Doubles matchmaking rank question

How come in doubles the difference in ranks is so big? I solo searched a doubles game at Onyx rank and my teammate was a platinum yet i was searching in balanced :confused: .
I don’t blame the guy i blame the game for matching us up like that. It was us against two high Diamonds.
He tried but he was getting outguned in every battle but i dont understand how the game would match us two?

Maybe low population.

> 2727626560040591;2:
> Maybe low population.

It makes sense cus ive matched against golds before.

I thought it was because it was a newer playlist and some people haven’t played as much so they don’t have a high CSR but have high CSR in other playlists.

> 2727626560040591;2:
> Maybe low population.

I’d pretty much say this. Doubles and free for all are bad when it comes to matching people by ranks. Could blame the setup, or the pop itself, either can be justified really. Personally I see it more as a pop issue but the ranking has had issues even in the more populated playlists.

i only say it’s more of a pop thing cause traditionally FFA and doubles were the least populated games even during their hey days. They benefited more in h3 cause of the pop being so big