Dr. Halsey is a War HERO.

Dr. Halsey was the creator of the Spartan-2 program and the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor.

Without Dr. Halsey the Spartan program most likely never would have been created. Without Dr. Halsey there would be no Master Chief.

She is claimed a war criminal for kidnapping young children to enlist in the Program. If you read the books you would understand she didn’t just kidnap kids at 6 years old for her program but during the battle of Earth she took some spartan II’s and III’s to onyx when they were needed to help on Earth.

“And because of our success when the Covenant invaded, we were ready.”

Without her work, Earth and humanity would have fallen, just like Reach did.

“Children’s minds are more easily accepting of indoctrination, their bodies more adaptable for augmentation.”

She kidnapped John and the others because she knew the program would be a success. She knew the children would be willing to fight for the greater cause.

Lolno.

Neutral maybe, but definitely not a hero.

So the entire galaxy is ok with kidnapping and forcing children to become soldiers now?

Look at all the ethics behind her work friend.

She created the Spartans. Without her, there would be none. Catch my drift?

> She created the Spartans. Without her, there would be none. Catch my drift?

It still doesn’t justify her work kidnapping will never be right and forcing them to become Soldiers is even worse.

> She created the Spartans. Without her, there would be none. Catch my drift?

But she kidnapped children and made them killing machines. So not so much ‘a hero’. Granted if the Spartan IIs didn’t exist humanity wouldn’t exist once the Covenant came along, but even still; doesn’t make it right.

If you’ve ever seen the A-Team movie, you could relate the ending to this.

“But we proved we were innocent!”
"Yes, but it’s still illegal to break out of prison

> So the entire galaxy is ok with kidnapping and forcing children to become soldiers now?
>
> Look at all the ethics behind her work friend.

It wasn’t pretty but it had to be done. Without her actions the human race would have become extinct.

The Insurrectionists would have brought the UNSC down and weakened humanity’s position even further. We would have lost the Covenant war faster and the rings would have eventually fired.

It was a Spartan that destroyed Halo-04.
It was a Spartan that helped boot the Covies out of New Mombasa the first time.
It was a Spartan who led the charge in the second battle for Earth and rallied the remaining UNSC forces.
It was a Spartan that led the charge to the Ark and broke the back of the remaining Covenant loyalists.
It was a Spartan that ended the Flood menace.
It was a Spartan who saved humanity AGAIN from an ancient threat in the form of the Didact.

Without Halsey we would have fallen long before. Ethically what she did would be considered wrong…under normal circumstances. The circumstances however were anything but normal.

A hero? No, but certainly not the baby eating demoness that certain writers would depict her.

And if I remember correctly the Spartan project was an ONI sanctioned project so she still isn’t the greatest evil here if you want to stick with the ethical and moral concerns.

The same ONI that wants to poison the Elites’ food supplies…

Not like you can blame her for the Spartan-IIs now considering the Librarian essentially made her do it.

I’d say the end justifies the means. “How do you like being alive? Yeah I kinda helped with that don’t thank me or anything.” She should be given unlimited funding and resources for what she did.

If this occurred with our laws today.

She is still guilty for the unethical program of kidnapping. So she would face jail for that. And augmenting them, etc.

Even if she makes up for it. As the interviewer goes, “You are bending history for your benefit.”

Which, we owe humanity’s survival to her. But, she is still guilty of the previous crimes. Thus, she’d probably still get life in prison.

First of hall Halsey didnt created the spartan program. She simply perfected it hence the (II) in spartan II, there would be master chief just in a different way and form not similar to the one you hold so dearly. She is not claimed a war criminal, but is convicted as a intergalactic war criminal that was sanction by ONI. It doesn matter what they did she ruins the lives of those 85 children and their families. If i were to come into your house and kidnap ur baby sis or brother ( if you have one) then replace it with a dead clone. Brainwash them and make them kill other human its still bad right ? so same logic. Although it was for the sake of good also it was only a flute that spartan was effective against the covenant,

Unfortunately she isn’t a war hero, she is seen as a criminal now due to her involvement with the kidnapping of children and biologically enhancing and augmenting them for combat, and most of the children would die due to declining the biological augmentation process and die as a result, it was a costly process in the way of money and of loss, Even in the prologue the interrogator did mention that she was trying to bend history to her own good when the real purpose was to eliminate the human rebels which posed a threat to the UNSC and not to stop the covenant.

Even after all this, I still like Halsey as a character, there is still so mystery behind her and is a great character in the series

> First of hall Halsey didnt created the spartan program. She simply perfected it hence the (II) in spartan II, there would be master chief just in a different way and form not similar to the one you hold so dearly. She is not claimed a war criminal, but is convicted as a intergalactic war criminal that was sanction by ONI. It doesn matter what they did she ruins the lives of those 85 children and their families. If i were to come into your house and kidnap ur baby sis or brother ( if you have one) then replace it with a dead clone. Brainwash them and make them kill other human its still bad right ? so same logic. Although it was for the sake of good also it was only a flute that spartan was effective against the covenant,

Also, Dr. Halsey, a civilian, kidnapped a Spartan (Kelly-087) from duty and hijacked a UNSC vessel. So even if she wasn’t deemed guilty for the Spartan program, she would be accounted for of other crimes (regardless of intent).

> > So the entire galaxy is ok with kidnapping and forcing children to become soldiers now?
> >
> > Look at all the ethics behind her work friend.
>
> It wasn’t pretty but it had to be done. Without her actions the human race would have become extinct.
>
>
> The Insurrectionists would have brought the UNSC down and weakened humanity’s position even further. We would have lost the Covenant war faster and the rings would have eventually fired.
>
> It was a Spartan that destroyed Halo-04.
> It was a Spartan that helped boot the Covies out of New Mombasa the first time.
> It was a Spartan who led the charge in the second battle for Earth and rallied the remaining UNSC forces.
> It was a Spartan that led the charge to the Ark and broke the back of the remaining Covenant loyalists.
> It was a Spartan that ended the Flood menace.
> It was a Spartan who saved humanity AGAIN from an ancient threat in the form of the Didact.
>
> Without Halsey we would have fallen long before. Ethically what she did would be considered wrong…under normal circumstances. The circumstances however were anything but normal.
>
> A hero? No, but certainly not the baby eating demoness that certain writers would depict her.
>
> And if I remember correctly the Spartan project was an ONI sanctioned project so she still isn’t the greatest evil here if you want to stick with the ethical and moral concerns.
>
> The same ONI that wants to poison the Elites’ food supplies…

Couldn’t have said it better myself, capitan.

Halsey didn’t know the Covenent were going to invade. She wasn’t doing it with the intention of saving humanity. Far from it.

> I’d say the end justifies the means. “How do you like being alive? Yeah I kinda helped with that don’t thank me or anything.” She should be given unlimited funding and resources for what she did.

That can also be said for the Diacts Plan to stop the flood. You see where that lead him right?

> First of hall Halsey didnt created the spartan program. She simply perfected it hence the (II)

No the Spartan 2 project was an original project, there never was a Spartan one project, simply project Orion(I think).Orion augmented standard soldiers but this killed or crippled them all. It was called the Spartan 2 program as a nod to those who had died in project Orion.

The mjolnir suit was similar, designed for normal humans but couldn’t work with them but re purposed for Spartans

It was Halsey’s idea to add them together and create the ultimate marine by indoctrinating children and augmenting them.

She made them before they even knew about the convenient.

Question: Why is this in the Halo 4 forum and not the Halo universe one?

But I am kinda amused with the imagery of Spartan IIs and IIIs being trained from childhood to be soldiers.

The imagery is amusing because the Spartans of ancient Greece were trained from childhood to be soldiers.