Drop in-and-out of Matches?

Not sure if this is confirmed but it looks like Halo will have the “COD like” style of dropping in and out of games in progress.

(If it is confirmed then) I feel like its a better fit for Halo then COD, for a couple of reasons.

1. When your in a 4v4 game in Halo and two of your teammates drop out at the start, its so hard to win the game and gets very frustrating

2. In COD sometimes you join a game and the other team has helicopters, planes, ect and you just get ravaged when you join, but this wont be the case in Halo 4

PS: I’m not saying Halo is like COD I’m just comparing the two

What do you guys think?

It is confirmed.

> It is confirmed.

Yep. It won’t be a bad thing in some situations.

It has been confirmed, no more 1v4s.

It would be nice to have the ability of having players joining in games so it doesnt become an instant handicap when quitters rage out

Hoping that HALO 4 will have the same quitting penalty as Reach, so you get the best of both, the quitters get punished and the team affected can get their numbers back up to keep the fight balanced

> It has been confirmed, no more 1v4s.

But I like clutching 1v4s…

I believe it is just for some playlists…

I’ll be joining in as many matches as I can.

This is the way I liked to play in Halo CE on spynet.

I just hope they have a medal that is incentive for other’s to play ‘join in’ like ‘HERO’ (saved the game) or ‘Reclaimer’ or something cool like that.

> > It has been confirmed, no more 1v4s.
>
> But I like clutching 1v4s…

lol me too.

They should keep it out of what’s intended to be the ranked playlists

Join in progress is a horrible idea and does not work in CoD and will not work in Halo. Joining games that are 20-5 because the previous team sucked is fair to you. If they made it optional no one would use it, so only noobs who don’t know it’s there will join games and bring the team down even more. There’s no way they can make it work and help matchmaking, and the only way around it would be to get a full team every single game you play.

https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst94791_2-ways-to-make-JIP-enjoyable.aspx
Ideas on how to make it better

Since it’s optional, what’s wrong with it? I think a LOT of people will choose to be able to join in progress simply because it would speed up finding a game tenfold.

Read this guys, just a friendly reminder in regards to drop in/drop out system. It’s near the bottom of of the Q&A, CypressSmurf asks about it

I don’t understand some of the hate “Drop in” matchmaking is creating, is it just because CoD has it?

> Not sure if this is confirmed but it looks like Halo will have the <mark>“COD like” style</mark> of dropping in and out of games in progress.
>
> (If it is confirmed then) I feel like its a better fit for Halo then COD, for a couple of reasons.
>
> 1. When your in a 4v4 game in Halo and two of your teammates drop out at the start, its so hard to win the game and gets very frustrating
>
> 2. In COD sometimes you join a game and the other team has helicopters, planes, ect and you just get ravaged when you join, but this wont be the case in Halo 4
>
> PS: I’m not saying Halo is like COD I’m just comparing the two
>
> What do you guys think?

Why does everything about Halo 4 have to be copying Call of Duty!? You do realize CoD is NOT the only other FPS out there, and is certainly not the only FPS that has “Drop-in-drop-out” matchmaking.

> I don’t understand some of the hate “Drop in” matchmaking is creating, is it just because CoD has it?

Pretty much though there are some valid concerns. Such as being put into a losing match that ends as soon as you join. Which DOES affect your stats, which is total BS.

Currently, there is no system that scans games before it lets you join the game in progress. I think the drop in drop out would be much better if games go past a certain threshold (if the time is almost up or if the winning team is about to win etc) and if it does, you will be prevented from joining in. If the game is still winnable and still has time on the clock, you can join in.

I wonder how it will play out with BTB and spawnkilling:

Party of 8 vs 8 randoms
Half of randoms quit
-blackscreen-
4 more players thrown in
Party of 8 starts spawnkilling
2 more randoms quit
2 more are thrown in
-blackscreen-
More spawnkilling
3 more quit
3 more subbed in
-blackscreen-

Just brainstorming.

I believe it’s an optional feature so thankfully we don’t have to use it.

I don’t really like the drop-in-and-out type matches, because then many people will do it. If it works, then great, if it doesn’t, oh well, but what I really want is for that blackscreen to be fixed.

> > Not sure if this is confirmed but it looks like Halo will have the <mark>“COD like” style</mark> of dropping in and out of games in progress.
> >
> > (If it is confirmed then) I feel like its a better fit for Halo then COD, for a couple of reasons.
> >
> > 1. When your in a 4v4 game in Halo and two of your teammates drop out at the start, its so hard to win the game and gets very frustrating
> >
> > 2. In COD sometimes you join a game and the other team has helicopters, planes, ect and you just get ravaged when you join, but this wont be the case in Halo 4
> >
> > PS: I’m not saying Halo is like COD I’m just comparing the two
> >
> > What do you guys think?
>
> Why does everything about Halo 4 have to be copying Call of Duty!? You do realize CoD is NOT the only other FPS out there, and is certainly not the only FPS that has “Drop-in-drop-out” matchmaking.

Oh but COD is the first FPS to have that feature, and all others are ripping off of COD.[/sarcasm]
Really people, WTH, why is it every time you see something new in Halo 4, you hate it because COD just so happens to have it.

OH HEY! HALO 4 HAS RIFLES! COD ALSO HAS RIFLE LIKE WEAPONS! LETS HATE ON THEM, AND GET 343I TO REMOVE THEM!