Dual health bars for warzone?

The metagame is currently to sit back and let the other team do all the work before you pick off legendaries with a power weapon. This is the consensus my lobby of 10 the other night reached, but one of them had a pretty good idea to stop that. What if there was one health bar for each team on warzone bosses? That way both teams would have to put in the same amount of work, and only the team which kept the other off of the boss the best would get the points.

I think a better solution is to distribute the value to the teams according to how much damage was dealt. Maybe a bit of a bonus for the kill shot.

So like:

Team A did 40% damage and got the kill shot, earning an additional 10%
Team B did 60% damage but loses 10% for not getting the kill shot

Team A gets 50% and Team B gets 50%.

if you’re going to do half and half make the killshot 50% because stealing boss kills is a very viable strategy.

Warsozone Legendary bosses are worth 150 points… How scoring should have been awarded is simple and is really frustrating it wasnt how they did it.
1% of damage dealt equates to 1 point for your team, 50 point bonus for the kill while lower 25 point value enemies are still “stealable”

> 2533274831961512;3:
> if you’re going to do half and half make the killshot 50% because stealing boss kills is a very viable strategy.

I feel as though this is still too high.

From a designer’s standpoint, one of the worst things you can do is make a player feel like they wasted their time; it kills that player’s desire to continue playing the game. This is why I can’t understand the H5 Warzone gameplay designer’s score distribution decision.

> 2533274795997033;5:
> > 2533274831961512;3:
> > if you’re going to do half and half make the killshot 50% because stealing boss kills is a very viable strategy.
>
>
> I feel as though this is still too high.
>
> From a designer’s standpoint, one of the worst things you can do is make a player feel like they wasted their time; it kills that player’s desire to continue playing the game. This is why I can’t understand the H5 Warzone gameplay designer’s score distribution decision.

and another worst things from a designers standpoint is dual penalizing a player. like your suggestion. 1 team shouldn’t loose points just because they didn’t get the final kill on something while at the same time giving th points to the other team. example.

team A gets 40% points but get 10% bonus for the kill. bringing there’s up to 50%

team B gets 60% but didn’t kill the boss. they shouldn’t be penalized and deducted 10% of their rightfully earned points just because the other team got the kill.

the penalty for team B is not getting 70% instead letting Team A go from 40% to 50% as a result Team A getting closer to team B in points. that’s the penalty. there is no need for penalizing the good team twice just because they didn’t get the kill.

> 2533274863753117;6:
> > 2533274795997033;5:
> > > 2533274831961512;3:
> > > if you’re going to do half and half make the killshot 50% because stealing boss kills is a very viable strategy.
> >
> >
> > I feel as though this is still too high.
> >
> > From a designer’s standpoint, one of the worst things you can do is make a player feel like they wasted their time; it kills that player’s desire to continue playing the game. This is why I can’t understand the H5 Warzone gameplay designer’s score distribution decision.
>
>
> and another worst things from a designers standpoint is dual penalizing a player. like your suggestion. 1 team shouldn’t loose points just because they didn’t get the final kill on something while at the same time giving th points to the other team. example.
>
> team A gets 40% points but get 10% bonus for the kill. bringing there’s up to 50%
>
> team B gets 60% but didn’t kill the boss. they shouldn’t be penalized and deducted 10% of their rightfully earned points just because the other team got the kill.
>
> the penalty for team B is not getting 70% instead letting Team A go from 40% to 50% as a result Team A getting closer to team B in points. that’s the penalty. there is no need for penalizing the good team twice just because they didn’t get the kill.

See, dual health bars would skirt around that entirely by ensuring there can be no last second snipe. I feel it’s important not to lose sight of the fact that the kill is the most important thing regardless of the means of achieving it.