Don't remove playlists, Just replace them

When Monitor’s Bounty released, it was amazing to have received 19-20 playlists. Then we had the week with Warzone Warlords, and the playlist count was bumped up to 20-21 playlists. This was the most number of playlists we’ve ever had in a halo game, and it was amazing.

Then shotty snipers and Triple Team was removed in favor of assault. Not ideal, but I could see the logic behind removing them, as they were a little redundant. This gave us 18-19 playlists.

Now team snipers is being removed, which is a bad move IMO. We need at least one snipers playlist for the snipers community, regardless of the population. The die-hard team snipers players probably wouldn’t care about the wait times as long as it was in matchmaking. For all gamemodes, many wouldn’t care about the wait times as long as it was in matchmaking. If the population for a playlist is so bad that you have to remove that playlist, replace it with another one. This would lessen the impact of having that playlist removed while keeping the playlist number the same and giving us something fresh.

Halo 5 was known for having very little content for a long time after launch. After Monitor’s Bounty, halo 5 had the most out of any halo game. I know we still have a lot of playlists, but it just feels like we’re slowly going back in reverse to when there wasn’t a whole lot of content. Ske7ch, Unyshek, you can remove some playlists if you want, but please just replace them with something else (yes I know it’s necessarily you who make the decisions, but you can still relay this).

> 2535455681930574;1:
> Halo 5 was known for having very little content for a long time after launch. After Monitor’s Bounty, halo 5 had the most out of any halo game. I know we still have a lot of playlists, but it just feels like we’re slowly going back in reverse to when there wasn’t a whole lot of content. ske7ch, Unyshek, you can remove some playlists if you want, but please just replace them with something else (yes I know it’s necessarily you who make the decisions, but you can still relay this).

Having the most playlists doesn’t equate to the most content. Btb in previous games were more than just slayer, ctf, and strongholds. You also had one flag ctf, btb heavies, assault(back then called bomb, multi-bomb), VIP, territories, stockpile, etc etc. slayer playlists that had regicide, VIP, headhunters, oddball, king of the hill, etc etc. what does halo 5 have? Just plain old slayer (and the occasional covie slayer like now) with nothing else in matchmaking. Halo 5 may have the most playlists, but it’s far from actual variety compared to previous games.

getting past that I’ll agree with you on 343 needing to try other things rather than removing stuff entirely and not replacing it with anything else. I understand people use the saying “it spreads out the population” but ultimately I disagree with it, and even if true I wouldn’t care as people should still be given the chance to try a playlist even if it’s pretty much empty as it’s still an option at the few times there are enough playing it, if it’s empty then they can go play a different playlist and maybe later the original one they wanted might have players in it.

If anything, gamemodes should be rotated on a habitual basis to keep things fresh. A bi-weekly basis seems reasonable enough (to me, at least).

> 2535429593088083;3:
> If anything, gamemodes should be rotated on a habitual basis to keep things fresh. A bi-weekly basis seems reasonable enough (to me, at least).

Yeah, rotating the playlist weekly would give us more variety. Especially new playlists

> 2533274923562209;2:
> > 2535455681930574;1:
> > Halo 5 was known for having very little content for a long time after launch. After Monitor’s Bounty, halo 5 had the most out of any halo game. I know we still have a lot of playlists, but it just feels like we’re slowly going back in reverse to when there wasn’t a whole lot of content. ske7ch, Unyshek, you can remove some playlists if you want, but please just replace them with something else (yes I know it’s necessarily you who make the decisions, but you can still relay this).
>
> Having the most playlists doesn’t equate to the most content. Btb in previous games were more than just slayer, ctf, and strongholds. You also had one flag ctf, btb heavies, assault(back then called bomb, multi-bomb), VIP, territories, stockpile, etc etc. slayer playlists that had regicide, VIP, headhunters, oddball, king of the hill, etc etc. what does halo 5 have? Just plain old slayer (and the occasional covie slayer like now) with nothing else in matchmaking. Halo 5 may have the most playlists, but it’s far from actual variety compared to previous games.
>
> getting past that I’ll agree with you on 343 needing to try other things rather than removing stuff entirely and not replacing it with anything else. I understand people use the saying “it spreads out the population” but ultimately I disagree with it, and even if true I wouldn’t care as people should still be given the chance to try a playlist even if it’s pretty much empty as it’s still an option at the few times there are enough playing it, if it’s empty then they can go play a different playlist and maybe later the original one they wanted might have players in it.

Considering the customs browser, which essentially provides an unlimited amount of content, the forge and mini games feature, Warzone, and the fact that halo 5 has the most playlists out of any halo game, I’d say it doesn’t matter if Reach had more gametypes in a single playlist.

I agree with your second paragraph though.

> 2535455681930574;5:
> > 2533274923562209;2:
> > > 2535455681930574;1:
> > > Halo 5 was known for having very little content for a long time after launch. After Monitor’s Bounty, halo 5 had the most out of any halo game. I know we still have a lot of playlists, but it just feels like we’re slowly going back in reverse to when there wasn’t a whole lot of content. ske7ch, Unyshek, you can remove some playlists if you want, but please just replace them with something else (yes I know it’s necessarily you who make the decisions, but you can still relay this).
> >
> > Having the most playlists doesn’t equate to the most content. Btb in previous games were more than just slayer, ctf, and strongholds. You also had one flag ctf, btb heavies, assault(back then called bomb, multi-bomb), VIP, territories, stockpile, etc etc. slayer playlists that had regicide, VIP, headhunters, oddball, king of the hill, etc etc. what does halo 5 have? Just plain old slayer (and the occasional covie slayer like now) with nothing else in matchmaking. Halo 5 may have the most playlists, but it’s far from actual variety compared to previous games.
> >
> > getting past that I’ll agree with you on 343 needing to try other things rather than removing stuff entirely and not replacing it with anything else. I understand people use the saying “it spreads out the population” but ultimately I disagree with it, and even if true I wouldn’t care as people should still be given the chance to try a playlist even if it’s pretty much empty as it’s still an option at the few times there are enough playing it, if it’s empty then they can go play a different playlist and maybe later the original one they wanted might have players in it.
>
> Considering the customs browser, which essentially provides an unlimited amount of content, the forge and mini games feature, Warzone, and the fact that halo 5 has the most playlists out of any halo game, I’d say it doesn’t matter if Reach had more gametypes in a single playlist.
>
> I agree with your second paragraph though.

The thing is custom games do not provide what actual matchmaking does. Lack of ranks, stat tracking, and the need babysit Lobbies with no actual matchmaking parameter to it. I’ve never been a fan of customs in previous games and I’m not in h5. I don’t know if custom games and forge is really an arguement since previous games had it as well, the only difference is h5 has the server that shows who is playing what (and unfortunately most people play ridiculous goofy game types, not the stuff I’d play like oddball or KotH, etc ect. Plus h5s forge cant make certain gametypes like past games (although it has expanded on making maps move and such and feel different than what previous games did).

ive argued it since launch, and I still stick to it now, h5s lack of variety in terms of gamemodes really hurts for me, the high playlist count means nothing if I’m having to jump around them so much due to getting bored of playing slayer 3 times with no other variations and then jumping into assault a few games with no variation, then going skirmish/team arena with only 3 game modes for a whole year and a half (like seriously, look at what real objective/slayer variant playlists had in the last, they had much more than just 3 modes).

That’s h5s biggest flaw, it can’t keep me in a playlist like past games cuz it can’t give that variety of options to make me. Custom games also don’t offer what matchmaking does so it’s a horrible substitute. I will say since launch its lack of variety has improved compared to when everyone brought it up at launch, but my stance on it hasn’t changed, plus I think some confuse playlists with only one or two modes as variety when past games multiple playlists had 4+ modes each.

Ya Halo 5 has a serious problem about variety. I remember in the old games I could load up btb and really have no idea what I would get. Well except in Reach when we could vote. But my point is there are problems in Halo 5 with such simple solutions. Thank god my Halo Wars 2 is coming in in a week. Halo 5 really isn’t a priority for me any more. And I used to be a die hard player.

Don’t remove playlists, just replaylist them
replaycelist them
idk, I think my brain is brainstorming some sort of foolishly conceived pun

Yeah, replace Shotty Snipers…with Mythic Shotty Snipers!

> 2535455681930574;5:
> > 2533274923562209;2:
> > > 2535455681930574;1:
> > > Halo 5 was known for having very little content for a long time after launch. After Monitor’s Bounty, halo 5 had the most out of any halo game. I know we still have a lot of playlists, but it just feels like we’re slowly going back in reverse to when there wasn’t a whole lot of content. ske7ch, Unyshek, you can remove some playlists if you want, but please just replace them with something else (yes I know it’s necessarily you who make the decisions, but you can still relay this).
> >
> > Having the most playlists doesn’t equate to the most content. Btb in previous games were more than just slayer, ctf, and strongholds. You also had one flag ctf, btb heavies, assault(back then called bomb, multi-bomb), VIP, territories, stockpile, etc etc. slayer playlists that had regicide, VIP, headhunters, oddball, king of the hill, etc etc. what does halo 5 have? Just plain old slayer (and the occasional covie slayer like now) with nothing else in matchmaking. Halo 5 may have the most playlists, but it’s far from actual variety compared to previous games.
> >
> > getting past that I’ll agree with you on 343 needing to try other things rather than removing stuff entirely and not replacing it with anything else. I understand people use the saying “it spreads out the population” but ultimately I disagree with it, and even if true I wouldn’t care as people should still be given the chance to try a playlist even if it’s pretty much empty as it’s still an option at the few times there are enough playing it, if it’s empty then they can go play a different playlist and maybe later the original one they wanted might have players in it.
>
> Considering the customs browser, which essentially provides an unlimited amount of content, the forge and mini games feature, Warzone, and the fact that halo 5 has the most playlists out of any halo game, I’d say it doesn’t matter if Reach had more gametypes in a single playlist.
>
> I agree with your second paragraph though.

Customs and Forge don’t matter to most Halo 5 players as they are more interested in Matchmaking, which ShadowAngel is correct, there is no variety, it’s just regular slayer.

> 2533274923562209;6:
> > 2535455681930574;5:
> > > 2533274923562209;2:
> > > > 2535455681930574;1:
> > > > Halo 5 was known for having very little content for a long time after launch. After Monitor’s Bounty, halo 5 had the most out of any halo game. I know we still have a lot of playlists, but it just feels like we’re slowly going back in reverse to when there wasn’t a whole lot of content. ske7ch, Unyshek, you can remove some playlists if you want, but please just replace them with something else (yes I know it’s necessarily you who make the decisions, but you can still relay this).
> > >
> > > Having the most playlists doesn’t equate to the most content. Btb in previous games were more than just slayer, ctf, and strongholds. You also had one flag ctf, btb heavies, assault(back then called bomb, multi-bomb), VIP, territories, stockpile, etc etc. slayer playlists that had regicide, VIP, headhunters, oddball, king of the hill, etc etc. what does halo 5 have? Just plain old slayer (and the occasional covie slayer like now) with nothing else in matchmaking. Halo 5 may have the most playlists, but it’s far from actual variety compared to previous games.
> > >
> > > getting past that I’ll agree with you on 343 needing to try other things rather than removing stuff entirely and not replacing it with anything else. I understand people use the saying “it spreads out the population” but ultimately I disagree with it, and even if true I wouldn’t care as people should still be given the chance to try a playlist even if it’s pretty much empty as it’s still an option at the few times there are enough playing it, if it’s empty then they can go play a different playlist and maybe later the original one they wanted might have players in it.
> >
> > Considering the customs browser, which essentially provides an unlimited amount of content, the forge and mini games feature, Warzone, and the fact that halo 5 has the most playlists out of any halo game, I’d say it doesn’t matter if Reach had more gametypes in a single playlist.
> >
> > I agree with your second paragraph though.
>
> The thing is custom games do not provide what actual matchmaking does. Lack of ranks, stat tracking, and the need babysit Lobbies with no actual matchmaking parameter to it. I’ve never been a fan of customs in previous games and I’m not in h5. I don’t know if custom games and forge is really an arguement since previous games had it as well, the only difference is h5 has the server that shows who is playing what (and unfortunately most people play ridiculous goofy game types, not the stuff I’d play like oddball or KotH, etc ect. Plus h5s forge cant make certain gametypes like past games (although it has expanded on making maps move and such and feel different than what previous games did).
>
> ive argued it since launch, and I still stick to it now, h5s lack of variety in terms of gamemodes really hurts for me, the high playlist count means nothing if I’m having to jump around them so much due to getting bored of playing slayer 3 times with no other variations and then jumping into assault a few games with no variation, then going skirmish/team arena with only 3 game modes for a whole year and a half (like seriously, look at what real objective/slayer variant playlists had in the last, they had much more than just 3 modes).
>
> That’s h5s biggest flaw, it can’t keep me in a playlist like past games cuz it can’t give that variety of options to make me. Custom games also don’t offer what matchmaking does so it’s a horrible substitute. I will say since launch its lack of variety has improved compared to when everyone brought it up at launch, but my stance on it hasn’t changed, plus I think some confuse playlists with only one or two modes as variety when past games multiple playlists had 4+ modes each.

I don’t think you’re giving the customs browser enough credit. So what if it doesn’t have ranks (it’s basically a social mode) of give you XP. It’s matchmaking for custom games, letting you play tons of customs whenever you want. The fact that halo 5’s forge can do sooo much more than previous games and that customs finally have matchmaking is what gives them so much content. Just because there aren’t as many gamemodes in the playlists doesn’t mean halo 5 isn’t the biggest. Everything else balances and surpasses that.

> 2535455681930574;11:
> > 2533274923562209;6:
> > > 2535455681930574;5:
> > > > 2533274923562209;2:
> > > > > 2535455681930574;1:
> > > > > Halo 5 was known for having very little content for a long time after launch. After Monitor’s Bounty, halo 5 had the most out of any halo game. I know we still have a lot of playlists, but it just feels like we’re slowly going back in reverse to when there wasn’t a whole lot of content. ske7ch, Unyshek, you can remove some playlists if you want, but please just replace them with something else (yes I know it’s necessarily you who make the decisions, but you can still relay this).
> > > >
> > > > Having the most playlists doesn’t equate to the most content. Btb in previous games were more than just slayer, ctf, and strongholds. You also had one flag ctf, btb heavies, assault(back then called bomb, multi-bomb), VIP, territories, stockpile, etc etc. slayer playlists that had regicide, VIP, headhunters, oddball, king of the hill, etc etc. what does halo 5 have? Just plain old slayer (and the occasional covie slayer like now) with nothing else in matchmaking. Halo 5 may have the most playlists, but it’s far from actual variety compared to previous games.
> > > >
> > > > getting past that I’ll agree with you on 343 needing to try other things rather than removing stuff entirely and not replacing it with anything else. I understand people use the saying “it spreads out the population” but ultimately I disagree with it, and even if true I wouldn’t care as people should still be given the chance to try a playlist even if it’s pretty much empty as it’s still an option at the few times there are enough playing it, if it’s empty then they can go play a different playlist and maybe later the original one they wanted might have players in it.
> > >
> > > Considering the customs browser, which essentially provides an unlimited amount of content, the forge and mini games feature, Warzone, and the fact that halo 5 has the most playlists out of any halo game, I’d say it doesn’t matter if Reach had more gametypes in a single playlist.
> > >
> > > I agree with your second paragraph though.
> >
> > The thing is custom games do not provide what actual matchmaking does. Lack of ranks, stat tracking, and the need babysit Lobbies with no actual matchmaking parameter to it. I’ve never been a fan of customs in previous games and I’m not in h5. I don’t know if custom games and forge is really an arguement since previous games had it as well, the only difference is h5 has the server that shows who is playing what (and unfortunately most people play ridiculous goofy game types, not the stuff I’d play like oddball or KotH, etc ect. Plus h5s forge cant make certain gametypes like past games (although it has expanded on making maps move and such and feel different than what previous games did).
> >
> > ive argued it since launch, and I still stick to it now, h5s lack of variety in terms of gamemodes really hurts for me, the high playlist count means nothing if I’m having to jump around them so much due to getting bored of playing slayer 3 times with no other variations and then jumping into assault a few games with no variation, then going skirmish/team arena with only 3 game modes for a whole year and a half (like seriously, look at what real objective/slayer variant playlists had in the last, they had much more than just 3 modes).
> >
> > That’s h5s biggest flaw, it can’t keep me in a playlist like past games cuz it can’t give that variety of options to make me. Custom games also don’t offer what matchmaking does so it’s a horrible substitute. I will say since launch its lack of variety has improved compared to when everyone brought it up at launch, but my stance on it hasn’t changed, plus I think some confuse playlists with only one or two modes as variety when past games multiple playlists had 4+ modes each.
>
> I don’t think you’re giving the customs browser enough credit. So what if it doesn’t have ranks (it’s basically a social mode) of give you XP. It’s matchmaking for custom games, letting you play tons of customs whenever you want. The fact that halo 5’s forge can do sooo much more than previous games and that customs finally have matchmaking is what gives them so much content. Just because there aren’t as many gamemodes in the playlists doesn’t mean halo 5 isn’t the biggest. Everything else balances and surpasses that.

I used to think way more people played matchmaking instead of customs, but my outlook on that has changed a lot. I still think more people use matchmaking over customs, but no where near the percentage I though before.

You see, most of my “real life” friends as I call them lol that I used to play Halo with have either left halo 5 (for numerous reasons) or are just too busy to play. Because of this if I wanted to play with the team (4-4, 8-8 etc) I had to go meet new people. Over the course of the last, I’d say 12 months, I’ve met a lot of people (nice to know there are still good people out there on the internet lol) and the number one thing that shocked me was I couldn’t believe how many of them play or wanted to play customs! Me and my “real life” friends only did customs over LAN (still did until 343I removed it from Halo 5 :frowning: bring back LAN please!!! ) But everyone I was meeting was all over it. I could chalk it up to a quinncidence if it was only two or three people but I now play with about 15-25 people roughly and I’d say 75% of them absolutely love playing customs.

I know this is just my experience, but I definitely think custom games and the custom browser is a lot more popular than what people (including myself) think.

> 2535455681930574;1:
> When Monitor’s Bounty released, it was amazing to have received 19-20 playlists. Then we had the week with Warzone Warlords, and the playlist count was bumped up to 20-21 playlists. This was the most number of playlists we’ve ever had in a halo game, and it was amazing.
>
> Then shotty snipers and Triple Team was removed in favor of assault. Not ideal, but I could see the logic behind removing them, as they were a little redundant. This gave us 18-19 playlists.
>
> Now team snipers is being removed, which is a bad move IMO. We need at least one snipers playlist for the snipers community, regardless of the population. The die-hard team snipers players probably wouldn’t care about the wait times as long as it was in matchmaking. For all gamemodes, many wouldn’t care about the wait times as long as it was in matchmaking. If the population for a playlist is so bad that you have to remove that playlist, replace it with another one. This would lessen the impact of having that playlist removed while keeping the playlist number the same and giving us something fresh.
>
> Halo 5 was known for having very little content for a long time after launch. After Monitor’s Bounty, halo 5 had the most out of any halo game. I know we still have a lot of playlists, but it just feels like we’re slowly going back in reverse to when there wasn’t a whole lot of content. ske7ch, Unyshek, you can remove some playlists if you want, but please just replace them with something else (yes I know it’s necessarily you who make the decisions, but you can still relay this).

I hear what your saying and I can see both sides to be honest. I wasn’t happy at all how Doubles wasn’t in off the bat and then it keep getting removed there for a while. I’m glad it’s finally here to stay (I hope) Now personally, Team Snipers isn’t my favorite, but I know it is for someone and I feel for them for sure. It’s hard when your favorite playlist goes bye bye, but I do think more of those types of game types will be played in customs now.

I think the way things are right now is pretty good actually. The only playlist I’d like to see is a Team Objective playlist in social. I’m all for going into customs and looking for an oddball game or something, but a lot of the times I want to play objective just in general, I don’t care what it is. That’s where I wish there was a playlist. I agree with UEG ShadowAngel that Halo 5 lack of playlist variety, especially at launch, really hurt the game. Yes it’s better now, but still… I definitely think all key playlists from past Halo games (we all know what the BIG ones were) need to be in at launch. I still think Strongholds is a poor excuse for KOTH too :rofl:

I’ll also add, If and only if, having a few less playlists makes the servers run better, then I’m all for a few less playlists.

Obviously nobody remembers halo 3 with its 5,000 playlists and only 5 or 6 actually had players in them.

> 2533274950960631;14:
> Obviously nobody remembers halo 3 with its 5,000 playlists and only 5 or 6 actually had players in them.

Halo 3 had a max of 14 playlists.

Yes!

Lol no Snipers. Wth.

I only played Shotty Snipers and Triple Team, now they are gone I have gone stale on H5. I mean it takes like a hour to get a game in any gamemode now, what’s the point in just taking stuff out? Damn, 343 can you just leave things lol, you guys are about as consistent as my gameplay.

> 2535462333594080;17:
> Lol no Snipers. Wth.
>
> I only played Shotty Snipers and Triple Team, now they are gone I have gone stale on H5. I mean it takes like a hour to get a game in any gamemode now, what’s the point in just taking stuff out? Damn, 343 can you just leave things lol, you guys are about as consistent as my gameplay.

Gameplay reasoning for me, it’s on and off too lmao

Thanks for making a forum about this. I think exactly the same thing. Just because a playlist is low in population, doesn’t mean that everyone is going to stop playing that playlist. I recently got into snipers, and even though I suck with the sniper rifle, it’s still fun to play just to see how many times I can shoot players without missing my shots. I can see why it shouldn’t be removed, because all the other halo’s had this playlist.