Dual Wielding in Halo 4

I haven’t seen anyone mention Dual Wielding since I first came here a few days ago.

It was stupid not to include it in Reach and ODST. Who else hopes it comes back for Halo 4? Along with Equipment, lack of fall damage and a great art style, it was one of my most missed features in Reach.

> I haven’t seen anyone mention Dual Wielding since I first came here a few days ago.
>
> It was stupid not to include it in Reach and ODST. Who else hopes it comes back for Halo 4? Along with Equipment, lack of fall damage and a great art style, it was one of my most missed features in Reach.

actually if you use the search engine on here you’d find they have them all mentioned. Odst didnt have Dual wielding be they arent spartans, reach was just an arguement that could be debated to the end.

Anyways dual wielding is back and so is no fall damage and regen health since the master chief’s armor the Mark 6 or anything newer will support it. equipment were kinda lame and AA’s brought something new so something better is to come. and hopefully the game plays smoother then Halo reach

Reach didn’t have dual wielding because it went back to the CE thing with many features, such as grenades, single shot utility weapons and fall damage.

Apparently the Mk5 is incapable of holding weapons with two hands, but the Mk 6 can, so expect the Chief to be using both of his hands in Halo 4.
/Sarcasm

I’d like to see Duel Wielding return, and I’d like to see it properly balanced. For some reason, duel wielding resulted in a damage reduction, which I feel is pointless, given that you lose the ability to melee and to throw grenades, and the fact that the weapons that could be duel wielded weren’t accurate over long ranges.

I believe that there should be no damage reduction, to make it a viable tactic.

> Reach didn’t have dual wielding because it went back to the CE thing with many features, such as grenades, single shot utility weapons and fall damage.
>
> Apparently the Mk5 is incapable of holding weapons with two hands, but the Mk 6 can, so expect the Chief to be using both of his hands in Halo 4.
> /Sarcasm

ya but what i cant get is the Elites in campaign were dual wielding so why not in matchmaking? lol or have the ability to pick up the other weapon but not see the ammo count. lol anyways im glad its will be back with health regen and no fall damage will be back i didnt like that in H1, ODST, Reach. H2 and 3 all the way

Could you imagine if the 3 shot magnum was dual-wield-able? IN-EFFING-SANE.

I didn’t use dual-wielding in 2 or 3, not really my cup of tea, I prefer my rifle, but I don’t see why a SUPER SOLDIER with an armor so advance it can flip vehicles over can’t hold two weapons at once. I mean at the end of Reach you see Noble 6 shooting his AR and his Magnum, why can’t I do that?

> Could you imagine if the 3 shot magnum was dual-wield-able? IN-EFFING-SANE.
>
> I didn’t use dual-wielding in 2 or 3, not really my cup of tea, I prefer my rifle, but I don’t see why a SUPER SOLDIER with an armor so advance it can flip vehicles over can’t hold two weapons at once. I mean at the end of Reach you see Noble 6 shooting his AR and his Magnum, why can’t I do that?

ya in Halo 4 for Custom Games i want to be able to dual wield any and all weapons with any combo if the option is on to do so

Yeah, I think it should return. We are going to be playing events after Halo 3. It would look stupid if you were not able to dual wield after having done it it in Halo 2 and Halo 3. What they need to do is balance it.

> Reach didn’t have dual wielding because it went back to the CE thing with many features, such as grenades, single shot utility weapons and fall damage.
>
> Apparently the Mk5 is incapable of holding weapons with two hands, but the Mk 6 can, so expect the Chief to be using both of his hands in Halo 4.
> /Sarcasm

actually noble six duel wielded a assault rifle and magnum in the last cutscene of halo reach before he died

there has also been leaked info that duel wielding will return

> > I haven’t seen anyone mention Dual Wielding since I first came here a few days ago.
> >
> > It was stupid not to include it in Reach and ODST. Who else hopes it comes back for Halo 4? Along with Equipment, lack of fall damage and a great art style, it was one of my most missed features in Reach.
>
> actually if you use the search engine on here you’d find they have them all mentioned. Odst didnt have Dual wielding be they arent spartans, reach was just an arguement that could be debated to the end.

Yep,

Im pretty confident dual wielding is going to return in Halo 4. Theres a lot more reasons why it should than shouldn’t. Halo 2,3 had it, why wouldn’t you continue it in the sequel? ODST did not as said above because ODST’s are not Spartans, Reach didn’t because Reach was Reach.

Whilst 343 are looking to evolve the series they are also hoping to bring back the ‘classic’ feel of Halo, one of these being combat and dual wielding is just a small part in there. Dual wield as far as I know was a healthy addition in Halo 2, it’s why it was carried on in 3. It wasn’t overpowered, it wasn’t broken and fans liked it: i’ll be surprised if it isn’t in Halo 4.

There is going to be new additions to the game we haven’t seen before but there is also going to be familiarities to keep the Halo or should I say ‘bring back’ Halo in Halo 4 and beyond.

I hope Dual Wielding will return! It maked gameplay so much enjoyable in my opinion. You felt more like a spartan. That was cool feature that you could dual wield any weapon sets you wanted like plasma pistol and normal pistol. (unlike in Call of Duty and others) That feature is quite rare I think.

I sure as hell hope so.

You can actually dual wield 4 weapons!

/Sarcasm

First of all just because they are Spartans doesn’t mean that ODSTs couldn’t dual-wield pistols. Pistols don’t weigh a ton. It’s just after Halo 3 someone (I forget who, someone important at Bungie) stated that dual-wielding would be cut, I can’t exactly remember the reason, but I’m sure you can look it up and see for yourselves the reason. It’s not because Reach came before CE, it’s not because Spartans on the only things on the planet that know how to dual-wield, it was just simply someone’s decision because they didn’t like it. As for it returning in Halo 4, I don’t know, don’t care much. It’s not that I thought it was bad or anything, I just didn’t use it. Now if I got my 3 shot Halo CE Magnum and got to dual-wield them, I wouldn’t pick up anything else.

Dual Wielding should return.

I never really used it in matchmaking but I always thought it was a good feature.
They just need to balance it.

> First of all just because they are Spartans doesn’t mean that ODSTs couldn’t dual-wield pistols. Pistols don’t weigh a ton.

Recoil.

I would only like to see it return if they can get weapon balance right. I feel the reason Bungie took it out in the first place because it made balancing the weapons more of a nightmare to deal with. Most of the time it seemed the only solution they came up with was throw in a bunch of half-powered weapons that were mostly useless on their own and needed to be dual wielded to be effective. With ODST, I think they just used the excuse of them not being Spartans to legitimize, or at least convince themselves, to not include it.

That being said, I’d love to have dual shotguns again, even if they are just maulers.

> > First of all just because they are Spartans doesn’t mean that ODSTs couldn’t dual-wield pistols. Pistols don’t weigh a ton.
>
> Recoil.

What about the recoil? ODSTs could dual-wield a magnum and the recoil wouldn’t send them flying or soemthing, it would take away from accuracy as it should, but it’s not like they couldn’t.

As for using ODST to legitimize taking it out, that wasn’t the case, as I said someone at Bungie didn’t like it, nothing more.

> I would only like to see it return if they can get weapon balance right. I feel the reason Bungie took it out in the first place because it made balancing the weapons more of a nightmare to deal with. Most of the time it seemed the only solution they came up with was throw in a bunch of half-powered weapons that were mostly useless on their own and needed to be dual wielded to be effective. With ODST, I think they just used the excuse of them not being Spartans to legitimize, or at least convince themselves, to not include it.
>
> That being said, I’d love to have dual shotguns again, even if they are just maulers.

Yeah, generally what I think needs to happen is that some weapons (plasma rifle etc) need to be powered up just a little bit from Halo 3 spec, to make dual wielding worthwhile. After all, you give up your Zoom and Melee abilities for it!