Don't release info about the campaign

Please 343, don’t release videos or info about the campaign (either achievements). When I had Halo 4 in my hands and was playing the campaign, sometimes I was like: “this is what we saw in that video”. I haven’t had this feeling in the previous games (except Halo 3 ODST).

I think all fans agree with this, and prefer info about Forge and Multiplayer :smiley:

Maybe just a vidoc of showing how much hard work you put into the game, other then that I agree op when I saw the didacts symbol I didnt feel the suspense nor the suspense as much when he “woke up” from his cryptum cuz we saw his cryptum in the videos.

I’m fine with them showing campaign footage as long as it doesn’t contain any major spoilers. All in all though, I would prefer to see more MP centric footage instead.

I would really like to see the direction they are taking with Halo 5.

[deleted]

Oh, I agree completely. With Halo 4, they did an excellent job at spoiling the whole game prior to its release, telling us all the intricate details all over the place without giving a care. In an interview with Frankie, which I believe was shown in a Bulletin, somebody asked how the Prometheans and Covenant were different from one another in the way we fight them. What’s the first thing that Frankie goes and says? He tells us that the Covenant and Prometheans team up later on in the game… Not only is that not answering the questions, it’s a rather huge spoiler…

I hated how they told us about every single enemy beforehand as well. Bungie never did that in the original trilogy, they always kept a lot of surprises before releasing the game. With Halo 1, they kept the Flood as a whole a surprise for players. With Halo 2, there were the Heretics and, to a lesser extent, the Flood driving vehicles around and the Sentinel Enforcers. Halo 3? They never said anything about the Flood Pure forms, I was surprised to see those the first time.

And Halo 4? What was surprising about the Prometheans? Well… I suppose… Errr… Nothing… I knew exactly what I was gonna be facing, and that was with going dark about the game 3-4 months prior to release.

This time around, I hope they shut their mouths and let the mysteries of the plot, new enemies and whatnot remain mysteries until we play the actual game.

Oops, sorry, double post. Ignore this!

I would actually like to know what the plot is.

> I would actually like to know what the plot is.

They can give us a some details, but not giving us any huge details like they did with Halo 4. What did we know about Halo 3 before the game came out? That we were going to finish the fight and that we were most likely gonna rescue Cortana somehow. We didn’t know what the Ark was and that we’d be going there, we didn’t know that there’d be another Halo, we didn’t know that we’d end up being stranded in space.

With Halo 4, anybody who was on the forums and/or read the books knew that we’d be fighting the Didact, that the Prometheans were composed people (though I must admit, I thought they were composed Forerunners, not composed humans, only surprise of the whole game). We knew that the Covenant and Prometheans would become buddies, and we knew that Chief was gonna reunite with the UNSC and get back to Earth. For the next game, I was the level of knowledge to be the same as Halo 3, if not less. I want to be surprised when I play the game, all while being able to enjoy the pre-release hype and info, as I could with past Halo games.

>

That’s all fine and dandy, but I don’t want a total blackout like the OP suggested. They can give details. Not too many, but nothing at all is stupid.

As long as they don’t flat out confirm who the main antagonist is before the game comes out, I don’t mind seeing Campaign info.

If they’re gonna put it in a Bulletin then for the love of god, please slap some spoiler tags in there. I remember Frankie doing an interview with some website and he flat out says: Yup, the Didact is the ancient evil.

Really?

I’m already skeptical about buying the Xbox One itself, I need more reasons to buy it and a solid Campaign and of course multiplayer would seal it up for me.

I`d prefer they make a Vidoc like the first “Making Halo 4”. That only really showed a few clips of Chiefs new armor,some from matchmaking, and only talk about what they have in mind rather than state outright whats going to happen.

It was ok until 343 revealed the Didact as the main antagonist. The scene where he awakens would have been a great surprise had it not already been revealed.

As I always say in these circumstances: go dark if you want to avoid spoilers. I love finding out as much about a game as I can going in, spoilers and all. However, it also very easy to avoid any spoilers at all. All it takes is self-control.

Give some detail as time nears release, but definetly keep the main mysteries under wraps.

> As I always say in these circumstances: go dark if you want to avoid spoilers. I love finding out as much about a game as I can going in, spoilers and all. However, it also very easy to avoid any spoilers at all. All it takes is self-control.

Some people do like learning about the game without being told everything that’s going to happen though.

You can watch like everything halo 3 video and not know that there’s a halo ring being built on the Ark, or even that the ark isn’t the portal generator

The flood was a complete surprise in h1. The only trailer in all of halo the flood show up in is very, very brief moments in the CEA trailer.

The only thing we knew about h2’s plot is that earth as being attacked, and the severity was massively toned down in-game.

Meanwhile, CEA and novels started heavily hinting at the didact so blatently that a lot of people thought he was going to be a red herring. Then we get a thorough breakdown of the prometheans before the game comes out, and there’s nothing left.

Self-control is good, but its hard to tell how much is actually being spoiled before you get the game.

I want video’s like bungie. They gave us what we wanted, but without spoiling anyting. Here are few of faves!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbjvIrqu6RQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRFfYoLm-QA

I agree that they shouldn’t release info like they did for Halo 4.
We saw all the new enemies in one 5-10 minute demo with the Didact’s symbol shown at the end.
It didn’t help that 343i showed part of their script in a vidoc confirming the Didact.
We knew everything about the Infinity and Spartan 4s.
Heck, we even knew about the Composer thanks to the achievements.

The only surprise I got was the Librarian and what a Forerunner really looked like.

Yeah they had lots of things in videos that never made it to the final game. They make things look better and when you buy it you get screwed. Betas are usually better then the final game or they always have something special that for some reason “doesn’t make it”. They lost my trust

you know you don’t have to click on the campaign videos right ?

> I`d prefer they make a Vidoc like the first “Making Halo 4”. That only really showed a few clips of Chiefs new armor,some from matchmaking, and only talk about what they have in mind rather than state outright whats going to happen.

Agree

I.did enjoy the First Look video for Halo 4. Didn’t show too much, gave us a nice teaser instead if 3/4s of a pie.