Dual Wielding in Infinite?

I know dual wielding hasn’t been implemented much in the last few games(just the magnum and the flag if I remember correctly), but am I the only one that was hoping they would bring it back for Infinite? I know its just a dream to be able to dual needlers and the other big weapons again but you couldn’t even hold dual pistols in the flight. I know it might be a pain to balance right, but at least having the option to dual wield was one of the most badass parts of the old Halos. Is this just a feature they didn’t include in the flight or have they already stated that they won’t have it at all in the game?

No.

I think they might have already stated it won’t be included but I might be wrong because I can’t recall where I heard it.

> 2535455697402991;3:
> I think they might have already stated it won’t be included but I might be wrong because I can’t recall where I heard it.

> 2535460602108612;1:
> I know dual wielding hasn’t been implemented much in the last few games(just the magnum and the flag if I remember correctly), but am I the only one that was hoping they would bring it back for Infinite? I know its just a dream to be able to dual needlers and the other big weapons again but you couldn’t even hold dual pistols in the flight. I know it might be a pain to balance right, but at least having the option to dual wield was one of the most badass parts of the old Halos. Is this just a feature they didn’t include in the flight or have they already stated that they won’t have it at all in the game?

In one of the #Ask343 videos they confirmed duel wielding wouldn’t be in Infinite.
I believe it was just due to it being awkward for grenades & equipment which took away from the “golden triangle” of guns, grenades & melee

To be honest I always thought duel wielding was just weird. Never actually gave you any bonuses to damage & made throwing grenades/equipment awkward.

> 2533274865778947;4:
> > 2535455697402991;3:
> > I think they might have already stated it won’t be included but I might be wrong because I can’t recall where I heard it.
>
>
>
> > 2535460602108612;1:
> > I know dual wielding hasn’t been implemented much in the last few games(just the magnum and the flag if I remember correctly), but am I the only one that was hoping they would bring it back for Infinite? I know its just a dream to be able to dual needlers and the other big weapons again but you couldn’t even hold dual pistols in the flight. I know it might be a pain to balance right, but at least having the option to dual wield was one of the most badass parts of the old Halos. Is this just a feature they didn’t include in the flight or have they already stated that they won’t have it at all in the game?
>
> In one of the #Ask343 videos they confirmed duel wielding wouldn’t be in Infinite.
> I believe it was just due to it being awkward for grenades & equipment which took away from the “golden triangle” of guns, grenades & melee
>
> To be honest I always thought duel wielding was just weird. Never actually gave you any bonuses to damage & made throwing grenades/equipment awkward.

I agree. While it looks cool, I’d rather just throw a grenade. Even running around with a Magnum and a Plasma Pistol is awkward at the best of times yet you would think it’d be an unbeatable combo.

No, it’s more trouble than it’s worth, since all the possible dual combos have to be balanced + the individual dual wield-able weapons get nerfed to the point of being almost useless on their own.
Though I’m sad we never got to pick up and use the Jackal shield as a dual wield item :frowning:

I’m a bit annoyed that it didn’t return, I have always thought that dual wielding should be an obligatory mechanic in all Halo games. Just don’t have it in MP to avoid balancing issues. But it’s lots of fun in campaign, especially Halo 2.

base weapon stats shouldn’t need to be touched to accommodate dual wielding. a good compromise would be to only allow 2 of the same weapon to be dual wielded, with increased bloom and recoil. it makes the sandbox more dynamic being granted the option of picking up an additional weapon to turn yourself into an unstable bullet hose in cqc at the cost of 0 ranged efficacy and hindered abilities

> 2533274953195665;8:
> base weapon stats shouldn’t need to be touched to accommodate dual wielding. a good compromise would be to only allow 2 of the same weapon to be dual wielded, with increased bloom and recoil. it makes the sandbox more dynamic being granted the option of picking up an additional weapon to turn yourself into an unstable bullet hose in cqc at the cost of 0 ranged efficacy and hindered abilities

It’s still difficult to keep this balanced and also still allow just 1 of that weapon to be used. More likely, they would do what other shooters tend to do and only allow pairs of them to be picked up and used, at which point that pair is just one weapon, for most intents and purposes, and it’s not really dual wielding anymore, at least not in the Halo sense, it’s kinda just… using both triggers.

If 343 can’t add it to matchmaking, PvE skulls and custom game settings would be acceptable.

> 2533274822068856;10:
> If 343 can’t add it to matchmaking, PvE skulls and custom game settings would be acceptable.

It’s not really about adding it to matchmaking, that not the issue.

Its just fundamentally makes players use other weapons and tactics less. Duel Wielding locks you into just using those guns, that’s the core problem.
There isn’t really a way to fix that without having to overhaul that entire system which probably isn’t worth it.

Having it be in campaign or customs exclusively is a bit weird too. The mechanics of a game should translate to every mode, having DW locked to specific criteria isn’t really a viable solution in my opinion.
It’s a case of all or nothing. And nothing seems to be the lesser of two evils.

Duel wielding should be an in-game pickup buff only. If not, it would put useless weapons in the sandbox only to be good when combined. This makes the maps less interesting and have less points of interests to bring players together.

> 2533274865778947;11:
> > 2533274822068856;10:
> > If 343 can’t add it to matchmaking, PvE skulls and custom game settings would be acceptable.
>
> It’s not really about adding it to matchmaking, that not the issue.
>
> Its just fundamentally makes players use other weapons and tactics less. Duel Wielding locks you into just using those guns, that’s the core problem.
> There isn’t really a way to fix that without having to overhaul that entire system which probably isn’t worth it.
>
> Having it be in campaign or customs exclusively is a bit weird too. The mechanics of a game should translate to every mode, having DW locked to specific criteria isn’t really a viable solution in my opinion.
> It’s a case of all or nothing. And nothing seems to be the lesser of two evils.

Do you not notice how my request was limited to making it an option? You know, for fun? Why is totally optional fun forgotten by so many people these days?

> 2533274822068856;13:
> > 2533274865778947;11:
> > > 2533274822068856;10:
> > > If 343 can’t add it to matchmaking, PvE skulls and custom game settings would be acceptable.
> >
> > It’s not really about adding it to matchmaking, that not the issue.
> >
> > Its just fundamentally makes players use other weapons and tactics less. Duel Wielding locks you into just using those guns, that’s the core problem.
> > There isn’t really a way to fix that without having to overhaul that entire system which probably isn’t worth it.
> >
> > Having it be in campaign or customs exclusively is a bit weird too. The mechanics of a game should translate to every mode, having DW locked to specific criteria isn’t really a viable solution in my opinion.
> > It’s a case of all or nothing. And nothing seems to be the lesser of two evils.
>
> Do you not notice how my request was limited to making it an option? You know, for fun? Why is totally optional fun forgotten by so many people these days?

I’m completely aware what your post was, I’m not saying you can’t have that.

My point is, why put time into making a gameplay sandbox feature that’s just going to be entirely optional anyway.

Im sure it would be fun, but logically in terms of making that feature in the product. Unlikely to happen just for the ”fun factor”.

Really no need to be so defensive, it’s a open discussion.

> 2533274865778947;14:
> > 2533274822068856;13:
> > > 2533274865778947;11:
> > > > 2533274822068856;10:
> > > > If 343 can’t add it to matchmaking, PvE skulls and custom game settings would be acceptable.
> > >
> > > It’s not really about adding it to matchmaking, that not the issue.
> > >
> > > Its just fundamentally makes players use other weapons and tactics less. Duel Wielding locks you into just using those guns, that’s the core problem.
> > > There isn’t really a way to fix that without having to overhaul that entire system which probably isn’t worth it.
> > >
> > > Having it be in campaign or customs exclusively is a bit weird too. The mechanics of a game should translate to every mode, having DW locked to specific criteria isn’t really a viable solution in my opinion.
> > > It’s a case of all or nothing. And nothing seems to be the lesser of two evils.
> >
> > Do you not notice how my request was limited to making it an option? You know, for fun? Why is totally optional fun forgotten by so many people these days?
>
> My point is, why put time into making a gameplay sandbox feature that’s just going to be entirely optional anyway.
>
> Im sure it would be fun

That’s all I’m trying to say. Trust me, I know it messes with game balance if not done properly, and is extremely difficult to balance in general. But this would just be a goofy option that doesn’t need perfect balancing later down the road, after 343 sorts out the current balance issues.

would be cool but it wont be added most probs