Don't release on date - release when ready!!!

Have 343 learned nothing?

MCC was busted because it was released on a date, not when it was ready. Now six months out, they are set to do it all again with Halo 5. :frowning:

Get ready for weekly content updates while they “normalize and improved matchmaking”.

They’ll release it whenever they want to.

Remember when it was set for a release date of 2014? Yea, they changed it.

It’s gonna be fine xD

If you’ve played to the Beta, you should know that the game is already working well

343 caught so much flak for the MCC. If they make a similar mistake again, I’ll eat my hat.

> 2533274837998235;5:
> If you’ve played to the Beta, you should know that the game is already working well

famous last words

It was originally set for 2014. They DID push it back, also no the release date is set, and lol has been.

That halo 5 beta files size being the release date was a crazy easter egg!

> 2533274932659213;3:
> Remember when it was set for a release date of 2014? Yea, they changed it.

> 2533275023169910;8:
> It was originally set for 2014. They DID push it back, also no the release date is set, and lol has been.
>
> That halo 5 beta files size being the release date was a crazy easter egg!

No, Halo 5 was never supposed to release in 2014. The date was telling us that there will be a Halo game released in 2014. They could never release in 2 years. Also, the E3 trailer would have been more if the date was 2014.

Also, everyone needs a due date. Otherwise they’ll never complete the game on time. Now they estimated and are striving for October 27th.

> 2533274837998235;5:
> If you’ve played to the Beta, you should know that the game is already working well

I played the beta so no it wasn’t working perfectly like you’re making out…I recall walking around in Pink armour when my customisation claimed it was in black.

Halo’s place date is always in October/September. Its usually released in November anyway look, Halo 1, 2, 4, and MCC were released in November. Halo 3, ODST, and Reach were in September. So I honestly think it will either be pushed up to September or back to November.

There is no final release date, if its not ready and the deadline is coming up they will (or should) extend the date and delay the game.

The Beta played better than TMCC did at launch (Sadly LOL), its been how many months after? Plus they have much more time to work on it. takes 3-5 to run through production I believe…? So I believe we are good.

-implying it won’t be ready at that date-
-implying it won’t ever be ready if they announce a release date-

> 2533274949519653;1:
> Have 343 learned nothing?
>
> MCC was busted because it was released on a date, not when it was ready. Now six months out, they are set to do it all again with Halo 5. :frowning:
>
> Get ready for weekly content updates while they “normalize and improved matchmaking”.

Misguided hate is misguided. We have to reason to believe Halo 5 won’t be ready by October, you’re just jumping on the 343i hate bandwagon because of MCC (which we all admit was a disaster) but they are completely different entities. If your biggest complaint about the way the beta functioned was that sometimes your black armor was pink then it sounds like we’re going to be in pretty good shape.

> 2533274829873463;10:
> > 2533274837998235;5:
> > If you’ve played to the Beta, you should know that the game is already working well
>
>
> I played the beta so no it wasn’t working perfectly like you’re making out…I recall walking around in Pink armour when my customisation claimed it was in black.

ronnie… can I call you ron?.. it’s not pink, it is called lightish red. You don’t want to offend our favorite pastry-named character from RvB.

Lol, go call the armor color pink all you want, because I don’t really care. I don’t watch RvB for Donut.

> 2533274829873463;10:
> > 2533274837998235;5:
> > If you’ve played to the Beta, you should know that the game is already working well
>
>
> I played the beta so no it wasn’t working perfectly like you’re making out…I recall walking around in Pink armour when my customisation claimed it was in black.

Hmm… I suppose 343 can’t fix a simple bug in 5+ months.

And, yes the Beta had issues, but your example was terrible.

> 2533274974596436;17:
> > 2533274829873463;10:
> > > 2533274837998235;5:
> > > If you’ve played to the Beta, you should know that the game is already working well
> >
> >
> >
> > I played the beta so no it wasn’t working perfectly like you’re making out…I recall walking around in Pink armour when my customisation claimed it was in black.
>
>
> Hmm… I suppose 343 can’t fix a simple bug in 5+ months.
>
> And, yes the Beta had issues, but your example was terrible.

Yeah, but when in doubt strawman.

> 2533274915643658;16:
> > 2533274829873463;10:
> > > 2533274837998235;5:
> > > If you’ve played to the Beta, you should know that the game is already working well
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I played the beta so no it wasn’t working perfectly like you’re making out…I recall walking around in Pink armour when my customisation claimed it was in black.
>
>
>
>
> ronnie… can I call you ron?.. it’s not pink, it is called lightish red. You don’t want to offend our favorite pastry-named character from RvB.
>
> Lol, go call the armor color pink all you want, because I don’t really care. I don’t watch RvB for Donut.

I really don’t care if I forgot exactly what colour it was but either way it was BROKEN here.

> 2533274974596436;17:
> > 2533274829873463;10:
> > > 2533274837998235;5:
> > > If you’ve played to the Beta, you should know that the game is already working well
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I played the beta so no it wasn’t working perfectly like you’re making out…I recall walking around in Pink armour when my customisation claimed it was in black.
>
>
>
>
> Hmm… I suppose 343 can’t fix a simple bug in 5+ months.
>
> And, yes the Beta had issues, but your example was terrible.

A simple bug?, they can’t even get basic things like custom games to work 4-5 months later after release and yet you’re defending them over something that they are frequently getting hassle for something they have not being able to do for nearly 4-5 months. Anyone can make a simple texture swap in Photoshop but clearly it’s not that simple since it’s down to the programming which has been well known that 343i has problems with. Either you’re joking about ‘my example’ or you literally have no clue how complicated an issue like this can be and how much work 1 person can be doing, I know because I work in the games industry.
Or how about the other bug where a friend can pull you into a game without the need to accept/decline. But here’s a few others.

> 2533274829873463;19:
> > 2533274915643658;16:
> > > 2533274829873463;10:
> > > > 2533274837998235;5:
> > > > If you’ve played to the Beta, you should know that the game is already working well
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I played the beta so no it wasn’t working perfectly like you’re making out…I recall walking around in Pink armour when my customisation claimed it was in black.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ronnie… can I call you ron?.. it’s not pink, it is called lightish red. You don’t want to offend our favorite pastry-named character from RvB.
> >
> > Lol, go call the armor color pink all you want, because I don’t really care. I don’t watch RvB for Donut.
>
>
>
>
> I really don’t care if I forgot exactly what colour it was but either way it was BROKEN here.
>
>
>
> > 2533274974596436;17:
> > > 2533274829873463;10:
> > > > 2533274837998235;5:
> > > > If you’ve played to the Beta, you should know that the game is already working well
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I played the beta so no it wasn’t working perfectly like you’re making out…I recall walking around in Pink armour when my customisation claimed it was in black.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Hmm… I suppose 343 can’t fix a simple bug in 5+ months.
> >
> > And, yes the Beta had issues, but your example was terrible.
>
>
> A simple bug?, they can’t even get basic things like custom games to work 4-5 months later after release and yet you’re defending them over something that they are frequently getting hassle for something they have not being able to do for nearly 4-5 months. Anyone can make a simple texture swap in Photoshop but clearly it’s not that simple since it’s down to the programming which has been well known that 343i has problems with. Either you’re joking about ‘my example’ or you literally have no clue how complicated an issue like this can be and how much work 1 person can be doing, I know because I work in the games industry.

Bruh, was just making a joke. haha haha.