Drivable Scarabs!

Can we please have drivable Scarabs in Halo Infinite?! Fighting Scarabs was fun in Halo 3, but they haven’t appeared since Reach (and that was a brief cameo). Making the Scarab drivable in Halo Infinite would make up for it and more, and I would by 100 copies if the Scarab were playable. Some great ideas for gamemodes involving it have been suggested already, so we already know how we can implament them into the game. Please 343, I’m begging you!

Can’t wait for BTB Scarabs running at negative 4fps.

> 2533274947044147;2:
> Can’t wait for BTB Scarabs running at negative 4fps.

The new Xbox will have a more powerful game engine. It could work.

> 2533275021739444;3:
> > 2533274947044147;2:
> > Can’t wait for BTB Scarabs running at negative 4fps.
>
> The new Xbox will have a more powerful game engine. It could work.

It doesn’t matter if they have to get it to run on the base Xbox

You guys are making the weird assumption that having a drivable scarab is somehow a performance issue?

h3 didn’t have problems when they had two of them on screen.

The problem is likely more making it a fun experience. No map in halo has really been built where one would be enjoyable, most fights are just in big empty arenas so the legs arent an issue.

and driveable pelicans with guns to

This and the infection wildlife by the flood are things that makes me say: How did I not think about it before?

I really want to drive a scarab but i think the gameplay would not be good, maybe we can drive a scarab in a special mission, but more than that i think only will be possible in pc with mods.

> 2533275021739444;1:
> Can we please have drivable Scarabs in Halo Infinite?! Fighting Scarabs was fun in Halo 3, but they haven’t appeared since Reach (and that was a brief cameo). Making the Scarab drivable in Halo Infinite would make up for it and more, and I would by 100 copies if the Scarab were playable. Some great ideas for gamemodes involving it have been suggested already, so we already know how we can implament them into the game. Please 343, I’m begging you!

As cool as this would be the base Xbox One would probably howl with pain before bursting into flames.

(I’m all for dropping the base Xbox One for Infinite btw. Black Ops 3 campaign was next-gen only, with a downgraded multiplayer on 360/PS3. Xbox One came out in 2013. 7 YEARS AGO PEOPLE. We need to move on.)

> 2535462599902940;8:
> > 2533275021739444;1:
> > Can we please have drivable Scarabs in Halo Infinite?! Fighting Scarabs was fun in Halo 3, but they haven’t appeared since Reach (and that was a brief cameo). Making the Scarab drivable in Halo Infinite would make up for it and more, and I would by 100 copies if the Scarab were playable. Some great ideas for gamemodes involving it have been suggested already, so we already know how we can implament them into the game. Please 343, I’m begging you!
>
> As cool as this would be the base Xbox One would probably howl with pain before bursting into flames.
>
> (I’m all for dropping the base Xbox One for Infinite btw. Black Ops 3 campaign was next-gen only, with a downgraded multiplayer on 360/PS3. Xbox One came out in 2013. 7 YEARS AGO PEOPLE. We need to move on.)

Did you know halo reach had a drivable scarab level that was cut due to them not finding it fun…on the 360?

The Xbox One can definetely handle a scarab.

I’m definitely down for drive-able scarabs. When I first saw the Mammoth in H4 I immediately thought to myself “Aw yeah, here we go. Mammoth v Scarab fight coming up”… and then that never happened lol. Been waiting ever since for the Mammoth to return so we could have a duel in a big open area like that.

If the xbox one hardware can handle a drivable scarab I’m all down for it, sounds like it’ll be like an elephant but a lot more pernicious. Although, this is all on paper I have no idea how it will be executed.

I don’t see why people are making this a performance issue. Halo can handle having multiple scarabs on screen, heck, it can even handle them both blowing at the same time. I see no reason why an Xbox One couldn’t handle it, let alone a Series X or PC.

Unless they’re the Type-47A Scarabs which is the Scarab seen in Halo 2 (though unlikely to appear in Halo Infinite since we would be seeing other Scarab variants that are more common than the Type-47A Scarab), they won’t be drivable because they’re controlled by Lekgolo and this includes also the Banished Scarab as that’s also controlled by Lekgolo.

> 2535469072044761;13:
> Unless they’re the Type-47A Scarabs which is the Scarab seen in Halo 2 (though unlikely to appear in Halo Infinite since we would be seeing other Scarab variants that are more common than the Type-47A Scarab), they won’t be drivable because they’re controlled by Lekgolo and this includes also the Banished Scarab as that’s also controlled by Lekgolo.

I’m sure 343 could find a half-decent lore explanation for that. I favor game play over lore when it comes to actually playing the game. We as a community need to be more comfortable with the “rule of cool” again. Bungie did a lot of things that we all love that didn’t make a ton of sense lore-wise. They did it because the rule of cool is more important in gaming than sticking strictly to lore constraints.

I’m a big lore nerd, and I love when something meshes well with both lore and game play, but at the end of the day, I’d rather have fun and drive a scarab than have 343 say a scarab can’t be driven because Lekgolo worms are in charge.

> 2535435902217648;14:
> > 2535469072044761;13:
> > Unless they’re the Type-47A Scarabs which is the Scarab seen in Halo 2 (though unlikely to appear in Halo Infinite since we would be seeing other Scarab variants that are more common than the Type-47A Scarab), they won’t be drivable because they’re controlled by Lekgolo and this includes also the Banished Scarab as that’s also controlled by Lekgolo.
>
> I’m sure 343 could find a half-decent lore explanation for that. I favor game play over lore when it comes to actually playing the game. We as a community need to be more comfortable with the “rule of cool” again. Bungie did a lot of things that we all love that didn’t make a ton of sense lore-wise. They did it because the rule of cool is more important in gaming than sticking strictly to lore constraints.
>
> I’m a big lore nerd, and I love when something meshes well with both lore and game play, but at the end of the day, I’d rather have fun and drive a scarab than have 343 say a scarab can’t be driven because Lekgolo worms are in charge.

I don’t think Scarabs will be drivable without the use of mods because gameplay may not be good if Scarabs were drivable.

Only if we get 50 v 50 game modes.

> 2535469072044761;15:
> > 2535435902217648;14:
> > > 2535469072044761;13:
> > > Unless they’re the Type-47A Scarabs which is the Scarab seen in Halo 2 (though unlikely to appear in Halo Infinite since we would be seeing other Scarab variants that are more common than the Type-47A Scarab), they won’t be drivable because they’re controlled by Lekgolo and this includes also the Banished Scarab as that’s also controlled by Lekgolo.
> >
> > I’m sure 343 could find a half-decent lore explanation for that. I favor game play over lore when it comes to actually playing the game. We as a community need to be more comfortable with the “rule of cool” again. Bungie did a lot of things that we all love that didn’t make a ton of sense lore-wise. They did it because the rule of cool is more important in gaming than sticking strictly to lore constraints.
> >
> > I’m a big lore nerd, and I love when something meshes well with both lore and game play, but at the end of the day, I’d rather have fun and drive a scarab than have 343 say a scarab can’t be driven because Lekgolo worms are in charge.
>
> I don’t think Scarabs will be drivable without the use of mods because gameplay may not be good if Scarabs were drivable.

The map Extinction in Halo: Custom Edition and Halo: Reach would like a word with you.

> 2533274887875135;16:
> Only if we get 50 v 50 game modes.

I am 100% backing this as well.

> 2535435902217648;10:
> I’m definitely down for drive-able scarabs. When I first saw the Mammoth in H4 I immediately thought to myself “Aw yeah, here we go. Mammoth v Scarab fight coming up”… and then that never happened lol. Been waiting ever since for the Mammoth to return so we could have a duel in a big open area like that.

Mamoth vs Scarab would be awesome too. The Mamoth actually had an unused, working, fully functional model. The player was originally intended to drive the Mamoth on Reclaimer, but it got scrapped in favor of the target locator instead. The Xbox One can handle operable, giant vehicle models. It’s not a performance issue at all.

This, plus give us the return of the Spectre. Modern plasma torrents are pretty effective at killing and would do well on a new Spectre.