driving the scarab

It’s time. Halo 4 NEEDS to let you drive the scarab, i’ve wanted to do it ever since halo 2. I always get my hopes up to drive it but NOOOO it never happens. In halo 2 i thought i was gonna get to drive it but johnson took it and i was pissed, before halo 3 came out my friend told me you could drive it, turns out he had no idea what he was talking about, then in reach you didn’t even get to fight one. WTF?! It’s time to let us own with the scarab, please 343!

Scarabs aren’t technically vehicles anymore. They’re controlled by Lekgolo worms, so Scarabs are actually overgrown Hunters.

No.
Scarab=nothing compared to a forunner tank/war sphinx

I don’t see what is so amazing about Scarabs. I don’t like the idea of us “driving” one. (Scarabs are worms, just in case you didn’t know)

Scarabs are just giant Hunters, but even if we could drive one, what would you do? They are so big, so slow and their main cannon is easy to dodge (If we have sprint). It’s basically pointless of even having one.

I would suggest maybe going halfway though and having a Locust instead. It’s smaller, faster, and it’s main gun projectiles are faster (I think).

Yes i know scarabs are giant hunters, but if we could regain the alliance with the covenant then maybe we could ride it like we ride a horse lol

> Yes i know scarabs are giant hunters, but if we could regain the alliance with the covenant then maybe we could ride it like we ride a horse lol

…why?

It’s a waste of potential anyway for a super-soldier to be on the back-seat of a war machine such as a Scarab when any normal grunt could do it. Would you want two valuable assets, the Scarab and the Spartan, to be destroyed exactly at the same time by something potentially more lethal?

you could kinda drive one on halo 3 when you go right to the front if you go left it goes left if you go right it goes right.

Go to about 1:30 of this video.

I think to keep people satisfied all we need is the scarab gun back, just make it easier to get to lol

We actually were supposed to have a level in Reach (after New Alexandria) where we got to drive a Scarab, but it got canned. So driving a Scarab isn’t impossible. I definitely want to.

How about a level where we hijack a Scarab and bring it against Forerunner War Sphinxes?

um
guys hes talking about the mining scarab
not the assault scarab
The Mining one is a drivable mining base while the assault scarab is a deployable fat -Yoink- hunter

[/quote]
…why?

It’s a waste of potential anyway for a super-soldier to be on the back-seat of a war machine such as a Scarab when any normal grunt could do it. Would you want two valuable assets, the Scarab and the Spartan, to be destroyed exactly at the same time by something potentially more lethal?
[/quote]
What if there was no marines nearby?

johnson drove one in halo 2

I can understand why people want pelicans… BUT SCARABS!? You’re asking for WAY TOO MUCH sometimes community.

> johnson drove one in halo 2

That was an excavator scarab. I recall the B.net forum people always had that discussion.

EDIT: The Scarab models (Look at the V1)

There was a level where your marines get to control a Scarab in Halo Wars.

> It’s time. Halo 4 NEEDS to let you drive the scarab, i’ve wanted to do it ever since halo 2. I always get my hopes up to drive it but NOOOO it never happens. In halo 2 i thought i was gonna get to drive it but johnson took it and i was pissed, before halo 3 came out my friend told me you could drive it, turns out he had no idea what he was talking about, then in reach you didn’t even get to fight one. WTF?! It’s time to let us own with the scarab, please 343!

I think you’re building your up for what could be a major let down. Scarabs are crazy slow.

> Yes i know scarabs are giant hunters, but if we could regain the alliance with the covenant then maybe we could ride it like we ride a horse lol

The alliance with the Elites isn’t over. The Covenant has been disbanded. The Covies that you fight in Halo 4 are most likely a splinter faction(Such as the Servants of Abiding truth from Halo:Glasslands), The Arbiter(Thel Vadamee) is still on your side and he has many supporters who want an alliance with Humanity. As for driving a scarab, I would rather stick with the Locust as it can be ported across both MP and Campaign.

> Scarabs are just giant Hunters, but even if we could drive one, what would you do? They are so big, so slow and their main cannon is easy to dodge (If we have sprint). It’s basically pointless of even having one.
>
> I would suggest maybe going halfway though and having a Locust instead. It’s smaller, faster, <mark>and it’s main gun projectiles are faster (I think)</mark>.

The Locust’s beam hits instantly. I’d call that faster