Don't Stack The Difficulty in Co-Op!

In Reach, for example, when you’d attempt a mission on Legendary difficulty on four player co-op, the mission would become even harder to beat. Reach on Solo was already slaughter, but with Legendary difficulty on steroids, it was so frustrating to the point that it just wasn’t fun and made the campaign and drag to play with your friends.

Do not do this with Halo 4.

No one likes an overly serious and difficult playthrough of a game’s story mode. Replaying the same segment over and over due to its intense difficulty gets old quite quickly. I think the perfect example of Campaign co-op was Halo 3’s co-op. Halo 3 co-op made you feel rewarded for having a few extra buddies by your side by enabling you to come up with strategies with your friends to get past certain obstacles you would have faced while playing solo.

So encourage players to play the story co-operatively, don’t scare them away by making the game 4X harder than it would normally be on your own.

Eh, you realize something? In the previous Halo games you could have one guy sit in a safe place as a spawn point while the other three threw themselves at the enemy without caution.

> Eh, you realize something? In the previous Halo games you could have one guy sit in a safe place as a spawn point while the other three threw themselves at the enemy without caution.

But that’s no fun at all.

Has you read the description for legendary? In any of the games? The increased difficulty makes the reward o so much sweeter. If its too ‘hard’ lower the difficulty. Legendary isn’t about being a cakewalk. Its a test of your ability

> Has you read the description for legendary? In any of the games? The increased difficulty makes the reward o so much sweeter. If its too ‘hard’ lower the difficulty. Legendary isn’t about being a cakewalk. Its a test of your ability

And that’s why I always play it solo. But i’ve always viewed co-op as a way to help people through the campaign, not suffer alongside them.

1 thing, legendary in reach was sooo easy, it was so easy they even made an achievement to beat it on solo, i think it should stack and it should be alot harder than reach, i want to sweat blood when trying to beat it, not dance through a field on ponies :smiley:

I never even noticed it getting harder, I actually think it should be even more difficult. LASO was also very easy (at least if you don’t play with friends who frick everything up).

Play it on a lower difficulty, where is the problem? It’s anyway very easy since both players must die on coop. That’s why Halo 2 was harder on coop than solo in my opinion.

> 1 thing, legendary in reach was sooo easy, it was so easy they even made an achievement to beat it on solo, i think it should stack and it should be alot harder than reach, i want to sweat blood when trying to beat it, not dance through a field on ponies :smiley:

Buuuuuut I love ponies!

I prefer it in Reach where it stacks. You get the advantage of being able to use tactics and coordinate with your friends to get through the missions, but they’re harder. It’s a good payoff.

Co-op shouldn’t be about making it easier, it should be about fighting through the game together.

You do realise you just found your solution don’t you? Play on a different difficulty.

If you don’t want to play an overly serious and difficult Halo campaign… play it on Heroic? Why demand an easier Legendary playthrough. I swear people nowadays want everything catered to their own belief no matter how stupid it is.

> If you don’t want to play an overly serious and difficult Halo campaign… play it on Heroic? Why demand an easier Legendary playthrough. I swear people nowadays want everything catered to their own belief no matter how stupid it is.

I would like to play it on Legendary with my friends without it being insanely difficult like Reach was. OF COURSE I know that there are always easier difficulty options, but people like myself love getting Legendary achievements out of the way at the game’s launch.

> > If you don’t want to play an overly serious and difficult Halo campaign… play it on Heroic? Why demand an easier Legendary playthrough. I swear people nowadays want everything catered to their own belief no matter how stupid it is.
>
> I would like to play it on Legendary with my friends without it being insanely difficult like Reach was. OF COURSE I know that there are always easier difficulty options, but people like myself love getting Legendary achievements out of the way at the game’s launch.

So play solo. You’re complaining about a very specific “problem” with very simple solutions.

If you can’t do Legendary, don’t do it. Simple as.

Personally, I don’t think Legendary is that hard. Co-op Legendary seems to be easy-ish, solo isn’t too difficult either. Veteran on CoD is what takes the mick. I tried a few missions the too frequent deaths left me annoyed and so I left…

no, i believe newer games have gotten too noob-friendly as it is. halo reach’s campaign was far too easy, even on 4 player co-op legendary. all you needed was a PP and a needle rifle/DMR, and you’d blast through it with ease

Go down to your local game shop and have a chat with a D&D GM. They’ll explain to you why more players should result in a scaled up adventure.

Even ‘Encounters’, which is designed to allow newcomers into the franchise of D&D smoothly and easily, has rules for the GM explaining how many units, bosses, their abilities and positioning should be on the map based on how many players there are.

> > If you don’t want to play an overly serious and difficult Halo campaign… play it on Heroic? Why demand an easier Legendary playthrough. I swear people nowadays want everything catered to their own belief no matter how stupid it is.
>
> I would like to play it on Legendary with my friends without it being insanely difficult like Reach was. OF COURSE I know that there are always easier difficulty options, but people like myself love getting Legendary achievements out of the way at the game’s launch.

Like I said, why do you demand it be easier just so you can -Yoink!- the achievements more easily? I understand you want to play it on Legendary with friends so you can get the achievements… Well I want to be a professional football player but you don’t see me -Yoinking!- to the NFL to make making the team easier for skinny white people.

‘insanely difficult’? take my advice with the plasma pistol and the needle rifle, then you will realise reach’s campaign is ridiculously easy ;D

>

Look up Mythic Tyrant. He can beat LASO on Reach with no deaths.