DOOM has 'forgeable' ai

in snapmap. So the excuse 343 had that its not possible is proven false again (cough farcry cough project spark etc)
who else feels this shuld be added

Halo and Doom run on completely different engines. What may be possible in one engine may not be possible in another. I understand why AI in Forge was not possible in past Halo games.

That being said, Halo 5 runs on a completely new engine, different from the ones of past Halo games. Whether or not Forge AI may be possible in this iteration of the engine, nobody can say.

> 2533274808386392;2:
> Halo and Doom run on completely different engines. What may be possible in one engine may not be possible in another. I understand why AI in Forge was not possible in past Halo games.
>
> That being said, Halo 5 runs on a completely new engine, different from the ones of past Halo games. Whether or not Forge AI may be possible in this iteration of the engine, nobody can say.

If modders can do it, so can actual devs. example

> 2533274808132968;3:
> > 2533274808386392;2:
> > Halo and Doom run on completely different engines. What may be possible in one engine may not be possible in another. I understand why AI in Forge was not possible in past Halo games.
> >
> > That being said, Halo 5 runs on a completely new engine, different from the ones of past Halo games. Whether or not Forge AI may be possible in this iteration of the engine, nobody can say.
>
>
> If modders can do it, so can actual devs. example

OH SNAP.

Wrong forum broseph.

I’m sure its possible in Halo too, it was probably not a priority on 343’s list since it would take some time to figure out how to let people script AI.

“It’s not possible”
“It’s coming soon”

translated actually says “We don’t want to, it probably wont make us more money”

> 2533274816299345;5:
> Wrong forum broseph.

My fellow Spartan has a point!

> 2547348539238747;7:
> “It’s not possible”
> “It’s coming soon”
>
> translated actually says “We don’t want to, it probably wont make us more money”

that’s how a business works. 343 is a business after all

> 2533274808386392;2:
> Halo and Doom run on completely different engines. What may be possible in one engine may not be possible in another. I understand why AI in Forge was not possible in past Halo games.
>
> That being said, Halo 5 runs on a completely new engine, different from the ones of past Halo games. Whether or not Forge AI may be possible in this iteration of the engine, nobody can say.

That’s not true, it’s just a heavily modified Halo 4/Reach engine.

Different engines

Doom’s AI are also pathed to each tile piece available in snap map making it so the AI is capable of navigating each individual tile without issue, in H5 forge each block and object can be manipulated in various ways to where an AI wouldn’t be able to navigate them unless the AI pathing is done after the map has been constructed, if implemented properly the AI could navigate most maps without issue. That being said without proper pathing in a map if any AI players or enemies were added to the map all they would do is stand in place shooting at the player, similar to a turret, possibly even emptying their weapons into walls in the general direction of the player.

The best way to add in a AI path in to forge would be to add in a trait/respawn zone esqe item that once placed over the playable area it would map the AI path for the map. It would take some time to actually path the map based off of how advanced the map is but once path in was completed it wouldn’t need to be repeated unless changes were made to the map.

> 2533274808132968;3:
> > 2533274808386392;2:
> > Halo and Doom run on completely different engines. What may be possible in one engine may not be possible in another. I understand why AI in Forge was not possible in past Halo games.
> >
> > That being said, Halo 5 runs on a completely new engine, different from the ones of past Halo games. Whether or not Forge AI may be possible in this iteration of the engine, nobody can say.
>
>

show me a video of halo 5 ai forge, and maybe I might believe you.

> 2533274973685362;13:
> > 2533274808132968;3:
> > > 2533274808386392;2:
> > > Halo and Doom run on completely different engines. What may be possible in one engine may not be possible in another. I understand why AI in Forge was not possible in past Halo games.
> > >
> > > That being said, Halo 5 runs on a completely new engine, different from the ones of past Halo games. Whether or not Forge AI may be possible in this iteration of the engine, nobody can say.
> >
> >
> > If modders can do it, so can actual devs. example
>
>
> show me a video of halo 5 ai forge, and maybe I might believe you.

Well, he said it wasnt possible in past halo games. So I gave an example of a past halo. Of course modders wont be able to do it for halo 5 because the xbox one cant be modded… yet. Think man.

> 2533274808132968;14:
> > 2533274973685362;13:
> > > 2533274808132968;3:
> > > > 2533274808386392;2:
> > > > Halo and Doom run on completely different engines. What may be possible in one engine may not be possible in another. I understand why AI in Forge was not possible in past Halo games.
> > > >
> > > > That being said, Halo 5 runs on a completely new engine, different from the ones of past Halo games. Whether or not Forge AI may be possible in this iteration of the engine, nobody can say.
> > >
> > >
> > > If modders can do it, so can actual devs. example
> >
> >
> > show me a video of halo 5 ai forge, and maybe I might believe you.
>
>
> Well, he said it wasnt possible in past halo games. So I gave an example of a past halo. Of course modders wont be able to do it for halo 5 because the xbox one cant be modded… yet.

The reason that AI were able to be forged into a model game was because the maps the AI were being add into were already pathed for AI, if you look pretty much every map is a campaign or spartan ops map, at least as far as H4 was concerned. If the any iterations of the Halo engine were incapable of AI processing then we wouldn’t have AI in campaign. the capability of putting AI in forge and offline multiplayer is there it’s just not being used by 343

Doom also has a 64 demon limit, and only 12 demons can be alive at any time. Snap map is a really cool feature, but it is rather limited in its capabilities compared to forge. I’d like to see A.I brought into forge, but I don’t believe that it is going to happen anytime soon.

> 2533274808386392;2:

Stop spreading false information.

> 2533274821588261;16:
> Doom also has a 64 demon limit, and only 12 demons can be alive at any time. Snap map is a really cool feature, but it is rather limited in its capabilities compared to forge. I’d like to see A.I brought into forge, but I don’t believe that it is going to happen anytime soon.
>
>
> > 2533274808386392;2:
>
>
> Stop spreading false information.

Not everyone knows this fact yet.

> 2533274808132968;3:
> > 2533274808386392;2:
> >
>
>

The level of scrutiny a modder’s work is placed under compared to a developer’s makes this statement exceedingly naive.

> 2535466171875810;1:
> in snapmap. So the excuse 343 had that its not possible is proven false again (cough farcry cough project spark etc)
> who else feels this shuld be added

Not sure where they claimed 343i couldn’t do this but yes 343i could have done this in Forge. Many games do this in editors but consoles have limitations which is why it’s not common.