Downloading latest matchmaking data (still)

I can no longer play MCC online, as whenever I try to search a message pops up that says “DOWNLOADING LATEST MATCHMAKING DATA.” Does anyone know a fix? I have already tried hard resetting my console, quitting the game, spamming the a button and I have also reinstalled the game. Still no luck.

At least you get “DOWNLOADING LATEST MATCHMAKING DATA” msg… mine is stuck at searching for more players… that’s it… since late last night (saturday). I can’t get into any games…

This has been an issue that I’ve had the last 3 days that I know of. Matchmaking is unplayable

The interesting, my issue started 3 days ago as well. However all my friends are able to search fine???

I´m having the same problem. I was having fun playing the campaign and that fun vanish when i tried to play multiplayer. Stuck on the “DOWNLOADING LATEST MATCHMAKING DATA.” screen.

343, you guys could be gentle enough and give us some information about this issue. Are you aware of it? Is a fix comming up SOON?

It´s not nice that we players spent our money in a game and the multiplayer of the said game does not work.

Sorry for my english, not my native language.

Thanks!

well in my case it looks like it’s a ban… my reputation has gone down to “avoid me”… so it’s nothing to do with the system just a good ol’ ban… never thought having skill would be detrimental…

This same problem is happening with me. My reputation is fine, so it’s definitely not a ban. I can’t figure it out. I’ve been perusing the forum looking for fixes and have tried every suggestion short of a total reinstall, which should not be necessary. What’s going on 343?

> 2533274861641336;6:
> well in my case it looks like it’s a ban… my reputation has gone down to “avoid me”… so it’s nothing to do with the system just a good ol’ ban… never thought having skill would be detrimental…

do you mean an Xbox reputation or MCC reputation. I am as lost as Caboose on the ranking and so forth on MCC

Same here and I just got the game. Any ideas? Tried hard reset and Clearing local data.

All I see is a 4 works of art held together by sticky tape

Basically all we can do is either wait until its fixed or make enough internet noise for 343 industries to notice that they -Yoinked!- up but can gain the respect of the fans by fixing the MCC

I assuming it had something to do with the latest update. This “downloading latest matchmaking data” issue has happened in the past but a simple hard reset solved it…Not this time. Reset modem, cleared cache ,etc. Everything short of an uninstall, which I will not do. I’ve heard others have tried and still are running into the same problem.

This seems like a 343/Xbox live sync issue, fairly new system and game that obviously does not have bugs worked out.I remember when the 360 first came out there were many bugs with the system and game.

What’s sad is the lack of customer support on both ends and lack of communication with a loyal fan base. At least acknowledge a know problem, this is non-existent. Everyday you can find a new thread with the same problems with no communication on a fix. Even a “we are looking into it” would be ok.

> 2533274975100691;8:
> > 2533274861641336;6:
> > well in my case it looks like it’s a ban… my reputation has gone down to “avoid me”… so it’s nothing to do with the system just a good ol’ ban… never thought having skill would be detrimental…
>
>
> do you mean an Xbox reputation or MCC reputation. I am as lost as Caboose on the ranking and so forth on MCC

It is xbox live reputation… it went down from good player to avoid me skipping all other steps/options I guess. I am talking to the enforcement department about it… trying to figure it out…

> 2533274861641336;13:
> > 2533274975100691;8:
> > > 2533274861641336;6:
> > > well in my case it looks like it’s a ban… my reputation has gone down to “avoid me”… so it’s nothing to do with the system just a good ol’ ban… never thought having skill would be detrimental…
> >
> >
> > do you mean an Xbox reputation or MCC reputation. I am as lost as Caboose on the ranking and so forth on MCC
>
>
> It is xbox live reputation… it went down from good player to avoid me skipping all other steps/options I guess. I am talking to the enforcement department about it… trying to figure it out…

Are you sure because mine still says I’m a “Good Player”

You guys are talking about completely different issues. This OP is the “downloading latest data” issue. That has nothing to do with reps, bans, etc.

> 2533274800393130;12:
> I assuming it had something to do with the latest update. This “downloading latest matchmaking data” issue has happened in the past but a simple hard reset solved it…Not this time. Reset modem, cleared cache ,etc. Everything short of an uninstall, which I will not do. I’ve heard others have tried and still are running into the same problem.
>
> This seems like a 343/Xbox live sync issue, fairly new system and game that obviously does not have bugs worked out.I remember when the 360 first came out there were many bugs with the system and game.
>
> What’s sad is the lack of customer support on both ends and lack of communication with a loyal fan base. At least acknowledge a know problem, this is non-existent. Everyday you can find a new thread with the same problems with no communication on a fix. Even a “we are looking into it” would be ok.

Could not be better said. 343 can be great, especially with the way Guardians is looking but they need to become more connected with the community especially on things like this.

Guys mine is fixed I would go try yours

> 2533275006070299;17:
> Guys mine is fixed I would go try yours

Still not good here

> 2533274800393130;18:
> > 2533275006070299;17:
> > Guys mine is fixed I would go try yours
>
>
> Still not good here

Hey everyone, my “DOWNLOADING LATEST DATA” message disappeared. When I started up the game, in said syncing data for mcc and it managed to do it! Just give if few weeks or so and hopefully this issue will sort itself out. Have faith everyone!

> 2533274970743648;19:
> > 2533274800393130;18:
> > > 2533275006070299;17:
> > > Guys mine is fixed I would go try yours
> >
> >
> > Still not good here
>
>
> Hey everyone, my “DOWNLOADING LATEST DATA” message disappeared. When I started up the game, in said syncing data for mcc and it managed to do it! Just give if few weeks or so and hopefully this issue will sort itself out. Have faith everyone!

I’m glad you are an optimist…I shouldn’t have to “have faith” or try 8 different fixes…the game should just freaking work. 343 has failed yet again 7 MONTHS AFTER RELEASE to give us a working product as advertised. What a joke.