Double jump in halo? :D

It would be cool and maybe create a more dynamic play in maps as it creates more possibilities and freedom when traveling around the map :slight_smile:

> It would be cool and maybe create a more dynamic play in maps as it creates more possibilities and freedom when traveling around the map:)

Grenade jumps, spring jumps, crates and barrels that you can push around then jump on. We already have all of these.

> > It would be cool and maybe create a more dynamic play in maps as it creates more possibilities and freedom when traveling around the map:)
>
> Grenade jumps, spring jumps, crates and barrels that you can push around then jump on. We already have all of these.

Doesn’t that show a double jump system would be nice rather than using explosives as it would mean you don’t need to depend on anything to jump higher distances :slight_smile:

And how do you propose to balance that with maps and such? Implementing that will drastically change how maps are built. We’re already seeing difficulties with maps and sprint, I can only imagine how dreadful it’ll be with double jumps.

Spartans =/= Mario.

> > > It would be cool and maybe create a more dynamic play in maps as it creates more possibilities and freedom when traveling around the map:)
> >
> > Grenade jumps, spring jumps, crates and barrels that you can push around then jump on. We already have all of these.
>
> Doesn’t that show a double jump system would be nice rather than using explosives as it would mean you don’t need to depend on anything to jump higher distances :slight_smile:

You’d be taking away the skill, timing, and effort of doing all of those things if you could just mash the jump button twice. You can already jump 7+ feet in the air, and all the maps are designed in a way that if the designers want you to get somewhere then you’ll be able to.

This adds nothing.

> > > > It would be cool and maybe create a more dynamic play in maps as it creates more possibilities and freedom when traveling around the map:)
> > >
> > > Grenade jumps, spring jumps, crates and barrels that you can push around then jump on. We already have all of these.
> >
> > Doesn’t that show a double jump system would be nice rather than using explosives as it would mean you don’t need to depend on anything to jump higher distances :slight_smile:
>
> You’d be taking away the skill, timing, and effort of doing all of those things if you could just mash the jump button twice. You can already jump 7+ feet in the air, and all the maps are designed in a way that if the designers want you to get somewhere then you’ll be able to.
>
> This adds nothing.

What skill is there in jumping over a grenade to get to higher distance?

Having a double jump can make you a harder target therefore increase the skill gap as more skillful people will me more agile and have a better aim in combat, plus also they can design the maps around it and designers want to make maps interesting and more dynamic, dice and even the cod developers are trying to come up with ways of doing that

We already have jetpacks. I think that’s bad enough.

> > > > > It would be cool and maybe create a more dynamic play in maps as it creates more possibilities and freedom when traveling around the map:)
> > > >
> > > > Grenade jumps, spring jumps, crates and barrels that you can push around then jump on. We already have all of these.
> > >
> > > Doesn’t that show a double jump system would be nice rather than using explosives as it would mean you don’t need to depend on anything to jump higher distances :slight_smile:
> >
> > You’d be taking away the skill, timing, and effort of doing all of those things if you could just mash the jump button twice. You can already jump 7+ feet in the air, and all the maps are designed in a way that if the designers want you to get somewhere then you’ll be able to.
> >
> > This adds nothing.
>
> <mark>What skill is there in jumping over a grenade to get to higher distance</mark>?
>
> Having a double jump can make you a harder target therefore increase the skill gap as more skillful people will me more agile and have a better aim in combat, plus also they can design the maps around it and designers want to make maps interesting and more dynamic, dice and even the cod developers are trying to come up with ways of doing that

Timing, avoiding suicide, and knowledge of grenade placement, to name a few. Double jumping is a cheap cop-out for those who don’t have the ability to pull off grenade/rocket jumps.

> And how do you propose to balance that with maps and such? Implementing that will drastically change how maps are built. We’re already seeing difficulties with maps and sprint, I can only imagine how dreadful it’ll be with double jumps.
>
> Spartans =/= Mario.

I’m not a map designer but having a double jump can allow them more freedom and creativity as players can roam around better. Titanfall is a good example as you can go pretty much go anywhere around the Map so people can really use a lot places as vantage points so that makes people less predictable rather than just typical obvious vantage points that people can take advantage of e.g camping at the point waiting for someone come to the spot and get an easy kill.

> We already have jetpacks. I think that’s bad enough.

I actually really like the jetpack–it actually takes skill to use without getting sniped in mid-air. Besides, the Halo 4 jetpack dies in 5 seconds.

No double jumps.

I wouldn’t mind some sort of one time use wall-jump though.

> > We already have jetpacks. I think that’s bad enough.
>
> I actually really like the jetpack–it actually takes skill to use without getting sniped in mid-air. Besides, the Halo 4 jetpack dies in 5 seconds.

I threw up in my mouth.

Jetpack and camo are 2 of the biggest reasons I can’t stand anything in this game except SWAT. Jetpacks completely destroy the concept of map control and make power weapons like rockets ultra OP.

> > > > > > It would be cool and maybe create a more dynamic play in maps as it creates more possibilities and freedom when traveling around the map:)
> > > > >
> > > > > Grenade jumps, spring jumps, crates and barrels that you can push around then jump on. We already have all of these.
> > > >
> > > > Doesn’t that show a double jump system would be nice rather than using explosives as it would mean you don’t need to depend on anything to jump higher distances :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > You’d be taking away the skill, timing, and effort of doing all of those things if you could just mash the jump button twice. You can already jump 7+ feet in the air, and all the maps are designed in a way that if the designers want you to get somewhere then you’ll be able to.
> > >
> > > This adds nothing.
> >
> > <mark>What skill is there in jumping over a grenade to get to higher distance</mark>?
> >
> > Having a double jump can make you a harder target therefore increase the skill gap as more skillful people will me more agile and have a better aim in combat, plus also they can design the maps around it and designers want to make maps interesting and more dynamic, dice and even the cod developers are trying to come up with ways of doing that
>
> Timing, avoiding suicide, and knowledge of grenade placement, to name a few. Double jumping is a cheap cop-out for those who don’t have the ability to pull off grenade/rocket jumps.

I can’t use a grenade jump in combat to gain an advantage over my opponent. Having a double jump mechanic can influence how players think and act. Plus also people don’t use grenade jumps much as it is a waste of ammo that could be useful later in a firefight.

> > > We already have jetpacks. I think that’s bad enough.
> >
> > I actually really like the jetpack–it actually takes skill to use without getting sniped in mid-air. Besides, the Halo 4 jetpack dies in 5 seconds.
>
> I threw up in my mouth.
>
> Jetpack and camo are 2 of the biggest reasons I can’t stand anything in this game except SWAT. Jetpacks completely destroy the concept of map control and make power weapons like rockets ultra OP.

I can’t use the jet pack because of bumper jumper controls :frowning:

Having a double jump gets rid of the need of a jetpsck as people get up in the air quicker and fall back down quicker :slight_smile:

> > > > > > > It would be cool and maybe create a more dynamic play in maps as it creates more possibilities and freedom when traveling around the map:)
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Grenade jumps, spring jumps, crates and barrels that you can push around then jump on. We already have all of these.
> > > > >
> > > > > Doesn’t that show a double jump system would be nice rather than using explosives as it would mean you don’t need to depend on anything to jump higher distances :slight_smile:
> > > >
> > > > You’d be taking away the skill, timing, and effort of doing all of those things if you could just mash the jump button twice. You can already jump 7+ feet in the air, and all the maps are designed in a way that if the designers want you to get somewhere then you’ll be able to.
> > > >
> > > > This adds nothing.
> > >
> > > <mark>What skill is there in jumping over a grenade to get to higher distance</mark>?
> > >
> > > Having a double jump can make you a harder target therefore increase the skill gap as more skillful people will me more agile and have a better aim in combat, plus also they can design the maps around it and designers want to make maps interesting and more dynamic, dice and even the cod developers are trying to come up with ways of doing that
> >
> > Timing, avoiding suicide, and knowledge of grenade placement, to name a few. Double jumping is a cheap cop-out for those who don’t have the ability to pull off grenade/rocket jumps.
>
> <mark>I can’t use a grenade jump in combat to gain an advantage over my opponent.</mark> Having a double jump mechanic can influence how players think and act. <mark>Plus also people don’t use grenade jumps much as it is a waste of ammo that could be useful later in a firefight.</mark>

1. Oh yes you can. :wink:

2. That’s the price you pay for a height advantage.

> > > > We already have jetpacks. I think that’s bad enough.
> > >
> > > I actually really like the jetpack–it actually takes skill to use without getting sniped in mid-air. Besides, the Halo 4 jetpack dies in 5 seconds.
> >
> > I threw up in my mouth.
> >
> > Jetpack and camo are 2 of the biggest reasons I can’t stand anything in this game except SWAT. Jetpacks completely destroy the concept of map control and make power weapons like rockets ultra OP.
>
> I can’t use the jet pack because of bumper jumper controls :frowning:
>
> Having a double jump gets rid of the need of a jetpsck as people get up in the air quicker and fall back down quicker :slight_smile:

It also requires yet again a complete overhaul in how maps are designed like the addition of sprint did. Not only do we need bigger maps but now we need maps with all the jumps twice as high.

This will change the gameplay far more drastically than people seem to understand.

> > > > > > > > It would be cool and maybe create a more dynamic play in maps as it creates more possibilities and freedom when traveling around the map:)
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Grenade jumps, spring jumps, crates and barrels that you can push around then jump on. We already have all of these.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Doesn’t that show a double jump system would be nice rather than using explosives as it would mean you don’t need to depend on anything to jump higher distances :slight_smile:
> > > > >
> > > > > You’d be taking away the skill, timing, and effort of doing all of those things if you could just mash the jump button twice. You can already jump 7+ feet in the air, and all the maps are designed in a way that if the designers want you to get somewhere then you’ll be able to.
> > > > >
> > > > > This adds nothing.
> > > >
> > > > <mark>What skill is there in jumping over a grenade to get to higher distance</mark>?
> > > >
> > > > Having a double jump can make you a harder target therefore increase the skill gap as more skillful people will me more agile and have a better aim in combat, plus also they can design the maps around it and designers want to make maps interesting and more dynamic, dice and even the cod developers are trying to come up with ways of doing that
> > >
> > > Timing, avoiding suicide, and knowledge of grenade placement, to name a few. Double jumping is a cheap cop-out for those who don’t have the ability to pull off grenade/rocket jumps.
> >
> > <mark>I can’t use a grenade jump in combat to gain an advantage over my opponent.</mark> Having a double jump mechanic can influence how players think and act. <mark>Plus also people don’t use grenade jumps much as it is a waste of ammo that could be useful later in a firefight.</mark>
>
> 1) Oh yes you can. :wink:
>
> 2) That’s the price you pay for a height advantage.

You know we used to have 4 frags for players to more easily do tricks with them like nade jumps. But of course, everyone had to complain that people actually used grenades against players.

> > > > > > > > > It would be cool and maybe create a more dynamic play in maps as it creates more possibilities and freedom when traveling around the map:)
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Grenade jumps, spring jumps, crates and barrels that you can push around then jump on. We already have all of these.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Doesn’t that show a double jump system would be nice rather than using explosives as it would mean you don’t need to depend on anything to jump higher distances :slight_smile:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You’d be taking away the skill, timing, and effort of doing all of those things if you could just mash the jump button twice. You can already jump 7+ feet in the air, and all the maps are designed in a way that if the designers want you to get somewhere then you’ll be able to.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > This adds nothing.
> > > > >
> > > > > <mark>What skill is there in jumping over a grenade to get to higher distance</mark>?
> > > > >
> > > > > Having a double jump can make you a harder target therefore increase the skill gap as more skillful people will me more agile and have a better aim in combat, plus also they can design the maps around it and designers want to make maps interesting and more dynamic, dice and even the cod developers are trying to come up with ways of doing that
> > > >
> > > > Timing, avoiding suicide, and knowledge of grenade placement, to name a few. Double jumping is a cheap cop-out for those who don’t have the ability to pull off grenade/rocket jumps.
> > >
> > > <mark>I can’t use a grenade jump in combat to gain an advantage over my opponent.</mark> Having a double jump mechanic can influence how players think and act. <mark>Plus also people don’t use grenade jumps much as it is a waste of ammo that could be useful later in a firefight.</mark>
> >
> > 1) Oh yes you can. :wink:
> >
> > 2) That’s the price you pay for a height advantage.
>
> You know we used to have 4 frags for players to more easily do tricks with them like nade jumps. But of course, everyone had to complain that people actually used grenades against players.

Yeah I know about having 4 grenades but the frag grenades are the only useful grenades for the job, plus also grenade spamming can be annoying. Having a bigger variety of grenades is better than just having more grenades anyway :slight_smile:

> > > > > > > > > > It would be cool and maybe create a more dynamic play in maps as it creates more possibilities and freedom when traveling around the map:)
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Grenade jumps, spring jumps, crates and barrels that you can push around then jump on. We already have all of these.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Doesn’t that show a double jump system would be nice rather than using explosives as it would mean you don’t need to depend on anything to jump higher distances :slight_smile:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > You’d be taking away the skill, timing, and effort of doing all of those things if you could just mash the jump button twice. You can already jump 7+ feet in the air, and all the maps are designed in a way that if the designers want you to get somewhere then you’ll be able to.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > This adds nothing.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > <mark>What skill is there in jumping over a grenade to get to higher distance</mark>?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Having a double jump can make you a harder target therefore increase the skill gap as more skillful people will me more agile and have a better aim in combat, plus also they can design the maps around it and designers want to make maps interesting and more dynamic, dice and even the cod developers are trying to come up with ways of doing that
> > > > >
> > > > > Timing, avoiding suicide, and knowledge of grenade placement, to name a few. Double jumping is a cheap cop-out for those who don’t have the ability to pull off grenade/rocket jumps.
> > > >
> > > > <mark>I can’t use a grenade jump in combat to gain an advantage over my opponent.</mark> Having a double jump mechanic can influence how players think and act. <mark>Plus also people don’t use grenade jumps much as it is a waste of ammo that could be useful later in a firefight.</mark>
> > >
> > > 1) Oh yes you can. :wink:
> > >
> > > 2) That’s the price you pay for a height advantage.
> >
> > You know we used to have 4 frags for players to more easily do tricks with them like nade jumps. But of course, everyone had to complain that people actually used grenades against players.
>
> Yeah I know about having 4 grenades but the frag grenades are the only useful grenades for the job, plus also grenade spamming can be annoying. Having a bigger variety of grenades is better than just having more grenades anyway :slight_smile:

That depends on our variety of grenades doesn’t it. If we have three reskinned frags, would you rather have 4 plasmas vs 4 frags, or 2 of all three frags?

You should have picked the former…

> > > > > > > > > > It would be cool and maybe create a more dynamic play in maps as it creates more possibilities and freedom when traveling around the map:)
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Grenade jumps, spring jumps, crates and barrels that you can push around then jump on. We already have all of these.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Doesn’t that show a double jump system would be nice rather than using explosives as it would mean you don’t need to depend on anything to jump higher distances :slight_smile:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > You’d be taking away the skill, timing, and effort of doing all of those things if you could just mash the jump button twice. You can already jump 7+ feet in the air, and all the maps are designed in a way that if the designers want you to get somewhere then you’ll be able to.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > This adds nothing.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > <mark>What skill is there in jumping over a grenade to get to higher distance</mark>?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Having a double jump can make you a harder target therefore increase the skill gap as more skillful people will me more agile and have a better aim in combat, plus also they can design the maps around it and designers want to make maps interesting and more dynamic, dice and even the cod developers are trying to come up with ways of doing that
> > > > >
> > > > > Timing, avoiding suicide, and knowledge of grenade placement, to name a few. Double jumping is a cheap cop-out for those who don’t have the ability to pull off grenade/rocket jumps.
> > > >
> > > > <mark>I can’t use a grenade jump in combat to gain an advantage over my opponent.</mark> Having a double jump mechanic can influence how players think and act. <mark>Plus also people don’t use grenade jumps much as it is a waste of ammo that could be useful later in a firefight.</mark>
> > >
> > > 1) Oh yes you can. :wink:
> > >
> > > 2) That’s the price you pay for a height advantage.
> >
> > You know we used to have 4 frags for players to more easily do tricks with them like nade jumps. But of course, everyone had to complain that people actually used grenades against players.
>
> Yeah I know about having 4 grenades but the frag grenades are the only useful grenades for the job, plus also grenade spamming can be annoying. Having a bigger variety of grenades is better than just having more grenades anyway :slight_smile:

Having a greater variety would be more meaningful if we actually had more than frags and stickies being used. Pulse grenades are really just a poor substitute for firebombs and they’re not even common on maps.

As for grenade spamming, it doesn’t matter how many grenades get thrown. What matters is that you should be smart enough not to run into the area getting fragged or get yourself in a location that can be so easily compromised by frags.