Drivers

I just completed a Spartoan Ops game were the driver of the warthog I was in was a spin less coward that had to be in cover ever time there was a fire fight going on. Now I have had people run me over for no reason and some by accident and those time suck but this was by far the most erriatating match ever and just wanted to get some feed back from other which is your most hated type of drive?

Cowards. Me, personally, I’m a hit and run type of guy.

To be on topic ill say that both circumstances are both severely annoying.Those 2 reasons you gave are scarce on examples.What pisses me off are those guys that dont know how to steal a wraith/banshee/ghost and just destroy it, even if your in it they still try to destroy it lmfao.

Off topic:I cannot stand how many people i come across in spartan ops or any part of the game that simply do not understand on how to use vehicles… at all.For example, i am in the gunner on the warthog and someone is driving, for whatever reason even though i started shooting at a lone elite at about 50 yards they continue to away or even towards the elite.In so doing, the elite that i was unable to kill because the driver kept the vehicle violently unstable and got 5 feet away from the elite and the elite throws a sticky grenade or gets EMP’ed and then stuck with a grenade.

In short, there are so many players without a functioning brain or just a decent amount of common sense, aka 12 year old kids(ESRB board members need replaced, since they cannot rate a game properly anymore).I only wish i knew a bunch of intelligent players that can respond and act accordingly to each and every situation, and understand that a PP is one the most powerful weapons you can use in spartan ops.

One day, one day maybe i will meet 3 other players in spartan ops that have a IQ above 100 and add each other for future games.Fat chance i think haha.

The worst are the idiots that drive directly into a mantis or wraith’s path and stay on it…I just don’t Yoinking! get why kids do that.

Kat

Step 1. Get Mic
Step 2. Plug in
Step 3. Automatically assume control of the mission, as either your allies have such a low IQ, they think you’re part of the game and will try to not fail the game or
Step 4. Scream, and shout, and let it all out, and because you are the only one with a mic, you automatically gain dominance over the others, who shall accept that they are bad players since they dont have mics on a team game.

Hmmm, I like having AI in my vehicles cause I am -Yoink- of driver. I will drive out into the battlefield, splatter a few, spin a round in circles awhile… shield gets low, go for cover… then do it all over again… thats why I prefer AI drivers, if I did it with a person, got I 50-50 chance shooting something while I am driving and living through it… well tried drriving once, -Yoink- came back and betrayed me… so since then, nvr really drove with a person.

The worst driver type? Warthog drivers going for splatter kills.

Can’t top that.

> The worst driver type? Warthog drivers going for splatter kills.
>
> Can’t top that.

Hog driver going for splatter vs player with Plasma Pistol/Nade combo … yeah best drivers

A good driver (in Spartan Ops at least), is someone who ensures the survival of the gunner and the vehicle whilst ensuring completion of objectives. Especially when you are on Legendary difficulty, sometimes it pays to be cautious considering vehicles are scarce.

Majestic Rescue is a good example of distinguishing “good” and “bad” drivers. It is very much possible to survive the entire mission and complete the objective in a timely fashion and have the Warthog very much intact.

Movement and positioning are equally important when it comes to being a smart driver. Sometimes, it is better to find an advantageous spot for your gunner (one that allows the gunner to engage targets but denies the enemies a direct line of sight) than just doing risky drive-by’s.

> A good driver (in Spartan Ops at least), is someone who ensures the survival of the gunner and the vehicle whilst ensuring completion of objectives. Especially when you are on Legendary difficulty, sometimes it pays to be cautious considering vehicles are scarce.
>
> Majestic Rescue is a good example of distinguishing “good” and “bad” drivers. It is very much possible to survive the entire mission and complete the objective in a timely fashion and have the Warthog very much intact.
>
> Movement and positioning are equally important when it comes to being a smart driver. Sometimes, it is better to find an advantageous spot for your gunner (one that allows the gunner to engage targets but denies the enemies a direct line of sight) than just doing risky drive-by’s.

You should add me on XBL if you do Spartan ops allot, just saying.I am one of those drivers that get distance when gunners shields are low, and i have kept a warthog intact throughout that entire mission, but i also had a good gunner which helped greatly.

> > A good driver (in Spartan Ops at least), is someone who ensures the survival of the gunner and the vehicle whilst ensuring completion of objectives. Especially when you are on Legendary difficulty, sometimes it pays to be cautious considering vehicles are scarce.
> >
> > Majestic Rescue is a good example of distinguishing “good” and “bad” drivers. It is very much possible to survive the entire mission and complete the objective in a timely fashion and have the Warthog very much intact.
> >
> > Movement and positioning are equally important when it comes to being a smart driver. Sometimes, it is better to find an advantageous spot for your gunner (one that allows the gunner to engage targets but denies the enemies a direct line of sight) than just doing risky drive-by’s.
>
> You should add me on XBL if you do Spartan ops allot, just saying.I am one of those drivers that get distance when gunners shields are low, and i have kept a warthog intact throughout that entire mission, but i also had a good gunner which helped greatly.

Gladly. I’ll remember to add you the next time I hop online. Ever since reaching the max rank, I’ve been taking on the role of the driver whenever possible since getting a certain number of kills per game to ensure EXP is no longer relevant.

I’d also had my own share of frustration with griefers and trolls in Spartan Ops before, so I try to get in the vehicle before one of those team-killing folks do :smiley:

I love when I’m in the turret seat and instead of the driver taking the normal path, we take a shortcut trying to climb boulders and flipping upside down where the enemy shoots us down. And I also love it when I’m picking off enemies with the turret and the driver stops the warthog, gets out and goes over to pick up a power weapon and then runs away leaving me behind where 99% of the time I get sniped about a second later.

At least your drivers are real people, do you even know how horrible it is to have a marine or Spartan IV IA driving?
Sometimes they just stop moving the warthog at the middle of the firefight for no reason at all.

> I love when I’m in the turret seat and instead of the driver taking the normal path, we take a shortcut trying to climb boulders and flipping upside down where the enemy shoots us down. And I also love it when I’m picking off enemies with the turret and the <mark>driver stops the warthog, gets out and</mark> goes over to pick up a power weapon and <mark>then runs away leaving me behind</mark> where 99% of the time I get sniped about a second later.

Sort of the same thing happened to me, I was playing CTF and the driver dropped me off at the base to get the flag, when I came out, vehicle and driver are gone.

> Kat

Oh Lord the Horror.
She ran me over more times than I could count.