Dossier: Jul 'Mdama

> Previous Dossiers:
> The Storm Covenant
> The Didact
> Prometheans
> Requiem

Continuing this series of fanmade dossiers explaining the ins and outs of Halo 4, today we look at Jul 'Mdama.

GLASSLANDS AND THURSDAY WAR SPOILERS BELOW!

Dossier: RE: Jul 'Mdama

Overview

After the collapse of the Covenant, the Sangheili have tried to establish their own leadership to replace the void left after the betrayal of the Prophets. The Arbiter, Thel 'Vadam, the Arbiter, has wielded the most influence on Sangheili society. Another contender is Avu Med 'Telcam, head monk of the Servants of Abiding Truth religious cult. His Servants have committed acts of religious terror towards those who reject the Forerunners and their relics as holy and led a short-led civil war against the Arbiter. However, one Elite may end up wielding the most influence with the Sangheili in the post-war world, his name is Jul 'Mdama.

Human-Covenant War

During the Human-Covenant War, Jul 'Mdama was a Shipmaster. It is unknown what the name of his vessel was as it was lost during the war or broke down beyond repair after the war.

Post War Life on Sanghelios

After the war, Jul 'Mdama was the Elder of Bekan Keep in the rural state of 'Mdama. He lived with his wife Raia and their children, though neither they nor he was allowed to truly know the other. Jul spent his day worried about what he saw as inevitable human retribution creeping on the horizon and that the Arbiter was in the hands of the human enemy. 'Mdama accused the Arbiter as such during a meeting of Kaidon’s, or leaders, held by the Arbiter. With the ideological difference between the two, Jul 'Mdama planned to assassinate the Arbiter. However, he had no army or resources to do so. The Servants of Abiding Truth provided all of those things 'Mdama needed.

Jul sought out Avu Med 'Telcam in an attempt to use his growing army of religious zealots for use against humanity once the Arbiter was overthrown. However, Jul was surprised by 'Telcam’s ability to procure so many weapons and tracked the monk to a desolte world where he was shcoked to find the supplier: the human Office of Naval Intelligence. ONI planned to destabilize the Sangheili through a long civil war that would weaken their manpower and destroy what little ships they had left. Jul would’ve leaked this information had he not been captured by the ONI black ops team Kilo-Five and held prisoner. After his arrest, Jul was taken to ONI Research Station Trevelyan, formerly Onyx.

Imprisonment on Trevelyan

While a prisoner of ONI on Trevelyan, Jul was interrogated by Dr. Irena Magnusson. Magnusson also used Jul as a Sangheili guinea pig for a test of poisonous grain native to Sanghelios resulting in him becoming gravely ill. He recovered and was allowed to take walks around Trevelyan while wearing an explosive vest. He was accompanied by a Huragok who survived from the Forerunner Empire’s era named Prone to Drift and was shown Forerunner artifacts. Jul would eventually find a hidden maintenance portal that led to a passageway lined with more portals that would’ve been used by the Forerunners to enter their Shield Worlds from all over the galaxy.

Over time, Jul would find glyphs corresponding to a Forerunner named the Didact, a being according to Prone to Drift who hated humanity. The Didact was hidden away on a world called Requiem, a fact that inspired him to continue his efforts to escape.

Escape

One day, Jul used the explosive vest as a way to force Prone to Drift to remove his vest or face the destruction of Forerunner technology. Jul leapt through a still functioning portal and found himself on a Sangheili colony world called Husduros. On Husduros, the Sangheili there were unaware of the Human-Covenant War’s end. He would reveal its end, but continued to talk about the threat of humanity and the Didact on Requiem. Sadly, when Jul was able to get into contact with his keep, he learned that the Arbiter was still in power and that his wife had died when the UNSC had intervened on the civil war led by 'Telcam.

His rage now justified and personal in his eyes, Jul rallied the colonists and embarked towards Requiem to awake the Didact and claim his vengeance on humanity.

Conclusion

Jul 'Mdama brings a personal fight and motivation to the table as he and his Storm Covenant wage war against humanity on Requiem. The Master Chief has a true nemesis on his hands.

//End Transmission

Cool, I have to read the Thursday War, and catch up.

> Cool, I have to read the Thursday War, and catch up.

Yeah, it isn’t perfect IMO, but it is engaging and has a lot of info regarding Halo 4.

> > Cool, I have to read the Thursday War, and catch up.
>
> Yeah, it isn’t perfect IMO, but it is engaging and has a lot of info regarding Halo 4.

I am about 50 more pages till the end of Glasslands, it lags till the last third, now I am enjoying it again. It sounds like the Thursday War will have a lot on the Elite side of things, so that will keep me engaged.

Magnusson sure got what was coming to her. I fully expected Parangosky to shoot her right there.

Truely a traitor to his own people. I can see in the future once Thel finds out about this, the council on Sangheilios will automatically call for his execution on his family and look for 'Mdama with the Seperetists involved to hunt him down and kill him and his entire faction. 'Mdama is going to have a bounty on his head. Sangheilios will find out and call for him to be found and beheaded on the spot for betraying his own people. It is indeed the law because he’s tarnishing his bloodline and family which is bad news. Thel will not be nice when he finds out about this.

> Jul 'Mdama brings a personal fight and motivation to the table as he and his Storm Covenant wage war against humanity on Requiem.

Makes it a lot more interesting than Truth, who was just a power hungry -Yoink- seeking his own preservation.

> The Master Chief has a true nemesis on his hands.

I just love the sound of that!

I was under the impression that it’d be Didact, but I wouldn’t mind Jul being his first nemesis. A Zealot! A fitting enemy for Chief, ever since the CE days. They’ve deteriorated in significance ever since Halo 2 but Halo 4 just might bring back respect for them.

> > Cool, I have to read the Thursday War, and catch up.
>
> Yeah, it isn’t perfect IMO, but it is engaging and has a lot of info regarding Halo 4.

Would you say Thursday War is an improvement over Glasslands Cobra? Seems to me there are more than just a few elements that will tie into Halo 4 from what I’ve read from excerpts and wikis.

Thanks for the intel Deception!
Knew the rough outlines of it all, but this filled me in on the details. So thanks, as I really don’t have time to finish Glasslands and Thursday War before H4 drops.

One thing that does bug me however: how the hell could that Elite colony not know of the end of the war? It seems like such a gaping plothole, something that would really fit Traviss’ way of dealing with Halo’s story.

> Thanks for the intel Deception!
> Knew the rough outlines of it all, but this filled me in on the details. So thanks, as I really don’t have time to finish Glasslands and Thursday War before H4 drops.
>
> One thing that does bug me however: how the hell could that Elite colony not know of the end of the war? It seems like such a gaping plothole, something that would really fit Traviss’ way of dealing with Halo’s story.

Unlike human colonies, Elite colonies don’t have any real contact with Sanghelios, ie the old world. So like the Japanese on their fortified islands, they didn’t know the war was over for a while.