Don't make Infinite Pay to Win, Please!!

I know this topic has been brought up in various ways, but I wanted to emphasize it again. I’m also mostly addressing WZ.

In Halo 5, Warzone and Warzone assault games are very much dictated by REQ pulling. MOST players I know earn reqs through playing and collecting req points. As we all know, the REQ packs have a drop algorithm that hasn’t been revealed, even though it is apparently “balanced” (i.e., a Legendary card has the same chance of dropping as another).

I won’t get into how the REQ drop rate isn’t even (I cracked the algorithm via the java code), but whiplashes are less common than sword banshees, despite the card rarity. Whiplashes are also big game changers, along with Ultra Banshees and Phaeton Helios. These reqs are also among the least common to drop. As an example, today I sold most of my reqs and bought 30 Gold packs with points. I got 10 Sword Banshees and 3 Whiplashes (10 Rare to 3 Uncommon???), and 0 Phaetons.

Net Result: If players continually have to pull these sweaty reqs to win, they will run out. Then the kids who have access to their mommy’s credit card will buy packs and out-req those who don’t buy them with money.

I know there are a lot of other factors to winning, but with two evenly skilled teams matching over and over, eventually the one with superior reqs will win. My thought was keep the REQ system, but PLEASE DON’T LET REQS BE PURCHASABLE WITH MONEY. Then everyone will have to play the game, earn reqs, and make wise decisions with REQ cards, and not be able to spawn 5 Banshee Ultras in one game.

Please show us you care 343 (unlike EA), don’t cater to the 1% who are willing to spend money and lose the 99% who are the true fans.

Its all about money. Nothing more.

> 2535473219036906;2:
> Its all about money. Nothing more.

Yes that is how companies work. Kinda hard to create passion projects when you are homeless.

Anyway, the REQ system can use some improvement but pay2win it ain’t. If drop rates were equal you would have everyone and their mom pulling out a Pheaton Helios once they hit REQ level 8. And those sweaty tryhard kids that pay for the packs and accumulate a small fleets worth of the thing? Can still be taken down by one guy with a plasma pistol (whose droprates a fairy decent). Pay2Win would be buying a pack with a Pheaton Helios with regenerating overshields, autolock weapons (all of em, locking to everything in a ten mile radius), and decreased shift cooldowns.

“Fix what is slightly broken, but don’t throw it out” is my motto here. But yeah erring on the side of caution is good. We want things to move in the right direction, but I think 343 have this. It’s not like they slept over Battlefront 2’s launch or anything.

> 2533274870884222;3:
> > 2535473219036906;2:
> > Its all about money. Nothing more.
>
> Yes that is how companies work. Kinda hard to create passion projects when you are homeless.
>
> Anyway, the REQ system can use some improvement but pay2win it ain’t. If drop rates were equal you would have everyone and their mom pulling out a Pheaton Helios once they hit REQ level 8. And those sweaty tryhard kids that pay for the packs and accumulate a small fleets worth of the thing? Can still be taken down by one guy with a plasma pistol (whose droprates a fairy decent). Pay2Win would be buying a pack with a Pheaton Helios with regenerating overshields, autolock weapons (all of em, locking to everything in a ten mile radius), and decreased shift cooldowns.
>
> “Fix what is slightly broken, but don’t throw it out” is my motto here. But yeah erring on the side of caution is good. We want things to move in the right direction, but I think 343 have this. It’s not like they slept over Battlefront 2’s launch or anything.

There are no such things a good loot boxes, or “fixable” loot boxes for that matter. Any time a person can buy an advantage even ever so slight to me is unacceptable. I play halo because of what halo was. And if it will continue down the road that halo 5 was traveling I will simply not purchase or play the game. Its that simple. If u want “acceptable” pay to win loot boxes you can have them. Ill support other franchises who do not prey on thier community in this fashion.

> 2535473219036906;4:
> > 2533274870884222;3:
> > > 2535473219036906;2:
> > > Its all about money. Nothing more.
> >
> > Yes that is how companies work. Kinda hard to create passion projects when you are homeless.
> >
> > Anyway, the REQ system can use some improvement but pay2win it ain’t. If drop rates were equal you would have everyone and their mom pulling out a Pheaton Helios once they hit REQ level 8. And those sweaty tryhard kids that pay for the packs and accumulate a small fleets worth of the thing? Can still be taken down by one guy with a plasma pistol (whose droprates a fairy decent). Pay2Win would be buying a pack with a Pheaton Helios with regenerating overshields, autolock weapons (all of em, locking to everything in a ten mile radius), and decreased shift cooldowns.
> >
> > “Fix what is slightly broken, but don’t throw it out” is my motto here. But yeah erring on the side of caution is good. We want things to move in the right direction, but I think 343 have this. It’s not like they slept over Battlefront 2’s launch or anything.
>
> There are no such things a good loot boxes, or “fixable” loot boxes for that matter. Any time a person can buy an advantage even ever so slight to me is unacceptable. I play halo because of what halo was. And if it will continue down the road that halo 5 was traveling I will simply not purchase or play the game. Its that simple. If u want “acceptable” pay to win loot boxes you can have them. Ill support other franchises who do not prey on thier community in this fashion.

The most broadstrokers approach to fixing the REQ system would be to make it cosmetics only, but I’d consider that overkill. I’ve never played a Warzone match where I felt like I was getting stomped because the other team was bringing out the fancypants tanks and banshees (in comparison to our teams regular stuff), but hey I kinda see where you are coming from. But you have to realise that, if you want Halo (or any game) to have post-launch support, lootboxes are here to stay unless people decide they want to see map packs make a comeback. I’d personally much rather have lootboxes over wondering if enough people have bought the map pack I just got or if I threw money at a black hole of empty map pack playlists.

They confirmed their won’t be “Any” kind of lootboxes in Halo Infinite.
Here’s the link to confirm it

Link

In this article it states as part of the new legal guidelines for “loot boxes”, that the percentage of drops has to be public knowledge.

It also states that the State of Washington (Where 343i and it’s parent company MicroSoft are located) are pressing these guidelines as well. Based on “loot boxes” as being considered a form of gambling, which is highly regulated.