Driving vehicles in first person (For future Halos if not Reach)

If you’re riding a ground, air, or using a turret, do you want to be able to press right on D-Pad or some other button to toggle First Person?

IMO, it would be pretty sick to use a Banshee in first person, especially when you do the flips. Plus, I wanna know how they see in those damn vehicles.

Racing with Mongooses on tracks with jumps would be epic.

Driving a falcon in First Person would have a nice feel, I wanna know how it feels like to be in the cockpit.

Remember, you can still drive a vehicle in third person, it’s just that you can toggle it using a button. Pointless? Maybe. Epic? Definitely.

I dont know about that banshee. For one, the flipping would probably make you sick after a while. Plus if you cant see above you, you might flip into an object and blow up :stuck_out_tongue: Neat idea though.

Hope this is okay, but:
Reach First Person Vehicles - Youtube

The Warthog looks fun, but hard to see in. The Mongoose and the Falcon are great though.

> Hope this is okay, but:
> Reach First Person Vehicles - Youtube
>
> The Warthog looks fun, but hard to see in. The Mongoose and the Falcon are great though.

That looks awesome but I’m nervous about mods so I’ll stay away.

> I dont know about that banshee. For one, the flipping would probably make you sick after a while. Plus if you cant see above you, you might flip into an object and blow up :stuck_out_tongue: Neat idea though.

Yeah honestly it seems like it would only be something cool for mongooses since other vehicles have windshields that crack and stuff. Honestly I would enjoy having it for mongoose but I think I think it’s something that that 343 should stay away from.

Damn that works much better than i imagined.

Its not really worth losing the situational awareness of the 3rd person wrap around camera though.

> > I dont know about that banshee. For one, the flipping would probably make you sick after a while. Plus if you cant see above you, you might flip into an object and blow up :stuck_out_tongue: Neat idea though.
>
> Yeah honestly it seems like it would only be something cool for mongooses since other vehicles have windshields that crack and stuff. Honestly I would enjoy having it for mongoose but I think I think it’s something that that 343 should stay away from.

Why stay away from it? Default is third person but if you press right (or some other button) on D-pad it makes it first person. Adds epicness. Especially in races.

> Damn that works much better than i imagined.
>
> Its not really worth losing the situational awareness of the 3rd person wrap around camera though.

It is in races. :wink:

I wouldn’t use it but I am not one to deny anyone options. I am all for it in that regard.

> I wouldn’t use it but I am not one to deny anyone options. I am all for it in that regard.

I would love an option for that, but 343s time wouldbe better spent on Halo 4 or fixing some problems in Reach. Add it to Halo 3 for testing though

> > I wouldn’t use it but I am not one to deny anyone options. I am all for it in that regard.
>
> I would love an option for that, but 343s time wouldbe better spent on Halo 4 or fixing some problems in Reach. Add it to Halo 3 for testing though

Oops…I thought OP was referring to Halo 4. I forgot what section I was in.

> > > I wouldn’t use it but I am not one to deny anyone options. I am all for it in that regard.
> >
> > I would love an option for that, but 343s time wouldbe better spent on Halo 4 or fixing some problems in Reach. Add it to Halo 3 for testing though
>
> Oops…I thought OP was referring to Halo 4. I forgot what section I was in.

Honestly, this is for all of the current and future Halos. It’s just that Reach is the most recent.

>
> The Warthog looks fun, but hard to see in. The Mongoose and the Falcon are great though.

I just wet myself with joy. That camera view is so awesome. too bad im poor and dont want to risk ruining my xbox by screwing up a mod. D:

In Halo CEA get in the side seat of the warthog and you get a sick first-person view. Wish they kept it that way

FYI: Im talking campaign of course not multiplayer

> FYI: Im talking campaign of course not multiplayer

I’m talking about everything! Default is third person when using an external object but pressing right on the D-pad switches it to first person. Pressing right again goes back to third for vehicles, and animations. This goes for everything! Even when picking up turrets. EVEN ASSASSINATIONS!!!

I think at minimum it’d be worth having as a custom game option, although I don’t see why it couldn’t be in the start menu with your control scheme and such. Battle field has like 20 different customization settings so I wouldn’t think it would be too big of a deal for halo to add a few more.

>

That. Was. Epic.

> > Hope this is okay, but:
> > Reach First Person Vehicles - Youtube
> >
> > The Warthog looks fun, but hard to see in. The Mongoose and the Falcon are great though.
>
> I just wet myself with joy. That camera view is so awesome. too bad im poor and dont want to risk ruining my xbox by screwing up a mod. D:

I don’t want to risk getting banned either. :frowning:

>

Its what I have always wanted…always