Don't put camo as an AA ever again. Ever.

Active Camo is by far the most annoying, most outrageous of armour abilities in Halo, and to have it as a loadout option is criminal. Having no descope that helps ranged weapons dominate and nullify almost every other weapon is one thing, but to pick up a sniper and just turn invisible? There’s something wrong there.

Even when it’s not paired with a sniper or a DMR, Active Camo is a horrible armour ability. It promotes camping, slows down the game pace, and helps get quick and easy kills that Halo 3 attempted to stop. It begs the question - why even bother reducing the shotgun ammo to only 6 shots? Why even bother reducing the sword lunge? It seems meaningless if you can just wait around the corner with an assault rifle, and spray your enemy while you’re crouching in the corner, with invisibility on? It is essentially the same thing.

343, please, please, please take it out. And only ever bring it back in if it’s implemented like Halo 2 and 3.

At least I should be thankful that Overshield is not a loadout option. But I will not hold my breath.

I feel the same way for the Jetpack. Ruins map control, incredible immediate height advantage, and slow vertical sensitivity. It just doesn’t work.

Camo as a powerup needs to return. Also, Jetpack gone would be nice… Or maybe… We just scrap the all old armor abilities and start from scratch with new stuff? :smiley:

After playing the titanfall beta, I got to use the sniper and the cloak at once. The thing about it though is that when you use cloak, the crosshairs of your scope go away and you can’t aim. Respawn actually considered what people would do with cloak and a sniper rifle and balanced accordingly, while 343 just threw it in the game, which shows either how distant they are from the gameplay, that they didn’t care, or just didn’t think people would do it. They were wrong.

I miss Active Camouflage powerups.

Active Camo will most likely remain as an Armor Ability, but as an AC user, I feel that it should be a Map Pickup or Personal Ord. Not to start off in WG/MM. However, I think it should still be available as part of Custom Loadouts, ONLY in Customs.

the cruelest way to ruin cloak would be to make cloak work similar to the immobilized and crouched stance that armor lock had.

remove the radar jamming effect as well and then when someone wants to cloak they can’t move or shoot, just hide.

I never understood why camo became an AA. Really hope the camo can go back to being a power up that has to be timed.

Active Camo should become an on map pick up and the jet pack, since it’s been mentioned so much, should be replaced by a jump pack which basically acts as a double jump mechanism.

I came up with some ideas that pertain to this.

For Halo 5 there should be four different pickups available depending on which map.

There should be overshields, active camo, damage boost, and a new forth ability that works like promethean vision and lasts 30-45 seconds from when it is picked up.

In suggesting this I’m also saying that camo and promethean vision should both be discarded as armor abilities entirely.

> After playing the titanfall beta, I got to use the sniper and the cloak at once. The thing about it though is that when you use cloak, the crosshairs of your scope go away and you can’t aim. Respawn actually considered what people would do with cloak and a sniper rifle and balanced accordingly, while 343 just threw it in the game, which shows either how distant they are from the gameplay, that they didn’t care, or just didn’t think people would do it. They were wrong.

Titanfall really does that, huh? That is a pretty smart solution.

> After playing the titanfall beta, I got to use the sniper and the cloak at once. The thing about it though is that when you use cloak, the crosshairs of your scope go away and you can’t aim.

Wait, in the end, how would the absence of crosshairs prevent you from aiming at a target? Yeah, it would make it somewhat harder, but you can just get good at lining up your target in the center of your screen.

> > After playing the titanfall beta, I got to use the sniper and the cloak at once. The thing about it though is that when you use cloak, the crosshairs of your scope go away and you can’t aim.
>
> Wait, in the end, how would the absence of crosshairs prevent you from aiming at a target? Yeah, it would make it somewhat harder, but you can just get good at lining up your target in the center of your screen.

Have you ever played with the blind skull on? Harder than you think especially in a competitive setting.

> > > After playing the titanfall beta, I got to use the sniper and the cloak at once. The thing about it though is that when you use cloak, the crosshairs of your scope go away and you can’t aim.
> >
> > Wait, in the end, how would the absence of crosshairs prevent you from aiming at a target? Yeah, it would make it somewhat harder, but you can just get good at lining up your target in the center of your screen.
>
> Have you ever played with the blind skull on? Harder than you think especially in a competitive setting.

I think it’s called “transparent tape and some black string”.

I’d also like to see Camo as a map pickup, then again, I want all AA’s to be map pickups.

Like I’ve said about every Armor Ability: make them more optional to core gameplay rather than essential, and give them proper buffs, and possibly their own settings menus in custom gametype options.

In my own personal opinion, Armor Abilities seem to be either annoying or map-breaking, at least in comparison to the more optional equipment in Halo 3 that offered positive aspects such as team support.

I agree with all that has been said in regards to the map/game-breaking aspects of the AAs. But while I agree with you, I also understand the mindset of 343. They could have made H4 an amazing classic style Halo. Instead, they went another way. It’s their baby; thus, it’s their right to do so. They know how unhappy the fans of the trilogy are about the changes implemented in the past couple of Halo games. I don’t recall many people begging for load-outs, perks, and all of the other random junk that was added, but they did it anyway. Their attitude seems to be, “we don’t care if anyone wants it. They’ll learn to like it. We’re going to make Halo a wacky zany fun time for everybody.” The first time I played infinity slayer, it felt more like a game of fiesta slayer with all of the random ordinance drops and such. Not trying to be negative here… I’m just convinced that they will not give us a real Halo game again. If I want to play with perks, load-outs, and general imbalance, there are plenty of other shooters out there that already do that (arguably better).

TLDR: They don’t listen to us, and if they do, they simply don’t care. You’ll get the game they want to make, not the one you want to play. :slight_smile:

I agree with the masses, AAs should be map pickups only.

Not only does it stop every person from exploiting off of spawn with camo / jet pack… but it also promotes team play for map control. It quietly kills two birds with one stone.

Another fix that dropping AA, perks and abilities (or whatever everything is called) is it prevents people (like myself) from spawning with a DMR AND a BR. I like having to kill people and getting their weapons and / or battling my way to the power weapon spawns and trying to control the map.

Primary weapons and grenade type should be the only selectable options for ‘loadouts’ IMO. (I don’t think stickies are OP at all without PP, and they are fun to use).

Also, the obvious, drop anything ‘kill streak’ related from Halo. This is not COD.

Seriously they are not hard to see.

> Seriously they are not hard to see.

Not when they invisible on the other side of a large map.

It needs to be a power up again. And Power ups need to return. Don’t have them as just ordinance. And get rid of ordinance. I’m going off topic now so I’ma stop