Don't waste time and resources for E3 this year!

I would say don’t spend too much time and resources for E3 and focus more on polishing the game instead.The final product will be what matters the most!

Finish the fight 2021!!!

> 2533274951753761;1:
> I would say don’t spend too much time and resources for E3 and focus more on polishing the game instead.The final product will be what matters the most!

Probably there won’t be an E3 this year, but…

• 343 has hundreds of employees, I’m sure it won’t hurt the game if a few of them work on a presentation. - Making a presentation is important for marketing the game – specially after last year’s debacle, if 343 shows nothing of the game until the release date, people will think the game is in big trouble.

> 2533274938827434;3:
> > 2533274951753761;1:
> > I would say don’t spend too much time and resources for E3 and focus more on polishing the game instead.The final product will be what matters the most!
>
> Probably there won’t be an E3 this year, but…
>
>
> - 343 has hundreds of employees, I’m sure it won’t hurt the game if a few of them work on a presentation. - Making a presentation is important for marketing the game – specially after last year’s debacle, if 343 shows nothing of the game until the release date, people will think the game is in big trouble.

Cyberpunk team had over 500 internal developers and had more time,and just today i read they lost months of development for fake E3 demos.

A cool trailer… showing off forge… and releasing the multiplayer beta.

Sets up… best… E3… ever…

Don’t waste time, but show us what you’ve got. Sure spend some time accelerating the polish of a certain level or whatever, but don’t spend time on something that won’t be in the released game.

> 2533274951753761;4:
> > 2533274938827434;3:
> > > 2533274951753761;1:
> > > I would say don’t spend too much time and resources for E3 and focus more on polishing the game instead.The final product will be what matters the most!
> >
> > Probably there won’t be an E3 this year, but…
> >
> >
> > - 343 has hundreds of employees, I’m sure it won’t hurt the game if a few of them work on a presentation. - Making a presentation is important for marketing the game – specially after last year’s debacle, if 343 shows nothing of the game until the release date, people will think the game is in big trouble.
>
> Cyberpunk team had over 500 internal developers and had more time,and just today i read they lost months of development for fake E3 demos.

That is true that sometimes making an E3 demo that is super polished while not working on the rest of the game can lead to false impressions. However I’m not sure we really have to worry about that too much in this case considering Halo infinite, even though it is most likely going to be the largest Halo ever, is still likely a fair bit smaller than Cyberpunk. Also the demo they did showcase last year, which would have been their E3 showing if there had been an E3 last year, was by almost all accounts a pretty rough first impression. As long as 343 just shows an honest picture of where the game is currently at, which I believe they did, then we shouldn’t need to worry too much :slight_smile:

Honestly, give us a cinematic from the campaign, run a bit of a mission, and show off some multiplayer. No guff, just content. Bonus points if you run it real-time.

They need to do 2 things:

1. show an updated version of the demo that’s already been made
  2. show multiplayer and the various features that will be there at launch

> 2533274840624875;9:
> They need to do 2 things:
> 1. show an updated version of the demo that’s already been made
> 2. show multiplayer and the various features that will be there at launch

Definitely 2, but I would like to see a new slice of the campaign, hopefully showing off Hunters, Drones, maybe Prometheans, just basically new enemies that will be in the game.

> 2533274938827434;3:
> > 2533274951753761;1:
> > I would say don’t spend too much time and resources for E3 and focus more on polishing the game instead.The final product will be what matters the most!
>
> Probably there won’t be an E3 this year, but…
>
>
> - 343 has hundreds of employees, I’m sure it won’t hurt the game if a few of them work on a presentation. - Making a presentation is important for marketing the game – specially after last year’s debacle, if 343 shows nothing of the game until the release date, people will think the game is in big trouble.

Not sure I agree. E3 is happening this year…it’s just most likely going to be digital only until the epidemic goes away.

Sure 343i can just post a random presentation with a blog but the point of E3 is a celebration for all gamers and not just another work blog. I’m sure 343i will show stuff eventually but I’m pretty sure they want to build up hype instead of just an information dump. Plus we have a lot of things they have to show off at some point like the Halo TV series that is supposed to be out this year. Plus it gives the dev’s enough time to actually work on the game to get it ready instead of being pestered for monthly reports on the games.

> 2533274829873463;11:
> > 2533274938827434;3:
> > > I would say don’t spend too much time and resources for E3 and focus more on polishing the game instead.The final product will be what matters the most!
> >
> >
> >
> > - 343 has hundreds of employees, I’m sure it won’t hurt the game if a few of them work on a presentation. - Making a presentation is important for marketing the game – specially after last year’s debacle, if 343 shows nothing of the game until the release date, people will think the game is in big trouble.
>
> Not sure I agree. E3 is happening this year…it’s just most likely going to be digital only until the epidemic goes away.
>
> Sure 343i can just post a random presentation with a blog but the point of E3 is a celebration for all gamers and not just another work blog. I’m sure 343i will show stuff eventually but I’m pretty sure they want to build up hype instead of just an information dump. Plus we have a lot of things they have to show off at some point like the Halo TV series that is supposed to be out this year. Plus it gives the dev’s enough time to actually work on the game to get it ready instead of being pestered for monthly reports on the games.

No more hype after 2018 fantasy trailer and 2020 reality demo.And after Cyberpunk lies and made up demos just for E3 i don’t trust anything more until it’s out.

> 2533274951753761;12:
> > 2533274829873463;11:
> > > 2533274938827434;3:
> > > > 2533274951753761;1:
> > > > I would say don’t spend too much time and resources for E3 and focus more on polishing the game instead.The final product will be what matters the most!
> > >
> > > Probably there won’t be an E3 this year, but…
> > >
> > >
> > > - 343 has hundreds of employees, I’m sure it won’t hurt the game if a few of them work on a presentation. - Making a presentation is important for marketing the game – specially after last year’s debacle, if 343 shows nothing of the game until the release date, people will think the game is in big trouble.
> >
> > Not sure I agree. E3 is happening this year…it’s just most likely going to be digital only until the epidemic goes away.
> >
> > Sure 343i can just post a random presentation with a blog but the point of E3 is a celebration for all gamers and not just another work blog. I’m sure 343i will show stuff eventually but I’m pretty sure they want to build up hype instead of just an information dump. Plus we have a lot of things they have to show off at some point like the Halo TV series that is supposed to be out this year. Plus it gives the dev’s enough time to actually work on the game to get it ready instead of being pestered for monthly reports on the games.
>
> No more hype after 2018 fantasy trailer and 2020 reality demo.And after Cyberpunk lies and made up demos just for E3 i don’t trust anything more until it’s out.

Umm ok. Everyone has different believes…some are hyped and some aren’t just like I see H5 as the worst Halo in the series while some enjoy it. I’m sort of mixed with Infinite due to how bad H4/5 was. I’m just not sure since the game-play looked ok but wasn’t overly excited since kind of got used to being let down by 343i with their campaign/multiplayer in 4/5 while seeing classic Halo art style returning has given me some hope.

> 2533274812652989;10:
> > 2533274840624875;9:
> > They need to do 2 things:
> > 1. show an updated version of the demo that’s already been made
> > 2. show multiplayer and the various features that will be there at launch
>
> Definitely 2, but I would like to see a new slice of the campaign, hopefully showing off Hunters, Drones, maybe Prometheans, just basically new enemies that will be in the game.

I get the idea of seeing something new, but I think they could do a reel of stuff for that. They need to have a direct comparison to show how things improved. Using an updated version of the demo could be that.

> 2533274829873463;13:
> > 2533274951753761;12:
> > > 2533274829873463;11:
> > > > 2533274938827434;3:
> > > > > 2533274951753761;1:
> > > > > I would say don’t spend too much time and resources for E3 and focus more on polishing the game instead.The final product will be what matters the most!
> > > >
> > > > Probably there won’t be an E3 this year, but…
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > - 343 has hundreds of employees, I’m sure it won’t hurt the game if a few of them work on a presentation. - Making a presentation is important for marketing the game – specially after last year’s debacle, if 343 shows nothing of the game until the release date, people will think the game is in big trouble.
> > >
> > > Not sure I agree. E3 is happening this year…it’s just most likely going to be digital only until the epidemic goes away.
> > >
> > > Sure 343i can just post a random presentation with a blog but the point of E3 is a celebration for all gamers and not just another work blog. I’m sure 343i will show stuff eventually but I’m pretty sure they want to build up hype instead of just an information dump. Plus we have a lot of things they have to show off at some point like the Halo TV series that is supposed to be out this year. Plus it gives the dev’s enough time to actually work on the game to get it ready instead of being pestered for monthly reports on the games.
> >
> > No more hype after 2018 fantasy trailer and 2020 reality demo.And after Cyberpunk lies and made up demos just for E3 i don’t trust anything more until it’s out.
>
> Umm ok. Everyone has different believes…some are hyped and some aren’t just like I see H5 as the worst Halo in the series while some enjoy it. I’m sort of mixed with Infinite due to how bad H4/5 was. I’m just not sure since the game-play looked ok but wasn’t overly excited since kind of got used to being let down by 343i with their campaign/multiplayer in 4/5 while seeing classic Halo art style returning has given me some hope.

Gameplay looks like H5 to me but it should be better with no 4 team squad mechanics and with no spartan charge and ground pound.Also im glad we will have Brutes and Elites together as enemies again.Art style looks good to me,just needs better lighting on enemies and stuff.It could be 343 best Halo imo.

> 2533274951753761;15:
> > 2533274829873463;13:
> > > 2533274951753761;12:
> > > > 2533274829873463;11:
> > > > > 2533274938827434;3:
> > > > > > 2533274951753761;1:
> > > > > > I would say don’t spend too much time and resources for E3 and focus more on polishing the game instead.The final product will be what matters the most!
> > > > >
> > > > > Probably there won’t be an E3 this year, but…
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > - 343 has hundreds of employees, I’m sure it won’t hurt the game if a few of them work on a presentation. - Making a presentation is important for marketing the game – specially after last year’s debacle, if 343 shows nothing of the game until the release date, people will think the game is in big trouble.
> > > >
> > > > Not sure I agree. E3 is happening this year…it’s just most likely going to be digital only until the epidemic goes away.
> > > >
> > > > Sure 343i can just post a random presentation with a blog but the point of E3 is a celebration for all gamers and not just another work blog. I’m sure 343i will show stuff eventually but I’m pretty sure they want to build up hype instead of just an information dump. Plus we have a lot of things they have to show off at some point like the Halo TV series that is supposed to be out this year. Plus it gives the dev’s enough time to actually work on the game to get it ready instead of being pestered for monthly reports on the games.
>
> Gameplay looks like H5 to me but it should be better with no 4 team squad mechanics and with no spartan charge and ground pound.Also im glad we will have Brutes and Elites together as enemies again.Art style looks good to me,just needs better lighting on enemies and stuff.It could be 343 best Halo imo.

Yeh I guess so. Though not a fan of ground pound or spartan charge either. I hope the improvements that they’ve been working are enough after last years complaints.

> 2533274829873463;16:
> > 2533274951753761;15:
> > > 2533274829873463;13:
> > > > 2533274951753761;12:
> > > > > 2533274829873463;11:
> > > > > > 2533274938827434;3:
> > > > > > > 2533274951753761;1:
> > > > > > > I would say don’t spend too much time and resources for E3 and focus more on polishing the game instead.The final product will be what matters the most!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Probably there won’t be an E3 this year, but…
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > - 343 has hundreds of employees, I’m sure it won’t hurt the game if a few of them work on a presentation. - Making a presentation is important for marketing the game – specially after last year’s debacle, if 343 shows nothing of the game until the release date, people will think the game is in big trouble.
> > > > >
> > > > > Not sure I agree. E3 is happening this year…it’s just most likely going to be digital only until the epidemic goes away.
> > > > >
> > > > > Sure 343i can just post a random presentation with a blog but the point of E3 is a celebration for all gamers and not just another work blog. I’m sure 343i will show stuff eventually but I’m pretty sure they want to build up hype instead of just an information dump. Plus we have a lot of things they have to show off at some point like the Halo TV series that is supposed to be out this year. Plus it gives the dev’s enough time to actually work on the game to get it ready instead of being pestered for monthly reports on the games.
> >
> > Gameplay looks like H5 to me but it should be better with no 4 team squad mechanics and with no spartan charge and ground pound.Also im glad we will have Brutes and Elites together as enemies again.Art style looks good to me,just needs better lighting on enemies and stuff.It could be 343 best Halo imo.
>
> Yeh I guess so. Though not a fan of ground pound or spartan charge either. I hope the improvements that they’ve been working are enough after last years complaints.

I think the important thing will be bigger areas,like semi open world usage and mission design.This could be great,like i saw in demo and trailer after you do 1 objective you have to backtrack and new enemies appear.Much better than linear missions in 4 and 5.

> 2533274951753761;17:
> > 2533274829873463;16:
> > > 2533274951753761;15:
> > > > 2533274829873463;13:
> > > > > 2533274951753761;12:
> > > > > > 2533274829873463;11:
> > > > > > > 2533274938827434;3:
> > > > > > > > 2533274951753761;1:
> > > > > > > > I would say don’t spend too much time and resources for E3 and focus more on polishing the game instead.The final product will be what matters the most!
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Probably there won’t be an E3 this year, but…
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > - 343 has hundreds of employees, I’m sure it won’t hurt the game if a few of them work on a presentation. - Making a presentation is important for marketing the game – specially after last year’s debacle, if 343 shows nothing of the game until the release date, people will think the game is in big trouble.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Not sure I agree. E3 is happening this year…it’s just most likely going to be digital only until the epidemic goes away.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Sure 343i can just post a random presentation with a blog but the point of E3 is a celebration for all gamers and not just another work blog. I’m sure 343i will show stuff eventually but I’m pretty sure they want to build up hype instead of just an information dump. Plus we have a lot of things they have to show off at some point like the Halo TV series that is supposed to be out this year. Plus it gives the dev’s enough time to actually work on the game to get it ready instead of being pestered for monthly reports on the games.
> > >
> > > Gameplay looks like H5 to me but it should be better with no 4 team squad mechanics and with no spartan charge and ground pound.Also im glad we will have Brutes and Elites together as enemies again.Art style looks good to me,just needs better lighting on enemies and stuff.It could be 343 best Halo imo.
> >
> > Yeh I guess so. Though not a fan of ground pound or spartan charge either. I hope the improvements that they’ve been working are enough after last years complaints.
>
> I think the important thing will be bigger areas,like semi open world usage and mission design.This could be great,like i saw in demo and trailer after you do 1 objective you have to backtrack and new enemies appear.Much better than linear missions in 4 and 5.

Yeh agreed about bigger area’s…been sick of seeing death screen boundaries due to stupid kill boundary’s in stupid places that made flying in banshee’s frustrating in 4/5.

> 2533274812652989;8:
> Honestly, give us a cinematic from the campaign, run a bit of a mission, and show off some multiplayer. No guff, just content. Bonus points if you run it real-time.

This is all that is needed 343, MAKE IT HAPPEN =)

> 2533274951753761;4:
> > 2533274938827434;3:
> >
> >
> >
>
> Cyberpunk team had over 500 internal developers and had more time,and just today i read they lost months of development for fake E3 demos.

Key words being “Fake demos”, i.e. demos that were fabricated and weren’t just recordings of things already in the game. It would take maybe a week or two to record and put together a video, if you didn’t have to edit the game to look better. Just recording, and editing, text overlay, and music. It is inherently wrong to suggest that advertising the game is a bad idea. In fact, it is the opposite. The last large scale advertisement from Infinite was underwhelming, and at the time of E3, will have been nearly a year prior. So, they need to advertise it with a video at the very least. 1. To prove the game is worth your time and attention. and 2. To remind people the game is actually coming out. Not advertising the game in a major venue would be an incredible waste, and detrimental to the game.