"Double Reload" Trick

It’s technically not a “double” reload, but it does make it easy to ensure that you always switch to a fully loaded weapon. If you’ve played the original CE, you already remember this, but here’s a quick tip for someone who’s playing this for the first time…

If you hit your reload button twice, and then switch to a different weapon, the one you just put away will continue to reload in the background.

For example, if you fire a clip of AR at a group of enemies, you can double tap reload, quickly pull out your pistol, clean up the rest, and when you switch back to your AR, it will be fully reloaded.

This works with any weapon as far as I know. I used this on Halo PC all the time, and it seemed like a lot of people didn’t know about it. It basically eliminates the time it takes to reload.

Hope it helps. Combine this with the Bandanna skull, and you’ll be unstoppable. It’s basically second nature to me when I play CE.

EDIT: Trick doesn’t work with the Shotgun because of the way it reloads.

Thanks, lol I didn’t even realized this when I was playing Ce on Mac :stuck_out_tongue:

Bumping it up due to massive overflow of people complaining about their own misconceptions.

> It’s technically not a “double” reload, but it does make it easy to ensure that you always switch to a fully loaded weapon. If you’ve played the original CE, you already remember this, but here’s a quick tip for someone who’s playing this for the first time…
>
> If you hit your reload button twice, and then switch to a different weapon, the one you just put away will continue to reload in the background.
>
> For example, if you fire a clip of AR at a group of enemies, you can double tap reload, quickly pull out your pistol, clean up the rest, and when you switch back to your AR, it will be fully reloaded.
>
> This works with any weapon as far as I know. I used this on Halo PC all the time, and it seemed like a lot of people didn’t know about it. It basically eliminates the time it takes to reload.
>
> Hope it helps. Combine this with the Bandanna skull, and you’ll be unstoppable. It’s basically second nature to me when I play CE.
>
> EDIT: Trick doesn’t work with the Shotgun because of the way it reloads.

“backpack reload” as it was dubbed - XXY, another button glitch is double beatdown: beatdown grenade beatdown (BGB) lets you do a quick double melle attack, although these glitches only work in campaign due to the fact that its using the old halo engine.

I can’t believe I actually didn’t know about that until today.

> > It’s technically not a “double” reload, but it does make it easy to ensure that you always switch to a fully loaded weapon. If you’ve played the original CE, you already remember this, but here’s a quick tip for someone who’s playing this for the first time…
> >
> > If you hit your reload button twice, and then switch to a different weapon, the one you just put away will continue to reload in the background.
> >
> > For example, if you fire a clip of AR at a group of enemies, you can double tap reload, quickly pull out your pistol, clean up the rest, and when you switch back to your AR, it will be fully reloaded.
> >
> > This works with any weapon as far as I know. I used this on Halo PC all the time, and it seemed like a lot of people didn’t know about it. It basically eliminates the time it takes to reload.
> >
> > Hope it helps. Combine this with the Bandanna skull, and you’ll be unstoppable. It’s basically second nature to me when I play CE.
> >
> > EDIT: Trick doesn’t work with the Shotgun because of the way it reloads.
>
> “backpack reload” as it was dubbed - XXY, another button glitch is double beatdown: beatdown grenade beatdown (BGB) lets you do a quick double melle attack, although these glitches only work in campaign due to the fact that its using the old halo engine.

Yeah, I remember that one too. I never use that one though. The reload trick is something that you can always be using.

I never knew about the double tap. I would just let the gun reload for 1-3 seconds then switch weapons or melee. You have my Thanks!

BUMP