Double Jump

I’m curious: what’s everyone’s opinion on adding a double jump, with significant mid-air control?

Personally, I think it’s the natural progression of Halo movement, and would complement the gun-always-up gameplay well.

You mean like Super Mario? I might be willing to accept it if there is a -boink- sound effect, and if I jump on another Spartan’s head they get squished. Obviously we would need the grunt confetti when this happens.

If they were going to implement this, it certainly would have been when we had the thrusters in Halo 5. If those lateral dashes and Spartan Slams don’t make it into future installments, I can’t see double jump making a debut.

> 2533274866989456;2:
> I might be willing to accept it if there is a -boink- sound effect, and if I jump on another Spartan’s head they get squished. Obviously we would need the grunt confetti when this happens.

Of course! That goes without saying.

I’m finding it hard to imagine how that’s even work haha. Definitely an interesting idea but I’m not tooo sure I’d really want to see it in Infinite

Interestingly, there’s some pre-release Halo 5 footage that showcases the thruster pack being used at a vertical angle—similar to how a double jump would work! I feel like the Grappleshot nullifies the need for a mechanic like that, but it does seem like it’d compliment Halo’s current style.

Maybe this could be an equipment along with thrusters. I’m hesitant of it being a permanent feature for constant use.