Driving doesn't take enough skill

I am always seeing people jump into Warthogs and take off in them with little to no trouble. Anyone can get a Hog from one end of the map to the other, and I don’t think the skill gap is big enough in that regard.

This is why I think the driving physics should be changed to play like Forza Motorsport games, so players can’t be stepping on the throttle and whip around corners with ease. This would also require players to slow down to about half the max speed to take a 90° turn without sliding into walls and trees. Also, vehicles should have the clutch depressed until proper RPMs are reached before you can take off. I think this would really make the game better as a whole, and skilled players can get a distinct edge over everyone else who isn’t as good.

Thoughts?

Drive a mongoose in warzone and dont get shot off it. That takes some skill.

I just don’t like the general way most vehicles in Halo 5 handle, and it sucks when you hit a small rock and end up doing 2 frontflips.

Daaayyum Daniel

No.

Vehicles are fine the way they are.

> 2533275016942754;3:
> I just don’t like the general way most vehicles in Halo 5 handle, and it sucks when you hit a small rock and end up doing 2 frontflips.

My idea would solve that issue. Proper downforce is needed.

We dont need to change the game to be like need for speed with guns just to fix the issue of hitting a rock or small bump and barrel rolling through the air. With the exception of this issue of bouncing around like a lop-sided rubber ball, I think the vehicles are fine…just please fix that is all

Yeah that’s what Halo 5 needs, hyper-realistic DRIVING simulation. The hovercrafts and flying death machines need more realistic handling.

The vehicles in Halo have always been like this, not exactly the same, but similar throughout the halo games, they’ve always had that weird feeling that isn’t like a normal car. I happen to like how the vehicles handle in Halo games.

It needs to be like Mario Kart, where you can drift then whip direction back and forth to gain boost.

On a more serious note, they need to react to Nades and Rockets with similar physics to H:CE. Ever since Halo 2, it’s like any noob can just drive around like they own the map with no risk of getting flipped or anything. Bungie always balanced this with weapons such as the lock-on Rockets. In H5, atleast you can shoot them down now. But, I still miss the days where you could drive around and dodge explosions while players on foot could strategically place an explosion then beat them down when they roll over. :wink:

> 2533274808210415;1:
> I am always seeing people jump into Warthogs and take off in them with little to no trouble. Anyone can get a Hog from one end of the map to the other, and I don’t think the skill gap is big enough in that regard.
>
> This is why I think the driving physics should be changed to play like Forza Motorsport games, so players can’t be stepping on the throttle and whip around corners with ease. This would also require players to slow down to about half the max speed to take a 90° turn without sliding into walls and trees. Also, vehicles should have the clutch depressed until proper RPMs are reached before you can take off. I think this would really make the game better as a whole, and skilled players can get a distinct edge over everyone else who isn’t as good.
>
> Thoughts?

Apparently you don’t drive ghosts. They flip if you drive over a dime and they’re so slow to settle back down on the ground you think you were driving under water and filled with helium. So much worse than H4 ghosts.

Yeah the way the vehicles handle in this just feels sloppy. I can’t drive a scorpion with out issues in this game. Also feels like they are made out of paper mache.

> 2533275023922571;4:
> Daaayyum Daniel

>facepalm

“Damn Gina”

anyways yes, we need to have the Steering wheel and gas pedal controllers in order to even drive the vehicles in Halo, so once you board one you would need to swap controllers in order to drive

> 2535436108997217;6:
> Vehicles are fine the way they are.

No, no they are not.

Honestly I feel like I’m on ice almost every time I drive a hog just like every other halo and I would hope that spartan super soldiers with enhanced reflexes can drive with ease.

> 2533274808316762;12:
> > 2533274808210415;1:
> >
>
>
> Apparently you don’t drive ghosts. They flip if you drive over a dime and they’re so slow to settle back down on the ground you think you were driving under water and filled with helium. So much worse than H4 ghosts.

and if you tap your teammates they are dead

> 2533274870591903;2:
> Drive a mongoose in warzone and dont get shot off it. That takes some skill.

Truth, and* Regret*

the emphasis on the vehicles needs to be changed.

Hey, even think of how much better racing in customs would be!

This is a bad idea. That is all.