Don't mute us !

It’s a shame more people don’t use mic’s, it’s a team game and it’s far easier to play as a play if you know what everyone is doing.
Those of us with mic’s may swear and talk crap at times but if more people where using them then it’s likely people will talk when needed.

If you don’t have a mic please don’t be to quick to mute everyone else, I swear a a lot but I do call out how many enemy are camped at a base or where the flag carriers going and even if I’m after a gunner or driver ?

An example. We where 950 to 930 but they had 2 bases, I have a Wraith and had one of their base covered I was killing everything in the base but couldn’t leave the Wraith, I was pleading for just one player to grab the base. They took the lead 984 to 985 yet no one was coming and by the time someone had it was too late. Had one person had listened we would have won.
So please don’t mute … buy a mic instead !?

lol Why I mute people

1. Babies crying
  2. Breathers
  3. Chips eater
  4. angry grandma
  5. Whiny 11 year calling other players -Yoink!-
  6. all of the above.
  7. annoying girlfriends that and other people that won’t stop talking
  8. Phone ringing in the background
  9. Kinect users
  10. All of the above.
  11. people blasting music because they think it makes them better. I can’t shoot with my hips moving on my chair and foot tapping to the beat.
  12. Complainers and yellers. My right ear is probably death right now.
  13. People answering their phone, don’t even bother to mute their mic, and we have to listen to their conversation about what party they are going to or where they are going on vacation.
  14. Weird people making weird noises and voices. Gets annoying. Unless you do an australian accent, and talk about the life of Captain Haestro.

The mention reasons above ^^^^^^ … I only mute single player though, I never use the ‘‘mute all’’ function. I am always playing with my mic on, but unfortunately not a lot of player have their mic on and even then, they don’t always use it to make the callouts

> 2533274872647908;3:
> The mention reasons above ^^^^^^ … I only mute single player though, I never use the ‘‘mute all’’ function. I am always playing with my mic on, but unfortunately not a lot of player have their mic on and even then, they don’t always use it to make the callouts

I use the mute all just because I can’t find which person it is

I mute or stay in party chat because:

1.- Squeakers which just learned some new words feel the need to spread the joy every 5 seconds.
2.- Said squeakers seem to be very well versed in the acts of adult interaction as they seem to have done every sort of lewd act with my mother.
3.- People think chat is their personal radio station and blast music through the mic
4.- Other’s think it is their karaoke machine and delight us with their singing skills
5.- Ragers screaming about how their deaths were cheap and how everyone else sucks but them.
6.- Kids/Wife/etc screaming in the BG trying to get the attention of the player
7.- Weird noises that I don’t even want to picture what’s going on on the other side of the mic.
8.- Breather’s that think the mic needs to be close to their mouth/nose to the point they can swallow it.
9.- People eating, seriously do you really think it is nice to hear you stuffing your face?
10.- Knect, ugh so much BG noise.
11.- Insert more reasons from here and beyond.

> 2535409103705542;2:
> > 2533274872647908;3:
> > > 2533274806195358;4:
> > > > 2533274872647908;3:
> > > > The mention reasons above ^^^^^^ … I only mute single player though, I never use the ‘‘mute all’’ function. I am always playing with my mic on, but unfortunately not a lot of player have their mic on and even then, they don’t always use it to make the callouts
> > >
> > >
> > > I use the mute all just because I can’t find which person it is
> >
> >
> > The mention reasons above ^^^^^^ … I only mute single player though, I never use the ‘‘mute all’’ function. I am always playing with my mic on, but unfortunately not a lot of player have their mic on and even then, they don’t always use it to make the callouts
>
>
> lol Why I mute people
> 1. Babies crying
> 2. Breathers
> 3. Chips eater
> 4. angry grandma
> 5. Whiny 11 year calling other players -Yoink!-
> 6. all of the above.
> 7. annoying girlfriends that and other people that won’t stop talking
> 8. Phone ringing in the background
> 9. Kinect users
> 10. All of the above.
> 11. people blasting music because they think it makes them better. I can’t shoot with my hips moving on my chair and foot tapping to the beat.
> 12. Complainers and yellers. My right ear is probably death right now.
> 13. People answering their phone, don’t even bother to mute their mic, and we have to listen to their conversation about what party they are going to or where they are going on vacation.
> 14. Weird people making weird noises and voices. Gets annoying.

What I would do is go to party chat since I play with my friends. But most of the time, other people are rally annoying.

1. you sound too young to play the game: even if you aren’t saying anything annoying I’m too old to be chatting with 12 year olds, its just weird.
  2. Breathers…actually this one applies to real life…YOU ARE SITTING ON THE METRO HOW ARE YOU PANTING FOR BREATH! Muting on the metro is getting up and sitting somewhere else
  3. Eaters…same as breathing, I get you need to do it as a bodily function but I don’t need to hear it…
  4. other people constantly being on the mic or hearing their convos; kids, parents, grandma, roommates. I lived with 3 people at the same time once and we shared a open concept floor, I don’t force you to listen to me talking to my roommates I expect the same.

Fine, I won’t mute you. I’ll just play in a party by myself. Compromise!

I mute for all the reasons mentioned. I wish Kinect didnt work as a mic because i cant stand listening to all that background noise. I have a friend that will hold an entire conversation with his gf or whatever and won’t mute his mic. It drives me nuts the rest of us are trying to talk over him, yelling at him to mute his damn mic. And thats my friend, ill just mute a stranger. And it seems most people with mics are just eating chips, breathing hard, own a kinect for BG noise etc. Not to talk in game about the game

Sidenote to the Halo lore and Kinect. Does the Master Chief seem like Kinect players to everyone else in the games Universe? I mean when he speaks normally people can hear him, so when he directs something to cortana do they also hear her or is she just inside his head. Often when by sleeping grunts she’d talk loudly so I’d assume unless she directly wants people to hear her for the most part Chief is just pulling a Deadpool speaking to the voice in his head.

> 2535409103705542;2:
> lol Why I mute people
> 1. Babies crying
> 2. Breathers
> 3. Chips eater
> 4. angry grandma
> 5. Whiny 11 year calling other players -Yoink!-
> 6. all of the above.
> 7. annoying girlfriends that and other people that won’t stop talking
> 8. Phone ringing in the background
> 9. Kinect users
> 10. All of the above.
> 11. people blasting music because they think it makes them better. I can’t shoot with my hips moving on my chair and foot tapping to the beat.
> 12. Complainers and yellers. My right ear is probably death right now.
> 13. People answering their phone, don’t even bother to mute their mic, and we have to listen to their conversation about what party they are going to or where they are going on vacation.
> 14. Weird people making weird noises and voices. Gets annoying. Unless you do an australian accent, and talk about the life of Captain Haestro.

This, and people who have their TV volume set so high that you hear an echo. “Initating war- Initiating warzone simulation. -simulation. Hold bases- hold bases, take down bosses, -bosses-, and eliminate -nate- enemy spartans -artons- to earn points -earn points.”

Sorry OP, but there are days when I would rather kick it with some Alice in Chains during a match than a team of tryhards :slight_smile:

> 2535430931286924;1:
> It’s a shame more people don’t use mic’s, it’s a team game and it’s far easier to play as a play if you know what everyone is doing.
> Those of us with mic’s may swear and talk crap at times but if more people where using them then it’s likely people will talk when needed.
>
> If you don’t have a mic please don’t be to quick to mute everyone else, I swear a a lot but I do call out how many enemy are camped at a base or where the flag carriers going and even if I’m after a gunner or driver ?
>
> An example. We where 950 to 930 but they had 2 bases, I have a Wraith and had one of their base covered I was killing everything in the base but couldn’t leave the Wraith, I was pleading for just one player to grab the base. They took the lead 984 to 985 yet no one was coming and by the time someone had it was too late. Had one person had listened we would have won.
> So please don’t mute … buy a mic instead !?

You assume too much, I hardly mute anyone. Its far more entertaining hearing someone rage or cry than winning the game I’ve played over a thousand times.

I might not talk much but I do listen to everyone else and follow along. I just am super quiet and shy. But if people are trash talking, or blasting stupid rap music or having conversations with other people.

idk why games don’t have a “chattiness” preference in their filter. The talkative players are matched with other talkers and the silent killers get a silent room.
I agree with him tho, if you want to win, if you want to make friends to really enjoy Halo, you’ll need to get yourself a fancy turtle beach headset. Expensive? Yes! Worth it? Yes!

i never mute unless they just dont respond when they clearly have a mic. not going to actually communicate then im not gonna put up with you playing “mom’s spaghetti”

I used to use my mic. But being from the UK and being paired with Americans seemed to hit me with all the -Yoink!- coming out with nonsensical stereotypes. So I gave up. I chill in party chat now.

I have never heard any chat outside of my fireteam, how do you toggle that on?

Well then, I don’t talk on my mic. Because I can only listen…I’m mute!

I don’t mute people if they’re communicating with the team. But most people don’t seem to do that. When their mic is on it is usually a bunch of garbage chatter or people being jerks