Don't need a code?

Hey Halo Forums! So I recently got the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition and got Halo Wars: Definitive Edition along with it, and I didn’t see point in having a game I already have on backwards compatibility so I gave it to my buddy! Halo Wars 2 came out last night but I noticed something, my Xbox downloaded Halo Wars: Definitive Edition too… but when I try to play it, it takes me to Halo Wars 2? I know I gave my code away but why are they giving me this weird hoax of a install If it’s not there?

> 2533275013567761;1:
> Hey Halo Forums! So I recently got the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition and got Halo Wars: Definitive Edition along with it, and I didn’t see point in having a game I already have on backwards compatibility so I gave it to my buddy! Halo Wars 2 came out last night but I noticed something, my Xbox downloaded Halo Wars: Definitive Edition too… but when I try to play it, it takes me to Halo Wars 2? I know I gave my code away but why are they giving me this weird hoax of a install If it’s not there?

did you check the download file size, i think its only a place holder as the file is like 10 mb’s large

> 2533274928572671;2:
> > 2533275013567761;1:
> > Hey Halo Forums! So I recently got the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition and got Halo Wars: Definitive Edition along with it, and I didn’t see point in having a game I already have on backwards compatibility so I gave it to my buddy! Halo Wars 2 came out last night but I noticed something, my Xbox downloaded Halo Wars: Definitive Edition too… but when I try to play it, it takes me to Halo Wars 2? I know I gave my code away but why are they giving me this weird hoax of a install If it’s not there?
>
> did you check the download file size, i think its only a place holder as the file is like 10 mb’s large

Oh -Yoink!-, yeah I’ll check, I just wanted to know cause I’m pretty sure I gave the game away, haha!
Will we be able to purchase Halo Wars Definitive Edition when the game comes out for standard edition?

I purchased it and it downloaded the whole proper game straight away.

Definitive Edition and original 360 version are not compatible with each other from what I’ve seen. You just gave away your DE copy :slight_smile:

Yes, you should be able to go back and buy it. Or your friend can at least pitch in since he got a free game from you?