Dr Halsey and her Secret Spartans

Been doing some reading on Halo Wiki this afternoon as I was confused about how “apparently” Spartan II’s destroyed the Unyielding Hierophant which threatened Earth. I thought they had all been killed during Reach apart from Chief and Gray team? Anyway I got to this page:

Which talks about the Spartan II program and also how obscure all the details were about the current presence of the Spartans, who was alive and who wasn’t. I found to interesting quotes near the end, one by Bungie (yes I know they don’t have control anymore)

“Bungie, along with Eric S. Trautmann, have said that these discrepancies only seem to be errors and that everything will be made clear in time.”

And one about Dr Halseys Journal

“In her personal journal, Dr. Halsey there notes, “That lie about all the Spartans gathered here, save for Gray - will that come back to haunt me?” This strongly hints to the existence of SPARTAN-IIs not deployed to Reach. In addition, she notes that the candidates who were killed by the augmentations were cryonically frozen and may have later been resuscitated. She expresses her fear for what the Office of Naval Intelligence might do with their own “secret” SPARTANs, seemingly suggesting the origins of Team Black. She also notes that some of the SPARTANs who were crippled later had their injuries healed, enabling them to return to active duty, possibly fixing the “Reach” discrepancy.”

This leads me to think with the conclusion of Spartan Ops and (from my point of view) Dr Halseys distaste for the new generation of Spartans that this “secret array” could make some sort of return in a manner which John leading them (got this by her affection for his existence.

– Please enlighten me if my facts are wrong here, I only ever read the first two books, played all the games, watched FUD and Halo: Legends. In this vast universe I may have missed a detail. Otherwise contribute your thoughts!

• Epic Noodles

Not all Spartans died on Reach - read First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx and the Kilo-5 first book. Blue Team (Fred, Kelly, Linda) are currently alive as of Glasslands, along with a collection of Spartan III’s from Onyx.

In terms of the Halsey journal, I thought that the “Secret Spartans” were Spartan III’s, a project ONI conducted in secrecy without Halsey’s approval - which, apparently, changed with Halo Reach as Halsey met Noble Team.

hmmmm, sounds like that could be it I guess, simple details! I guess that still leads to the possibility though that something could happen with blue team in Halo 5, maybe…

However, just noticed it does say in one of my quotes
" “That lie about all the Spartans gathered here, save for Gray - will that come back to haunt me?” This strongly hints to the existence of SPARTAN-IIs not deployed to Reach."
Is that what you were talking about in Blue team still being alive as in they never went? If not then it leads to the possibility of there being other spartans as it does acknowledge the existence of the ONI spartans also being seceret but not hers?

• sorry if that sounds jumbled

Red Team from Halo Wars and Black Team from Halo: Blood Line never made it to Reach. There isn’t some secret army of Spartan-IIs laying around.

Not all Spartans died in reach

according to this read team made it back to reach:

“The Forerunner crystal, referred to by the Covenant as the Fragment of Divinity, the Shard of the Gods,[1] or the Holy Light,[2] was a Forerunner artifact that was discovered in the underground Menachite Forerunner complex on Reach by Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey and the surviving Spartan members of Red Team in 2552.”

> according to this read team made it back to reach:
>
> “The Forerunner crystal, referred to by the Covenant as the Fragment of Divinity, the Shard of the Gods,[1] or the Holy Light,[2] was a Forerunner artifact that was discovered in the underground Menachite Forerunner complex on Reach by Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey and the surviving Spartan members of Red Team in 2552.”
>
> http://www.halopedia.org/Forerunner_crystal

Red Team from Halo Wars did not, they were lost with the Spirit of Fire. That is a different Red Team.

Halsey knew about the spartan-IIIs, ONIs secret Spartans are the IVs…well not so secret anymore to Halsey. Still don’t think most of the main Spartan-IVs are legit Spartans.

> Halsey knew about the spartan-IIIs, ONIs secret Spartans are the IVs…well not so secret anymore to Halsey. Still don’t think most of the main Spartan-IVs are legit Spartans.

And the Spartan III’s and IV’s wouldn’t even be, if it wasn’t for all of Halsey’s hard work for the II’s. Which I don’t know why ONI kept the III’s a secret from her anyway, she was going to find out sooner or later. Plus Halsey had every right to know what they were doing with her work!

> > Halsey knew about the spartan-IIIs, ONIs secret Spartans are the IVs…well not so secret anymore to Halsey. Still don’t think most of the main Spartan-IVs are legit Spartans.
>
> And the Spartan III’s and IV’s wouldn’t even be, if it wasn’t for all of Halsey’s hard work for the II’s. Which I don’t know why ONI kept the III’s a secret from her anyway, she was going to find out sooner or later. Plus Halsey had every right to know what they were doing with her work!

Believe it or not, she is not the sole reason the Spartans exist. There was project Orion which came long before Doctor Halsey and she admits that her project was based on the information which came before. That’s why she called her Project Spartan-II because she wanted to honor those who came before by considering them honorary Spartan-Is.

In other words, ONI can do whatever they want with those Spartans because without ONI’s Project Orion, Halsey would have no Spartan-IIs.

I should of added her work as in the Mjolnir armor. Sorry about that.