GO!

I think I prefer gameplay without dual wielding. I can’t disagree that dual wielding did feel and look cool though. I especially liked dual Spikers hehe.

> I seriously miss the SMG, 2 SMGs were just awesome. But dual wielding wasn’t needed… but THE SMG! WHERE’D IT GO!

Bungie removed the SMG because the Reach AR and Magnum filled it’s niche.

When I first heard Halo2 would have dual wielding I thought “My god… dual Pistols???” Oh yea you’re all going to die!""

But then it turns out, as to not make dual wielding overly powerfuly, not only were “single handed” weapons reduced in power to begin with, but when dualing, each hand was reduced in power b 25%.

Part of why the BR is overpowered in Halo2 and Halo3 is because of dualing. Instead of making a player more powerful when in close-quarters, a player is weaker at all ranges until they pick up a second 2 handed weapon (preferably a BR) or they combine the proper duals (Brute Plasma + SMG, PP + Pistol, etc).

So, if dualing isn’t put into the system to give close-quarters weapons a boost, then don’t put it in.

Dual weilding was incredibly useful in Halo 2. Not so much in 3.

Edit: Lulz.

> Bungie explained that there was 2 main reasons they took out dual wielding.
>
> 1. They had in mind that every weapon was unique for a particular scenario, so having two of the same weapon was pointless, they just buffed up some of the dual wielding weapons.
>
> 2. They started the project with the goal of trying to return Halo back to the way it felt in Halo: CE, and dual wielding wasn’t in CE so it didn’t make Reach.

if they wanted it to feel like Halo CE then there should not be bloom or AAs

I don’t really miss it.

There are many other things that need to be addressed about Reach before bringing back dual wielding.