Dual Wielding. Reasons why it cant come back

Okay so everyone want “dual wielding” back in halo. Am i right?
Lemme explain to you why halo cant have dual wielding.

2 guns equal more firepower right? 2 guns overpower 1 gun. simple as that
Now lets go into detail about the damage table. 0-100 power
lets say that the magnum is 70. 70 x 2 equals 140
and lets say battle rifle 90.
90-140 That means two magnums over power battle rifle.
But the way bungie “fixed” that problem was make the gun weaker.
So magnum is now 50 50 x 2 is 100
Battle rifle still a 90
90-100 that means the battle rifle has a chance over the magnum

But wait
since magnum is now 50 by its self that makes it weak.
So lets say you add the plasma pistol.
Plasma pistol (halo 4) is 50
plasma plus magnum is 100.
But the plasma pistol has the ability to emp.
Emp plus 1 head shot is pretty much instant kill.

So if you make dual wielding you will deal with over powered weapons. over powered combinations. and damage table problems. and balancing

Now the dual wielding only goes into smg class and pistol class weapons.
that means its cqb and DMRS and Battle Rifles are long range.
So that balances out

Now lets talk about health
Lets say each spartan has 500 points of health. 400 shield and 100 health
So the dual magnum is 140 right? it would take about 10 shots for a spartan to die plus the magnum as a high rate of fire. higher than the battle rifles.
Now magnums plus plasma pistol. Instant kills.
so say they nerf the magnums into 50 like bungie.
1 magnum is useless and 2 magnums is somewhat overpowered

With a DMR or BR 90 each
they can take out a spartan with 5 shots.
But who shoots faster?
the magnums or the battle rifle?

Now lets see how this affects gameplay within maps
Big maps like valhalla make dual wielding useless because everyone uses a long range weapon. Small maps like haven is death death death because everyone has 2 guns that are overpowered. so what about medium size maps? long range combat always dominates unless your in buildings or rooms.

Now loadouts. Can they add an akimbo? no because its already too overpowered.
and if you cant dual wield during the start what are the chances of you finding a pistol or smg around the map?

There are many reasons why it cant come back
but to some it all up
Damage table would be awkward
Overpowered and Balancing the weapons
Map gameplay too chaotic if small useless in big maps. could work in medium size maps

But what do you guys think? give a good reason why it should comeback besides dominating with 2 smgs and having fun.

Wasn’t this posted in another thread?

I still want it back what type of super soldier from the future cant dual-wield ? Palmer can though :stuck_out_tongue:

Dual Boltshots FTW

Ridiculous!

Because the Women’s Rights Movement only allows female Spartans like Palmer to dual wield. Tedra Grant is an exception because they thought she was a guy.

Seriously though, dual wielding could be brought back in Halo 5. But not Halo 4, dual wielding should only be brought back in if it’s balanced and works well with the sandbox. I bet you 343 will bring back dual wielding though, I think they just didn’t bring it back because of their limited time and they wanted to follow the ways of CE. The first Halo game of the Bungie trilogy didn’t have dual-wielding, and so 343 decided to do the same.

Just no.

Dual Wielding = More Fire Power & Unable to use granades/melee.
It’s pretty fair.

All previously Dual-capable weapons were one handed, and therefore they couldn’t zoom in with them effectively, which is why the Magnums couldn’t over-power the BR at range in say, Sandtrap. The BR would kill whoever is using them at mid-long ranges. Essentially the magnums were nerfed in Halo 2 so they could better demonstrate dual-wielding mechanic, or vice-versa, whichever one Bungie decided to do first. Of course the Magnum still has bad accuracy after 3 consecutive shots, but that would/could cut down the kill time by half.

All in all, it depends on how they implement it, if they decide to.
I would like to see it though.

> Dual Wielding = More Fire Power & Unable to use granades/melee.
> It’s pretty fair.

I guess, but I think that if Dual Wielding was to be implemented, it should still enter as a Tactical Package or Support Upgrade.

> > Dual Wielding = More Fire Power & Unable to use granades/melee.
> > It’s pretty fair.
>
> I guess, but I think that if Dual Wielding was to be implemented, it should still enter as a Tactical Package or Support Upgrade.

Fully agree, maybe they could add it as another Specialization, like the “WeaponMaster” for example

Halo 3 did dual-wielding perfectly. There’s no reason it can’t come back.

> > > Dual Wielding = More Fire Power & Unable to use granades/melee.
> > > It’s pretty fair.
> >
> > I guess, but I think that if Dual Wielding was to be implemented, it should still enter as a Tactical Package or Support Upgrade.
>
> Fully agree, maybe they could add it as another Specialization, like the “WeaponMaster” for example

That would be nice. However, at this stage, I think it is too late to add in Dual Wielding to Halo 4. Probably Halo 5, though.

> Dual Wielding = More Fire Power & Unable to use granades/melee.
> It’s pretty fair.

Yeah, but it would be OP still.

My Dual wield solution:

Pros

Extra firepower

Cons

Inability to ADS
No grenades
Larger reticule
No melee

They could make dual wielding an ordinance (dual wield primary and secondary or primary if you’re using firepower). OR they could make it s perk for secondaries ONLY. It is now balanced.

It should have been included for campaign only. Its too unbalanced for mp. That way i can dualwield my boltshots against knights.

Never was a fan to dual-wield, except dual-wielding Plasma Rifle.

> Halo 3 did dual-wielding perfectly. There’s no reason it can’t come back.

So we’re just going to pretend the Maulers never happened right?

Just force players to use two weapons and not have the option to drop one. For example a player can only pick-up two SMGs (treated as one weapon) and cannot pick-up just one. Problem solved.

want it :3

Missed this feature from Halo 3 and primarily the reason I’ve been playing Halo 3 as of late. Include this feature back into Halo 5, again please. It was well balanced.

Except that they can (and did) make it so the weapons are normal when you just have one and nerfed when you are dual wielding.