Don't show too much

After E3, I’m sure they’re gonna want to get us excited for the Campaign and where the story and characters go. I’m all for teasing, but, don’t so too much. Show just enough to wet our appetites. With Halo 4, they revealed too much, and also a little too early. Imagine if they never showed they Prometheans in the marketing, how surprised we would be when they showed up. Keep all the reveals and twists close to you chest this time.

Just show and go more indepth with the multiplayer yes?

I feel like last time it was the rookie mistake of a newly formed studio that was excited about their first halo game. Since then they seem more on the ball, imo.

I believe they learned their lesson and we will only get the truly relevant information.

I completely disagree. If they had not shown the Prometheans then every advertisement would have to be some sort of false advertising. We could only have been shown 3 levels of the game and gotten no information on the plot.

I want to know something! None of this mystery crap. Mysteries are all meant to be solved!

Your topic title remembers me something. And it is a mix of “funny” and “not good”.
Here a small summary:

“Don’t show to much - becasue there is not much.”

X><

> 2533274833380875;5:
> I completely disagree. If they had not shown the Prometheans then every advertisement would have to be some sort of false advertising. We could only have been shown 3 levels of the game and gotten no information on the plot.
>
> I want to know something! None of this mystery crap. Mysteries are all meant to be solved!

I don’t want to know the plot of a game before it comes out though. I’d rather experience it for myself. I’d say revealing 3 levels of the game before it’s releases is way too many anyway. Halo 4 only had 8 missions so that’s nearly half the game. No, they should save all the surprises and reveals for when we actually play the game.

They could show a 5 min cut scene and then 2 min of fighting the already confirmed enemies like Jules forces just to show off air and abilities. Then a clip of Spielberg’s show and a match of btb and the fans would already have their fix.

> 2533274833380875;5:
> I completely disagree. If they had not shown the Prometheans then every advertisement would have to be some sort of false advertising. We could only have been shown 3 levels of the game and gotten no information on the plot.
>
> I want to know something! None of this mystery crap. Mysteries are all meant to be solved!

Yes, they are solved when you play the actual game.

It’s not false advertisement to not get shown them. They could even have just given us a picture or two of them, mentioned ‘new enemies’ and left it as that. Instead we knew almost everything about them before we got our hands on the game.

What I wish for Halo 5’s E3 presentation:

The room is dark for a few moments. Suddenly, half the room lights up in blue, the other one in red.

A monk chorus starts chanting Halo’s iconic melody… Suddenly a number 5 appears on screen.

A small fraction of the cut scene from the first mission begins (one or two minutes) followed by a quick 2 minutes gameplay montage full of action and mystery (provided by some voice context with no context). Finishing with a new animation of the big cover art for Halo 5 while we listen to the “There are two sides for every story” line.

Someone from 343 Industries appears on stage while the big cover art is still on screen. He/she talks about how this game will be awesome, etc. He/she then talks about how Halo’s multiplayer is truly important for 343 and finishes his/her time on stage with the words “This is Halo’s next gen multiplayer”. Just as he/she finishes his/her line, the cover art image (that remained on screen) breaks with a cool animation that reveal a quick multiplayer trailer where they show fragments of:

Arena multiplayer

Cool Spartan customization

Forge

BTB

New game types

Use of Spartan Abilities

Classic Halo mode

Ranking system

Firefight 3.0

A successor for Spartan Ops

And more!

A closing ground pound unveils, through a transition animation, (I’m trusting a lot in the animators’ skills :D) the Halo 5 Xbox One console. We see it just for some brief 1.5 seconds (that’s more than enough for the internet to take pictures of it, don’t worry) and then we see nothing but “October 27th 2015”

The room goes black again, everybody trying to dry their wet pants. After 5 long seconds of absolute darkness, a Sangheli character violently assassins an enemy Spartan. The audience hears the, now famous, line: “Assassination!”

Xbox logo appears on screen and everybody listens: “Only on Xbox One”.

> 2533274852824836;7:
> > 2533274833380875;5:
> > I completely disagree. If they had not shown the Prometheans then every advertisement would have to be some sort of false advertising. We could only have been shown 3 levels of the game and gotten no information on the plot.
> >
> > I want to know something! None of this mystery crap. Mysteries are all meant to be solved!
>
>
> I don’t want to know the plot of a game before it comes out though. I’d rather experience it for myself. I’d say revealing 3 levels of the game before it’s releases is way too many anyway. Halo 4 only had 8 missions so that’s nearly half the game. No, they should save all the surprises and reveals for when we actually play the game.

Then go dark. That’s the best way to avoid spoilers if it means that much to you.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> After E3, I’m sure they’re gonna want to get us excited for the Campaign and where the story and characters go. I’m all for teasing, but, don’t so too much. Show just enough to wet our appetites. With Halo 4, they revealed too much, and also a little too early. Imagine if they never showed they Prometheans in the marketing, how surprised we would be when they showed up. Keep all the reveals and twists close to you chest this time.

absolutely agreed, 343, listen to this guy!

Since following the marketing is optional, those who don’t want spoilers can go dark. If you’ve already decided to buy the game, but want your experience to be as “pure” as possible, what reason is there to watch any preview material at all?

Main purpose of marketing is to convince people to buy the game, not to hype up those who have already decided to buy the game.

> 2533274945679983;10:
> What I wish for Halo 5’s E3 presentation:
>
> The room is dark for a few moments. Suddenly, half the room lights up in blue, the other one in red.
>
> A monk chorus starts chanting Halo’s iconic melody… Suddenly a number 5 appears on screen.
>
> A small fraction of the cut scene from the first mission begins (one or two minutes) followed by a quick 2 minutes gameplay montage full of action and mystery (provided by some voice context with no context). Finishing with a new animation of the big cover art for Halo 5 while we listen to the “There are two sides for every story” line.
>
> Someone from 343 Industries appears on stage while the big cover art is still on screen. He/she talks about how this game will be awesome, etc. He/she then talks about how Halo’s multiplayer is truly important for 343 and finishes his/her time on stage with the words “This is Halo’s next gen multiplayer”. Just as he/she finishes his/her line, the cover art image (that remained on screen) breaks with a cool animation that reveal a quick multiplayer trailer where they show fragments of:
>
> Arena multiplayer
>
> Cool Spartan customization
>
> Forge
>
> BTB
>
> New game types
>
> Use of Spartan Abilities
>
> Classic Halo mode
>
> Ranking system
>
> Firefight 3.0
>
> A successor for Spartan Ops
>
> And more!
>
> A closing ground pound unveils, through a transition animation, (I’m trusting a lot in the animators’ skills :D) the Halo 5 Xbox One console. We see it just for some brief 1.5 seconds (that’s more than enough for the internet to take pictures of it, don’t worry) and then we see nothing but “October 27th 2015”
>
> The room goes black again, everybody trying to dry their wet pants. After 5 long seconds of absolute darkness, a Sangheli character violently assassins an enemy Spartan. The audience hears the, now famous, line: “Assassination!”
>
> Xbox logo appears on screen and everybody listens: “Only on Xbox One”.

Can 343 please hire this guy

> 2533274964465607;14:
> > 2533274945679983;10:
> > What I wish for Halo 5’s E3 presentation:
> >
> > The room is dark for a few moments. Suddenly, half the room lights up in blue, the other one in red.
> >
> > A monk chorus starts chanting Halo’s iconic melody… Suddenly a number 5 appears on screen.
> >
> > A small fraction of the cut scene from the first mission begins (one or two minutes) followed by a quick 2 minutes gameplay montage full of action and mystery (provided by some voice context with no context). Finishing with a new animation of the big cover art for Halo 5 while we listen to the “There are two sides for every story” line.
> >
> > Someone from 343 Industries appears on stage while the big cover art is still on screen. He/she talks about how this game will be awesome, etc. He/she then talks about how Halo’s multiplayer is truly important for 343 and finishes his/her time on stage with the words “This is Halo’s next gen multiplayer”. Just as he/she finishes his/her line, the cover art image (that remained on screen) breaks with a cool animation that reveal a quick multiplayer trailer where they show fragments of:
> >
> > Arena multiplayer
> >
> > Cool Spartan customization
> >
> > Forge
> >
> > BTB
> >
> > New game types
> >
> > Use of Spartan Abilities
> >
> > Classic Halo mode
> >
> > Ranking system
> >
> > Firefight 3.0
> >
> > A successor for Spartan Ops
> >
> > And more!
> >
> > A closing ground pound unveils, through a transition animation, (I’m trusting a lot in the animators’ skills :D) the Halo 5 Xbox One console. We see it just for some brief 1.5 seconds (that’s more than enough for the internet to take pictures of it, don’t worry) and then we see nothing but “October 27th 2015”
> >
> > The room goes black again, everybody trying to dry their wet pants. After 5 long seconds of absolute darkness, a Sangheli character violently assassins an enemy Spartan. The audience hears the, now famous, line: “Assassination!”
> >
> > Xbox logo appears on screen and everybody listens: “Only on Xbox One”.
>
>
> Can 343 please hire this guy

Can 343 please listen to this guy? Hire me!!
LOL

> 2533274945679983;10:
> What I wish for Halo 5’s E3 presentation:
>
> The room is dark for a few moments. Suddenly, half the room lights up in blue, the other one in red.
>
> A monk chorus starts chanting Halo’s iconic melody… Suddenly a number 5 appears on screen.
>
> A small fraction of the cut scene from the first mission begins (one or two minutes) followed by a quick 2 minutes gameplay montage full of action and mystery (provided by some voice context with no context). Finishing with a new animation of the big cover art for Halo 5 while we listen to the “There are two sides for every story” line.
>
> Someone from 343 Industries appears on stage while the big cover art is still on screen. He/she talks about how this game will be awesome, etc. He/she then talks about how Halo’s multiplayer is truly important for 343 and finishes his/her time on stage with the words “This is Halo’s next gen multiplayer”. Just as he/she finishes his/her line, the cover art image (that remained on screen) breaks with a cool animation that reveal a quick multiplayer trailer where they show fragments of:
>
> Arena multiplayer
>
> Cool Spartan customization
>
> Forge
>
> BTB
>
> New game types
>
> Use of Spartan Abilities
>
> Classic Halo mode
>
> Ranking system
>
> Firefight 3.0
>
> A successor for Spartan Ops
>
> And more!
>
> A closing ground pound unveils, through a transition animation, (I’m trusting a lot in the animators’ skills :D) the Halo 5 Xbox One console. We see it just for some brief 1.5 seconds (that’s more than enough for the internet to take pictures of it, don’t worry) and then we see nothing but “October 27th 2015”
>
> The room goes black again, everybody trying to dry their wet pants. After 5 long seconds of absolute darkness, a Sangheli character violently assassins an enemy Spartan. The audience hears the, now famous, line: “Assassination!”
>
> Xbox logo appears on screen and everybody listens: “Only on Xbox One”.

The best E3 Halo showup plan!