Double's spawn T should be ≥ shield charge T

I have played countless of games on the Double Team playlist, and I seriously believe that the 5 second respawn time is far too short in comparison to the time it takes to recharge the shield, which is ~9 seconds by default.

What does this mean? It means that it’s possible to kill a guy and have him spawn and finish you off while your shields are still recharging.

And don’t say it rarely/never happens. It happens enough to be a joke. One time is too many if you think about it.

The respawn time should ALWAYS be longer than the shield recharge time. So I’m suggesting that we either up the respawn time, or make the shields recharge faster.

Thanks for listening

I say no.

I think this would slow gameplay to a crawl, and it would also kill any chance of you getting multikills in the playlist.

Getting a triple kill in Doubles is a sweet, sweet thing.

If you kill a guy, you should have the RIGHT to have your shields fully recharge, don’t you think?

So we’ve established that you don’t think increasing the respawn time is the solution. What about option B: increase the shield recharge rate? Technically that will speed the game up.

The shield recharge thing wouldn’t work. It takes about 5 or 6 seconds just for shields to begin to charge. The recharge modifier only increases the speed at which the shields actually charge. Blame Armor Lock.

> The shield recharge thing wouldn’t work. It takes about 5 or 6 seconds just for shields to begin to charge. The recharge modifier only increases the speed at which the shields actually charge. Blame Armor Lock.

Damn it turns out you’re right. Default settings is like 5-6 seconds to start recharging and then another 3-4 to fully recharge, resulting in a total of ~9 seconds to fully heal.

Increasing the recharge rate to 200% will make it around 7 seconds. Even though it’s still more than 5 seconds, it’s still much better than the current system.

So the way I see it:

Current Settings
9s to recharge shield (default)
5s to respawn (default)

Option A
9s to recharge shield (default)
10s to respawn

Option B
7s to recharge shield (200% shield recharge rate)
5s to respawn (default)

or perhaps even…

Option C
7s to recharge shield (200% shield recharge rate)
10s to respawn

The current settings are clearly the worst. Personally I see it as C>>B>A>>>>>>Current

I have never experienced this problem

> I have never experienced this problem

Maybe because you have less than 30 games of double team on your belt?

For team doubles it makes sense to have spawn synchronization on meaning that the first player has to wait a little bit longer unless the second player dies which at that point they both spawn.

Nope. This would unnecessarily slow the game down. Just learn to predict spawns. It isn’t difficult on most maps.

> Nope. This would unnecessarily slow the game down. Just learn to predict spawns. It isn’t difficult on most maps.

You play a lot of MLG. It has a 10 second respawn time. Would you consider that to be a slow game?

Okay, what about the other options: increasing the shield recharge rate to compensate for the fast respawn times. Do you think that’s a good idea? Technically doing that speeds the game up. Being shot by the guy you just killed while healing is complete and utter BS.

> > Nope. This would unnecessarily slow the game down. Just learn to predict spawns. It isn’t difficult on most maps.
>
> You play a lot of MLG. <mark>It has a 10 second respawn time</mark>. Would you consider that to be a slow game?
>
> Okay, what about the other options: increasing the shield recharge rate to compensate for the fast respawn times. Do you think that’s a good idea? Technically doing that speeds the game up. Being shot by the guy you just killed while healing is complete and utter BS.

No it doesnt… Its spawn time varies depending on how well you do I find… If you die three times in a row, you take longer to respawn…

I have never encountered this problem in team doubles. The only problem I encounter is my enemies ALWAYS spawn beside eachother and I NEVER spawn beside my teammate.

Its irking.

This game is already far, far too slow… >_<

> > > Nope. This would unnecessarily slow the game down. Just learn to predict spawns. It isn’t difficult on most maps.
> >
> > You play a lot of MLG. <mark>It has a 10 second respawn time</mark>. Would you consider that to be a slow game?
> >
> > Okay, what about the other options: increasing the shield recharge rate to compensate for the fast respawn times. Do you think that’s a good idea? Technically doing that speeds the game up. Being shot by the guy you just killed while healing is complete and utter BS.
>
> <mark>No it doesnt… Its spawn time varies depending on how well you do I find… If you die three times in a row, you take longer to respawn…</mark>
>
> I have never encountered this problem in team doubles. The only problem I encounter is my enemies ALWAYS spawn beside eachother and I NEVER spawn beside my teammate.
>
> Its irking.

Errrr, not at all, all MLG game modes have set respawn times, they don’t vary on how bad or good you are doing.

MLG TS has a 5 second respawn
MLG CTF 5 has a 10 second respawn
MLG Pit CTF has a 10 second respawn
MLG Sanctuary CTF has a 10 second respawn
MLG King of the Hill has a 10 second respawn

All Objectives in MLG have 10 second respawn timers while killing is 5 seconds.

It doesn’t vary at all.

Thanks for the correction there, Moa.

Okay, it seems like most people are against increasing the respawn time.

What about the other options as I stated earlier, like increasing the shield recharge rate? That will surely increase the pace of the game, would it not?

Do respawn times have to be multiples of five or something? Logically, making the shields recharge at 200% for a seven second recharge time and having a respawn time of seven seconds as well would make the most sense to me lol. Sorry if that’s not an option.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

LOL its ur fault that you keep showing up next to their spawns. It should be 3 seconds like everything else. Learn the spawns and stop being a noob

> Do respawn times have to be multiples of five or something? Logically, making the shields recharge at 200% for a seven second recharge time and having a respawn time of seven seconds as well would make the most sense to me lol. Sorry if that’s not an option.

Yeah I think they are multiples of 5 unfortunately :(.

Yeah, I agree that a 200% recharge rate is a must. It would make it ~7 seconds instead of the whopping 9 where it’s at right now.

Honestly I wouldn’t care too much if that’s paired with either a 5 second respawn time or a 10 s respawn time. A 5:7 ratio only gives the guy who spawned a mere two seconds to shoot the guy who’s recharging. This is much, much better than the 4 seconds where it’s at now.

200% will also lead to more engagements -> faster gameplay.

> LOL its ur fault that you keep showing up next to their spawns. It should be 3 seconds like everything else. Learn the spawns and stop being a noob

Haha I knew someone would bring in game skill to this argument. It’s funny though because you barely maintain a K/D over 1. So look at yourself before you point the finger.

> Yeah I think they are multiples of 5 unfortunately :(.
>
> Yeah, I agree that a 200% recharge rate is a must. It would make it ~7 seconds instead of the whopping 9 where it’s at right now.
>
> Honestly I wouldn’t care too much if that’s paired with either a 5 second respawn time or a 10 s respawn time. A 5:7 ratio only gives the guy who spawned a mere two seconds to shoot the guy who’s recharging. This is much, much better than the 4 seconds where it’s at now.
>
> 200% will also lead to more engagements -> faster gameplay.

No 200% will lead to slower kill times which = SLOWER gameplay.

There is no reason to have shield recharging be faster than spawning. Its never happened in any other halo, there is no reason to do it now.

If its happening enough for it to be a joke, the problem lies within level design and spawning.

A 10 second respawn would be a joke. I think the settings are just fine the way they are. I don’t think the problem is with the game I think its the way you’re playing. If you’re weak stay down don’t get greedy for kills.

> If its happening enough for it to be a joke, the problem lies within level design and spawning.

I think you have pinpointed the real problem that I had all along. Also, people need to realize that this RARELY happens to me. Just when it does, it really bothers me.

This usually happens on maps like Asylum and Enclosed (where you can spawn at the other guy’s base and clean them up while their back is facing you).

Zealot and Countdown are also bad in a sense where you can spawn and have a good chance of throwing 1 grenade and getting the clean up on the guy who just killed you.

So the problem (or at least, biggest problem) is map design and the spawn system. Maps that have a predictable, static spawning system like Synapse don’t suffer from this issue because the spawns always make sense.

So yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I definitely put the blame in the wrong place. Not much more needs to be said, really.

On the shield recharging topic though… personally I think a 200% recharge rate will increase the pace of the game (less hiding and recharging, more action [think about]).