Don't pre-order Halo 5.

…Or whatever else it will be called, once they decide on a name for it.

Let me clear this up immediately, I’m not telling you to not buy the next Halo game. Just don’t pre-order it, don’t get it on release night, don’t even buy it within the first week of its life cycle.

Learn everything there is to know about this game. Watch post-release gameplay footage of it on YouTube. Learn everything there is to know about this game, and if it’s not what you want, what 343 should give to us, what we want them to give to us, then no matter how tempting it looks, no matter what cool features they introduce (60 FPS, dedicated servers, awesome campaign, whatever), just don’t get it.

If it turns out that they kept AAs, sprint, loadouts, every other “modernized” aspect of Halo 4, etc. at the core of its gameplay, then hold their feet to the fire. Don’t let them get away with what they’re doing to this franchise. Make them earn the title of “Halo developer.”

Keep them to their word. If they don’t give us what we truly want, let the next Halo fail. If they haven’t learned from their mistakes this time around, and I mean ALL of their mistakes, then, dare I say it, this is the only way to save Halo. Nothing else will get the message through their heads that this is not what we want, if they’ve decided to keep the failed aspects of this game throughout the rest of franchise, unless we collectively agree to let this next one fail.

Meanwhile, if they DO give us what we want, then great! Assuming you’re getting an Xbox One, go out and buy it immediately, as I’m sure it will be a blast, and I’ll hope that it sells more copies than any Halo game ever has before it. Just don’t pre-order it, don’t buy it on release, and don’t buy it the week of release, no matter how much you want to. I ask of you. I beg of you.

They told us they were going to bring Halo back to its roots.

They better do it for real this time around.

Spread the word, people.

how about if you want it buy it. if you do not, dont. i will buy it pre release. i dont care what anyone else’s opinion is on it. really though, you are speaking about a game that you know 0% about.

and have you played it recently? the TU feels very halo like to many people.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Or people could just buy it becuase they want to and do care and its easy to cancel a pre-order

<mark>Moderator please lock this pointless thread</mark>

I’ll preorder whatever I want thank you

I really want classic Halo back, I REALLY WANT IT BACK.

But that’s not going to happen, even if most people want it, it won’t happen. And I’ll buy whatever game I want.

You realize if nobody gets it on release day, nobody will know if it’s good or not, right? Just because you regret pre-ordering Halo 4 doesn’t mean nobody should get Halo 5 on release day. People can do what they want. This one thread is going to affect what anyone does.

While Halo 4 does have its flaws, I do still enjoy playing it, loved the story and very much look forward to playing Halo 5. I will be pre-ordering it without a doubt.

this post is filled with a lot of fail

I pre-ordered Halo 4 for the Locus helmet code.
I turned around and sold the Locus for 40 bucks.
I basically just got Halo 4 on release date for $20.
Pre-ordering is great.

What if I’m willing to pay 60 dollars for the campaign itself o.0

…and Custom Games (even though it has been watered down)?

Good lord, did none of you get my point?

Here, let me lay it out simply, since you people just don’t seem to be getting me.

Don’t buy it before you know that it’s what you want.

Is that simple enough for all of you?

>

You’ll need more formatting than that if you want a moderator’s attention.

> >
>
> You’ll need more formatting than that if you want a moderator’s attention.

Or you could just, you know, press the Report button. Just report it, and they’ll take care of it soon enough if they think it needs to be locked.

> > > <mark>Moderator please lock this pointless thread</mark>
> >
> > You’ll need more formatting than that if you want a moderator’s attention.
>
> Or you could just, you know, press the Report button. Just report it, and they’ll take care of it soon enough if they think it needs to be locked.

That would be silly and efficient.

Every single post other than the opening post is being INCREDIBLY closed-minded and COMPLETELY misunderstanding the meaning of this thread.

343 at this point could just say screw you all, we got ure money, we dont care if u dnt like the game. They could also make the incorrect assumption and think the game was a success because they sold so many.

Now, if Halo 5 looks to be even worse than Halo 4 and everybody still buys it, its a MASSIVE misdirection towards an analysis of the success of the game.

Now if the game looks horrible and nobody buys it, 343 are gonna be like dam whats goin on, it would be an enormous wake up call for them and maybe one they need.

Scrolling down ill say El Tigre literally none of them get it which to me is incredibly impressive that humans have the potential to be so dim. I get your point completely. Only an idiot would pre order at this point. Its basically like pre ordering an item you dont even know any details about so for all the people know, they may get a rubiks cube in the post with the 60 dollars they payed.

Imagine pre ordering halo 5 and getting a game that doesnt even have master chief in. USE YOUR BRAINS MY FELLOW HUMAN PEOPLES

> Good lord, did none of you get my point?
>
> Here, let me lay it out simply, since you people just don’t seem to be getting me.
>
>
>
> Don’t buy it before you know that it’s what you want.
>
>
>
> Is that simple enough for all of you?

A lot of rudeness in the forums today…
People knew exactly what they were getting for Halo 4.

But Some of us buy Halo for the campaign too, ya know?

Halo 5 will be the first Halo I don’t pre-order.

> Every single post other than the opening post is being INCREDIBLY closed-minded and COMPLETELY misunderstanding the meaning of this thread.
>
> 343 at this point could just say screw you all, we got ure money, we dont care if u dnt like the game. They could also make the incorrect assumption and think the game was a success because they sold so many.
>
> Now, if Halo 5 looks to be even worse than Halo 4 and everybody still buys it, its a MASSIVE misdirection towards an analysis of the success of the game.
>
> Now if the game looks horrible and nobody buys it, 343 are gonna be like dam whats goin on, it would be an enormous wake up call for them and maybe one they need.
>
> Scrolling down ill say El Tigre literally none of them get it which to me is incredibly impressive that humans have the potential to be so dim. I get your point completely. Only an idiot would pre order at this point. Its basically like pre ordering an item you dont even know any details about so for all the people know, they may get a rubiks cube in the post with the 60 dollars they payed.
>
> Imagine pre ordering halo 5 and getting a game that doesnt even have master chief in. USE YOUR BRAINS MY FELLOW HUMAN PEOPLES

I’m quite sure they don’t mean it that way. I’ts just that it’s too son to make any kind of assumptions about the contents of the game and it’s quality, and well, some people like to have the experience first hand tan to watch it for example in a YouTube walkthought. Sometimes there are things you gotta judge by yourself instead on relying on other people’s opinions.

> Or you could just, you know, press the Report button. Just report it, and they’ll take care of it soon enough if they think it needs to be locked.

Hey, I was constructive.

> Every single post other than the opening post is being INCREDIBLY closed-minded and COMPLETELY misunderstanding the meaning of this thread.
>
> 343 at this point could just say screw you all, we got ure money, we dont care if u dnt like the game. They could also make the incorrect assumption and think the game was a success because they sold so many.
>
> Now, if Halo 5 looks to be even worse than Halo 4 and everybody still buys it, its a MASSIVE misdirection towards an analysis of the success of the game.
>
> Now if the game looks horrible and nobody buys it, 343 are gonna be like dam whats goin on, it would be an enormous wake up call for them and maybe one they need.
>
> Scrolling down ill say El Tigre literally none of them get it which to me is incredibly impressive that humans have the potential to be so dim. I get your point completely. Only an idiot would pre order at this point. Its basically like pre ordering an item you dont even know any details about so for all the people know, they may get a rubiks cube in the post with the 60 dollars they payed.
>
> Imagine pre ordering halo 5 and getting a game that doesnt even have master chief in. USE YOUR BRAINS MY FELLOW HUMAN PEOPLES

THANK you. THAT is exactly what I meant.

> I’m quite sure they don’t mean it that way. I’ts just that it’s too son to make any kind of assumptions about the contents of the game and it’s quality, and well, some people like to have the experience first hand tan to watch it for example in a YouTube walkthought. Sometimes there are things you gotta judge by yourself instead on relying on other people’s opinions.

That’s… sort of my point. The difference between me and you is, that I think anything pre-release is “too soon” now. Seeing post-release footage will help us gauge this game pretty clearly, as it will show us if they kept AAs, loadouts, etc. as the core of its gameplay, like I stated in my first post.

> > Good lord, did none of you get my point?
> >
> > Here, let me lay it out simply, since you people just don’t seem to be getting me.
> >
> >
> >
> > Don’t buy it before you know that it’s what you want.
> >
> >
> >
> > Is that simple enough for all of you?
>
> A lot of rudeness in the forums today…
> People knew exactly what they were getting for Halo 4.
>
>
> But Some of us buy Halo for the campaign too, ya know?

no they did not, mainly due to the poor lack of a beta, the slow down when shot during sprint may sound good on paper but it didnt quite work out did it, just an example of course, 343 and the empty hope they dished out is what made me get the game regardless of my assumptions. wont be making tht mistake again