Drones part of what organization

Now I believe that Drones will most likely return in Halo Infinite but since Drones aren’t part of the Banished, what organizations could they be part of instead? Will it be revealed that Drones work for the Created? That’s a possibility or maybe another organization in Halo Infinite that isn’t the Banished as well. What do you think?

I’ve wondered this a lot about the Drones. They’re a hive-minded species, so if Cortana were able to convince the Queens to go with her plan, then the rest would follow. Then again, the Drones’ last masters didn’t treat them particularly well, so it would be a tough sell. It worked for the Grunts, but the Drones are a toss up imo.

It’s possible Escharum might have some Drones among his army, likely either hired mercenaries or enslaved labourers.

The Drones, as a species, are mostly confined to their home system, living on their homeworld of Palamok and a few colonies. The UNSC and the Swords of Sanghelios have, for the most part, adopted a “don’t poke the nest” stance, leaving the hives to their own devices. Most of those Drones outside their home system are either enslaved or hired mercenaries.

It should be noted that when Cortana gave her ultimatum to the galaxy, she named every known sentient race, even the Lekgolo (Hunters), but left out the Yanme’e (Drones). Spartan Buck also made note of this. This in particular has some interesting implications: perhaps Cortana doesn’t see the Drones as worthy of joining her; maybe their home system is already under her control. I do hope this in particular is expanded upon in some form.

> 2535469072044761;1:
> Now I believe that Drones will most likely return in Halo Infinite but since Drones aren’t part of the Banished, what organizations could they be part of instead? Will it be revealed that Drones work for the Created? That’s a possibility or maybe another organization in Halo Infinite that isn’t the Banished as well. What do you think?

You know I wouldnt mind not having to fight them anyway. As far as infantry units go we have enough and the drones being a hive mind species would have to serve from a Queen who willingly joined the Banished. As it stands we do not know if any have, but its not entirely out of the question if the Queen/hive benefits from the arrangement.

The Banished maintains its members via some sort of reward be it simply the thrill of battle or some such resource or even just food.

> 2535465841210047;4:
> > 2535469072044761;1:
> > Now I believe that Drones will most likely return in Halo Infinite but since Drones aren’t part of the Banished, what organizations could they be part of instead? Will it be revealed that Drones work for the Created? That’s a possibility or maybe another organization in Halo Infinite that isn’t the Banished as well. What do you think?
>
> You know I wouldnt mind not having to fight them anyway. As far as infantry units go we have enough and the drones being a hive mind species would have to serve from a Queen who willingly joined the Banished. As it stands we do not know if any have, but its not entirely out of the question if the Queen/hive benefits from the arrangement.
>
> The Banished maintains its members via some sort of reward be it simply the thrill of battle or some such resource or even just food.

But I’d like them to appear in Halo Infinite because I’d like to fight them in a main trilogy game and Halo 4 and 5 didn’t have Drones even though they should of appeared in those two games. Perhaps in Halo Infinite, we could end up seeing the sniper Drone be added to Halo Infinite which then it’s no longer cut content.

> 2535469072044761;5:
> > 2535465841210047;4:
> > > 2535469072044761;1:
> > > Now I believe that Drones will most likely return in Halo Infinite but since Drones aren’t part of the Banished, what organizations could they be part of instead? Will it be revealed that Drones work for the Created? That’s a possibility or maybe another organization in Halo Infinite that isn’t the Banished as well. What do you think?
> >
> > You know I wouldnt mind not having to fight them anyway. As far as infantry units go we have enough and the drones being a hive mind species would have to serve from a Queen who willingly joined the Banished. As it stands we do not know if any have, but its not entirely out of the question if the Queen/hive benefits from the arrangement.
> >
> > The Banished maintains its members via some sort of reward be it simply the thrill of battle or some such resource or even just food.
>
> But I’d like them to appear in Halo Infinite because I’d like to fight them in a main trilogy game and Halo 4 and 5 didn’t have Drones even though they should of appeared in those two games. Perhaps in Halo Infinite, we could end up seeing the sniper Drone be added to Halo Infinite which then it’s no longer cut content.

Well it would be interesting to see Drones use anything besides Covenant small arms weaponry tbh.

On the whole they strike me as advantageous sniper units because of their natural flight abilities but perhaps in a small swarm of sniper specific drones as opposed to a regular swarm?

Its an interesting idea, but it would also give them competition alongside Jackal Snipers who have been a Halo mainstay.