Drones coming back in future Halo video games?

I was reading the Halo: New Blood novel book. In the novel book, it is revealed that the Drones have disappeared. Is it possible that we could see the Drones coming back in the Halo video games?

Unfortunately, chances are probably pretty slim

still, I’m glad the drones were used sparingly in the original games— they made for an interesting challenge but too many of them at once could get tedious

i hope they make a comeback.

> 2535434101253033;1:
> I was reading the Halo: New Blood novel book. In the novel book, it is revealed that the Drones have disappeared. Is it possible that we could see the Drones coming back in the Halo video games?

Part of me thinks the answer may revolve around the San’Shyuum flotilla mentioned in Shadow of Intent. With a Prelate seemingly on the cover of Divine Wind, perhaps that will soon be cleared up

> 2535423701256812;2:
> Unfortunately, chances are probably pretty slim
>
> still, I’m glad the drones were used sparingly in the original games— they made for an interesting challenge but too many of them at once could get tedious

If they did it how H4 did it with the reclaimer mission, then that could be interesting.

I really miss them. They added a nice change of pace and verticality to the game. Drones were an enemy that made you reconsider how you moved around the battlefield and what weapons to choose. I would love to see them back. Was ODST the last title to feature them?

> 2533274811069664;6:
> I really miss them. They added a nice change of pace and verticality to the game. Drones were an enemy that made you reconsider how you moved around the battlefield and what weapons to choose. I would love to see them back. Was ODST the last title to feature them?

Yes, Halo 3: ODST was the last Halo video game that have the Drones.

> 2535434101253033;7:
> > 2533274811069664;6:
> > I really miss them. They added a nice change of pace and verticality to the game. Drones were an enemy that made you reconsider how you moved around the battlefield and what weapons to choose. I would love to see them back. Was ODST the last title to feature them?
>
> Yes, Halo 3: ODST was the last Halo video game that have the Drones.

Drones also appear in Halo: Reach and Halo: Spartan Strike.

Those Buggers can bugger off!

All jokes aside, the only thing I hate more than a H2 Jackal sniper is a swarm of Buggers… It would be nice to see them return as they’re a classic part of Halo, but I won’t lose sleep if they don’t. :man_shrugging:

> 2533274809226598;8:
> > 2535434101253033;7:
> > > 2533274811069664;6:
> > > I really miss them. They added a nice change of pace and verticality to the game. Drones were an enemy that made you reconsider how you moved around the battlefield and what weapons to choose. I would love to see them back. Was ODST the last title to feature them?
> >
> > Yes, Halo 3: ODST was the last Halo video game that have the Drones.
>
> Drones also appear in Halo: Reach and Halo: Spartan Strike.

That’s right! I remember now fighting them on the missions New Alexandria and The Pillar of Autumn

I don’t like watchers and I really don’t like Drones. But if they came back, I’d be fine with it. Just another enemy you’ll get it to fight. Something I always wondered tho, is why aren’t they in Reach’s firefight? They were in ODST’s

I was never a fan of drones. I don’t hate them, but they’re just not as satisfying to kill. Plus, I always found it confusing to know when/if they died after you shot them, especially in higher difficulties. Like Crow’s Nest on legendary wasn’t always fun when you fought the horde of drones because it can take two shots to kill them, but when you hit them once, they’ll drop to fly, or they’ll drop because you got a headshot, so you never knew when to follow up on the shot while also trying to conserve ammo. It led to me aiming at and shooting each drone one or two times, and it just took forever.

I kinda always dreaded the drones on H2, but I would be game to see them again if they were sparse.

I hope they come back, add even more variety to the gameplay even if they are annoying.

I hope so

I would like to see them return for sure. While I didn’t really love fighting them, they are apart of Halo and I would love to see as much diversity as possible.

Banished Drones? It would be interesting to see them wearing Brute-designed body armor and weaponry.