Don't you spawn troll me, Halo 5!

"" There you are, perfectly hidden, no one else in sight except for you, and your soon-to-be bullet filled meat bag, watching as they helplessly dash and gallop for false safety. BANG! BANG! BANG! Peeerfect Kill.

BANG ! BANG ! BANG ! OH WTF WHERE DID YOU JUST COME FROM!? ""

The above scenario is one that I hate to admit happens to me more often than not. For anyone who isn’t accustomed to this unfortunate glitch of bad luck, Halo 5 (from my experience, with apologies to the internet gods) tends to spawn enemy Spartans in the general vicinity of a recently dead-ed opponent. The re-spawn system feels like it is a mixtre of surrounding enemy teammates and/or map location at certain times.

I tag up my mark, slightly move out of cover, and get laced by his teammate. Not complaining or saying its a broken/busted bug, just that insatiable spawn system could be a bit more generous in not re-spawning other players behind you.

Again I have no actual model, equation, or structure of how 343i calculates their re-spawn locations, but the behind-the-back nonsense should be addressed hopefully in future updates or titles. Any other victims of the “spawn-troll”?

Spawns are really unpredictable in H5. The algorithms are really, really strange. I once threw a splinter grenade at a damaged enemy, I killed him, but a few splinters were left over. My sister proceeds to spawn in the cloud of splinters and immediately dies.

If I had to guess, the spawns are calculated by which areas are not populated by enemies and out of sight-lines (Doesn’t work 8 times out of 10 though) I haven’t noticed any consistency on which side of the map a team spawns on in slayer modes. Which means, as you said, they can spawn behind you.

> 2533275007059966;2:
> Spawns are really unpredictable in H5. The algorithms are really, really strange. I once threw a splinter grenade at a damaged enemy, I killed him, but a few splinters were left over. My sister proceeds to spawn in the cloud of splinters and immediately dies.
>
> If I had to guess, the spawns are calculated by which areas are not populated by enemies and out of sight-lines (Doesn’t work 8 times out of 10 though) I haven’t noticed any consistency on which side of the map a team spawns on in slayer modes. Which means, as you said, they can spawn behind you.

Yeah, I’ve had some really interesting spawn locations as well, like run in front of home bases gate, with my back turned toward the core. I was dead before I even knew I had spawned!

I’ve also had the pleasure of being spawned into a ghost dashing forward. I would hope the game has a set number of locations and can judge depending on several variables like enemy quantity, teammate’s in battle, or objective/position lost re-spawn point. But some of the places I spawn, or have seen others spawn are just random or do not make sense at all.

Probably my favorite is spawning in font of enemy Spartans…with a AI boss directly behind me, I’m just the jelly filling they were waiting for. LoL

This happens a lot more now than in the past. At least that’s my experience

I really wish every respawn we had 2 second double shields to at least attempt to prevent this

Seems like this is a real issue but isn’t titled “HALO ISN’T HALO ONLY SPELLED THE SAME WAY.” I wish I knew if there were more who deal with this same issue and if we can make enough noise to AT LEAST get it looked into.

> 2669321029161842;5:
> This happens a lot more now than in the past. At least that’s my experience

Warzone assault on urban.

For some reason it spawns me on blues bridge spawn point.
And blues will spawn near the armory…

I get shredded from behind less than 5 seconds from spawning.

Spawning is determined by which direction your Spartan is facing. In prior experience walls and or cover have very little influence on this mechanic. You can lock a spawn simply by looking at a popular spawn point on any match made map. Determining spawn location is easy when using communication and process of elimination.

[deleted]

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/c1d10656-62c5-433c-ad39-296dcaa56f60?gamerTag=UEG%20ShadowAngel&scid=1370999b-fca2-4c53-8ec5-73493bcb67e5

best spawn ever :wink: I was eating mini doughnuts and just threw them when I saw the easiest first kill ever (unfortunately I didn’t get it).

Exactly, some of the spawns are really annoying. I can’t count how many times I’ve died immediately after spawn in SWAT

> 2535461287427665;4:
> I’ve also had the pleasure of being spawned into a ghost dashing forward. I would hope the game has a set number of locations and can judge depending on several variables like enemy quantity, teammate’s in battle, or objective/position lost re-spawn point. But some of the places I spawn, or have seen others spawn are just random or do not make sense at all.
>
> Probably my favorite is spawning in font of enemy Spartans…with a AI boss directly behind me, I’m just the jelly filling they were waiting for. LoL

i’ve actually been spawned in front of a grunt mech and got killed before I can realize what happened, as a bonus I got spawned in front of an enemy tank which splatered me in less than 1 second

> 2533274923562209;11:
> https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/c1d10656-62c5-433c-ad39-296dcaa56f60?gamerTag=UEG%20ShadowAngel&scid=1370999b-fca2-4c53-8ec5-73493bcb67e5
>
> best spawn ever :wink: I was eating mini doughnuts and just threw them when I saw the easiest first kill ever (unfortunately I didn’t get it).

I lol’d pretty hard at this

> 2535452250728209;14:
> > 2533274923562209;11:
> > https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/c1d10656-62c5-433c-ad39-296dcaa56f60?gamerTag=UEG%20ShadowAngel&scid=1370999b-fca2-4c53-8ec5-73493bcb67e5
> >
> > best spawn ever :wink: I was eating mini doughnuts and just threw them when I saw the easiest first kill ever (unfortunately I didn’t get it).
>
>
> I lol’d pretty hard at this

If that were me I would’ve lost my mind. There was nothing that guy could do lol. First time I’ve ever seen someone from the opposite team spawn with my own team in halo. I’ve seen this spawn in destiny quite a bit but it’s new to me for halo.

> 2533275007059966;2:
> Spawns are really unpredictable in H5. The algorithms are really, really strange. I once threw a splinter grenade at a damaged enemy, I killed him, but a few splinters were left over. My sister proceeds to spawn in the cloud of splinters and immediately dies.
>
> If I had to guess, the spawns are calculated by which areas are not populated by enemies and out of sight-lines (Doesn’t work 8 times out of 10 though) I haven’t noticed any consistency on which side of the map a team spawns on in slayer modes. Which means, as you said, they can spawn behind you.

I once had an enemy spawn directly behind my back and to add insult my back was right up against the wall in a corner

similur thing happened at a start of a match and I spawned with the enemy with my back to 8 enemies.

The spawning in Halo 5 is ridiculous. I seem to spawn near enemies when I play slayer almost 50% of the time, and it gets annoying.

My kill to death ratio (not that I care) is due to killing one spartan followed by a second’s immediate finish, from where I don’t know.