dual wield as a balance to DMR dominance

I personally feel that the DMR, BR, Covenant Carbine, and Light Rifle have made using standard assault rifles virtually impossible in all cases. I would hope that dual wielding returns to counter the over abundance of the ranged rifles in every match.

I think it would be a fair balance that the ranged rifles always have distinct advantage over assault rifles in ranged shooting and that single or dual wielded assault rifles would out right dominate in close quarters combat.

Also I have always dreamed of dual wielding the standard assault rifle since Halo 2 did not have it and Halo 3’s dual wielding did not allow it.

If you can’t use the Assault Rifle in Halo 4 and dominate then you’re doing it wrong. That weapon is a beast. I can consistently beat rifle users mid and close range with it. Pacing your shots has to be the most unknown thing ever…

Assault rifles do very well in close range, for most people at least

it sounds like you’re just using it from too far away. At close range, i can eat people up with my assault rifle.

> I think it would be a fair balance that the ranged rifles always have distinct advantage over assault rifles in ranged shooting and that single or <mark>dual wielded assault rifles</mark> would out right dominate in close quarters combat.
>
> Also I have always dreamed of <mark>dual wielding the standard assault rifle</mark> since Halo 2 did not have it and Halo 3’s dual wielding did not allow it.

dual wielding assault rifles? No

the assault rifle is a two-handed weapon, and even though Spartans are strong, holding a two-handed weapon would, in real life, cause a large drop in accuracy and stability.

in gameplay, it would just be blatantly overpowered.

id prefer my dual smgs they are tank

Autos’ are dominant in their own range. I was a primary user of the AR for quite some time, then recently switched to a storm rifle. I am pretty darn sure if you cannot defeat a LR at close range with an AR, you are trying to snipe with it.
But if your problem is being picked off by a ranged weapon, how will dual wielding CQB type armaments help you to defeat them?

Automatic weapons were intended to be close-range BR/DMR alternatives in your secondary slot. The H4 loadout system kind of messed that up, making you use Firepower to do that (which is pointless, since you’d probably take two precision weapons anyway). They’re not meant to compete with BRs and DMRs.

Making them duel-wieldable was one of the mistakes of Halo 2. In CQB, SMG/PR combos were way too strong for such little effort. Also, I fail to see how CQB weapons could ever take on a precision weapon. Quad-wielded Shotguns are still no match for a BR at midrange.

> Automatic weapons were intended to be close-range BR/DMR alternatives in your secondary slot. The H4 loadout system kind of messed that up, making you use Firepower to do that (which is pointless, since you’d probably take two precision weapons anyway). They’re not meant to compete with BRs and DMRs.
>
> Making them duel-wieldable was one of the mistakes of Halo 2. In CQB, SMG/PR combos were way too strong for such little effort. Also, I fail to see how CQB weapons could ever take on a precision weapon. Quad-wielded Shotguns are still no match for a BR at midrange.

Well here is the thing. It is clear that Halo 4 prefers precision over automatics by how 343i took out one very big thing that allowed automatic to bring down/ harass ranged weapons was descope. What you are on about is some zealous Ranged over CQB thing.

This is weird how you say dual wielding is over powered but than you say that a quad shotgun won’t matter.( making a joke saying the number of guns doesn’t matter.) But if that is true than how is dual wielding OP if you can beat them. IF you ask me what needs to be done is that long ranged weapons need to be turned down a bit with the damage. LR takes 4 shoot kill while scoped in. WTF. Every time i use it i feel like i am Vader chasing Luke through the trenches just saying.

“I have you now!”(- Solo)

You can’t say that DMR and LR aren’t Op. at least the BR has to land all three shoots in order to do massive damage.

Automatic weapons require low gun skill and aim, so they shouldnt be more powerful than weapons that take more skill ( BR, Carbine…). The automatic weapons are stronger in close combat and that´s ok. IMO someone with a BR that doesnt miss one shot should never lose to someone with an AR.

While I would like to see duel wielding back (and sentinel beams) Duel wielding would take appropriate balancing, we can’t duel wield heavier weapons, it would be way over-powered. Two SMG’s, two PR, two spikers, or two maulers are fin by me.

> While I would like to see duel wielding back (and sentinel beams) Duel wielding would take appropriate balancing, we can’t duel wield heavier weapons, it would be way over-powered. Two SMG’s, two PR, two spikers, or two maulers are fin by me.

Well what if holding two large weapons slowed you down a bit. Of course accuracy would be lowered and sprint disabled.

The DMR doesn’t dominate the AR. Not since weapon tuning at least.

> I think it would be a fair balance that the ranged rifles always have distinct advantage over assault rifles in ranged shooting and that single or dual wielded assault rifles would out right dominate in close quarters combat.

The thing about CQC, and automatics in particular, is that there is little skill requirement.

Despite that point, your post makes no sense. Automatics already beat precisions in close range. Making them even more powerful at close range doesn’t solve them getting owned at medium range. Dual Wielding does nothing to balance the two out except make automatics more ridiculous in their respective range.

As said above, holding four shotguns at a time won’t do you any good at ranges where the shotgun can’t even hit opponents.

The obvious solution is to increase the range and skillgap of automatic weapons, or add more options to CQC, instead of just making automatics even worse of a skill-less stereotype.

> > I think it would be a fair balance that the ranged rifles always have distinct advantage over assault rifles in ranged shooting and that single or dual wielded assault rifles would out right dominate in close quarters combat.
>
> The thing about CQC, and automatics in particular, is that there is little skill requirement.
>
> Despite that point, your post makes no sense. Automatics already beat precisions in close range. Making them even more powerful at close range doesn’t solve them getting owned at medium range. Dual Wielding does nothing to balance the two out except make automatics more ridiculous in their respective range.
>
> As said above, holding four shotguns at a time won’t do you any good at ranges where the shotgun can’t even hit opponents.
>
> The obvious solution is to increase the range and skillgap of automatic weapons, or add more options to CQC, instead of just making automatics even worse of a skill-less stereotype.

In Halo 4 I would argue how the AR takes more skill than a BR anyday.

What makes a skill gap changes from game to game, and the inability to spray and pray with the AR against burst-users instantly raises the skill gap, as well as there being literally no aim assists past your nose.

The Halo 4 BR on the other hand has a TON of aim assist. It’s rare to say the least for a player miss the 4 shot kill with the BR because it’s just so noob friendly.

> What makes a skill gap changes from game to game, and the inability to spray and pray with the AR against burst-users instantly raises the skill gap, as well as there being literally no aim assists past your nose.

Shooting a Plasma Pistol at medium range takes skill. It’s still a horrendously ineffective way to kill an enemy. Likewise, if you try to Burst Fire against a Battle Rifle user, you will get dominated.

Your aim assist argument would be valid if the Assault Rifle was a practical choice at those ranges to begin with. Within the Assault Rifle’s effective range, it requires little skill. Buffing up the Assault Rifle and making it less effective at close range would further solidify this skill requirement.

If you were to make the Assault Rifle more damaging, but remove all to almost all aim assist it has, it would be one of the most skillful weapons in the series. The precisions on the other hand would be easier to aim and have the capability of finishing off enemies, but would deal less damage.

Unfortunately, people would whine about it being “overpowered”.

All that said, everything in this game is noob friendly.

Dual wielding was bad. It should never come back. The balance between assault weapons and long range weapons in this game is totally fine.

Hey, so everybody will quit whining abput “DMR is better!” “No the Br is better!”, why doesn’t 343 merge them and create a weapon with the looks of a DMR, and the fire rate and mag size of a BR? Anybody? Huh?

Duel wielding should return regardless of rifle power.

> Hey, so everybody will quit whining abput “DMR is better!” “No the Br is better!”, why doesn’t 343 merge them and create a weapon with the looks of a DMR, and the fire rate and mag size of a BR? Anybody? Huh?

No because there’s absolutely no reason why 2 completely different weapons with completely different roles can’t be in the same game.

Or add descope

> > Hey, so everybody will quit whining abput “DMR is better!” “No the Br is better!”, why doesn’t 343 merge them and create a weapon with the looks of a DMR, and the fire rate and mag size of a BR? Anybody? Huh?
>
> No because there’s absolutely no reason why 2 completely different weapons with completely different roles can’t be in the same game.

The roles only slightly differ, and merging them into the same weapon gives you a versatile weapon that allows you to perform both roles at once.

Starting with a versatile weapon is a good thing.