Don't let the MCC die

Now, I know that the title is wrong to some of you. To some of you, the MCC is already dead, but some people are still playing it. To me a game is dead when people forgets about it complete and so far, people still remember the MCC, for better or worse.

The problem is that no one recognize how great the MCC really is. For example, no one ever give it credits for the amount content or quality of the content. (I do recognize the ability to access to said content is terrible) It is criminal how no one praise the campaign. Sure some said that it was good, but that was it. No it is not good, it is freaking awesome. The MCC is the definition of a remake done correctly. I mean you look at other remasters, SR4, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Deadpool, and others and see how much content they lack in comparison to the MCC. The MCC have 4 campaigns(two of which are remasters) and all of the MP maps(some of which are remastered as well). They even push the expectations further by letting you see both the original and new engine at the same time. The MCC is the only game where two graphic engine actually runs at the same time for campaign, that is crazy! You even gets all of the said content for only 60 freakin dollars at launch. I mean look at the new cod and the hoops you have to jump through to get a remaster game that you want.

To this day, if you can play it, the MCC MP is still the best MP in this console generation. Again, they even gives you all of the original maps and remasters map(thats over 100 maps). Look at cod and there 10 maps.

Now I do know that a lot of people think the MCC is just cash scam when it clearly isn’t. You can see the love in the creative achievements, you can see the love in all of the hard work in the sound, you can see it in the overhaul cut scene, you can see it in the easter eggs. This game actually might have more easter eggs than a marvel movie.

However, you can’t discuss the MCC without its horrendous launch. While I may praise the campaign content, I do remember hitting my xbox over and over for not letting me play the campaign with my sister on midnight launch. I do remember not being able to play what many are calling the best MP experience on consoles. But then, I remember laughing and screaming because of the pure joy of crazy things I was able to do in the MP when it work after 4 months. What the MCC took away from me, it gives back to me (in about 4 months).

The problem with halo “fans” is that most of them gave up on the MCC after the first month. They look that the terrible MP and they just left. What kept me around those 4 months was the coop campaign(when it finally work after 2 weeks after launch for me). It is this kind of neglect for the campaign that cause Titainfall to ship without a campaign and yet people complain about it not having content they don’t care bout, but I digress. I mean look at BF4, when the game was fixed, people unanimously agree that its the best BF4. I know that it took MCC much, much longer to get itself together, for some it just didn’t.

I know that everything I said only applies to some people. Only to some, the game was fix and only some gave up on it. But the with the approach of H3 anniversary, a lot of people are saying that the MP maps of H3 shouldn’t be in MCC, but H5. But that’s giving up of the MCC. Some may say that its way too late, it have been over a year since the disaster of the MCC. When I look upon it though, I don’t think people should ever give up on it, no matter how long it stay broken. That collection contains decades of great experiences and I think that’s worth waiting for. Also, H3 definitely deserve more than just extra maps. Why would a game that most call the best halo game, to be the only one without a remaster campaign for its 10th anniversary? If 343 add h3 remaster to the MCC, it’ll force them to improve on it. But if only h3 maps are added to H5, the justice to one of the greatest halo games wouldn’t be done. H3 deserves better than that, MCC deserves better than that, you deserves better than that.

It will never die (to me). I play it offline constantly.

> 2533274852660538;2:
> It will never die (to me). I play it offline constantly.

Me too:)

I came into the MCC very late, I’ve only had the game for about two months. I feel sorry for the people that experienced a rough launch and still continue to have trouble to this day. I play it every day and rarely have any problems. This game to me is not only the reason I bought an Xbox One, but probably the most fun I’ve had with video games since the days of LAN parties with the original Halo 2. I really hope this game has a long lifespan, reminds of the good times I had with friends and still do.

I still have problems when trying to find any game except in team slayer. For some reason team slayer works fine every time.

It is really fun now that it work, at least for me anyway

Players Found… Restarting Search… Players Found… Restarting Search… Players Found… Restarting Search… Players Found… Restarting Search… Players Found… Restarting Search… Players Found… Restarting Search…

Over and over…

> 2533274829309952;7:
> Players Found… Restarting Search… Players Found… Restarting Search… Players Found… Restarting Search… Players Found… Restarting Search… Players Found… Restarting Search… Players Found… Restarting Search…
>
> Over and over…

That sum up my first few months of MP

The issue is that the individual games are sorely underrepresented in this collection. BTB for me is nothing but H2C and H3. H2A never appears in the voting and HCE never gets voted.

> You can see the love in the creative achievements, you can see the love in all of the hard work in the sound, you can see it in the overhaul cut scene, you can see it in the easter eggs.

The content was never in question. Everybody loves the content. It’s the package that content came in, or more specifically the glue that was meant to hold it all together. The game didn’t hold together. The cross game playlists, the broken emblems, the full suit armour/lack of meaningful unlock system. It completely lacks proxy chat, or a clan system. Two things that were a deep part of Halo 2 when it was launched. It uses the Halo 2 Vista version of the game, and unpatched versions of the others. It lacks a lot of playlists Halo 2 and 3 had. The party system (the very core system as far as I’m concerned, being someone who plays Halo in a group) was extremely broken at launch and even today still can have issues.

The people who made the content (Bungie, Certain Affinity, Sabre, Blur) they put a lot of time and effort in to the content they created, but the people who put all that content together and were meant to design a working and very enjoyable package for that content to sit in. They didn’t.

> I mean look at BF4, when the game was fixed

Yeah, I think the thing about BF4 was that it was a brand new game. It was easier to ditch MCC because for some they had Halo 5 coming out and for others they had already settled for these experiences being dead, so when it was broken and it didn’t work, the community just weren’t surprised. It was just another blow to the classic community and the norm. For the casual community, they saw old graphics and a mash up of 5 different graphical and gameplay styles and there was no consistency.

BF4, new maps, new graphics, just new feel. and was meant to be the Battlefield game. Not some stepping stone to the already announced, already taken more seriously, next BF game. Which was always the downfall of MCC. When it didn’t work, cutting and running (for the players and for 343i) was just the expected response. Both the community and 343i had no interest in trying to make the game work because they were already putting all their hopes for Halo on to Halo 5.

343i made a perfect storm of failure for MCC. That’s not something the community just shakes off.

its hard to keep playing when a year and a half after release they still have major bugs in the game, and they have stopped caring about fixing it since the release of halo 5

Well I just want h3A in Mcc so they’re force to look at the mess and fix it

I just got back into it and, well, I forgot how much I love this compared with halo 5 (I’m actually good at it for starters ^^) I wish this game co existed with Halo 5 and not replaced by Halo 5. It’s in a working state and is like how you said, a remake done right. I will love this franchise until the end

Even though it’s still a broken mess I still play the heck out of it when I can. Once I finish my finals I’ll play a lot more.

> 2533274857853209;12:
> I just got back into it and, well, I forgot how much I love this compared with halo 5 (I’m actually good at it for starters ^^) I wish this game co existed with Halo 5 and not replaced by Halo 5. It’s in a working state and is like how you said, a remake done right. I will love this franchise until the end

If it work, mcc and h5 probably would have been able to co exist. The mcc would have been a palace where people that doesn’t like changes like sprint can play and h5 could have been a place for newer halo experiences. It’s such shame because a full game dedicated to classic halo is so much better than a mere playlist

> 2535406078078116;10:
> its hard to keep playing when a year and a half after release they still have major bugs in the game, and they have stopped caring about fixing it since the release of halo 5

It’s becoming real hard for me to come back to this game as well. Not just the bugs, but the cross game BTB playlist. Come home after a long day’s work in the mood to play sum classic BTB … out of 4 games Halo 4 wins the vote 3 times!

I never used to dashboard or quit games but I did twice to avoid playing those games, just tired of it. Guess customs is the only way to play CE in this damn game.

I want to start playing it more and telling other people it works(mostly).Seriously tell your halo friends that.It annoys me that you have people who rant about how much of a hardcore halo fan they’re and you ask them if they play mcc and they say"no the game’s broken"then you say"343 fixed it mostly".They say"I didn’t know that".So you’re telling me a game you claim to be one of the most hardcore fans of,you neglected to even check if it was fixed?

> 2535449545792902;16:
> I want to start playing it more and telling other people it works(mostly).Seriously tell your halo friends that.It annoys me that you have people who rant about how much of a hardcore halo fan they’re and you ask them if they play mcc and they say"no the game’s broken"then you say"343 fixed it mostly".They say"I didn’t know that".So you’re telling me a game you claim to be one of the most hardcore fans of,you neglected to even check if it was fixed?

It’s playable but it still has a ton of bugs and glitches in it. Another problem a lot of people have is cross game playlists. Whoever the genius at 343 that thought cross game was brilliant… I’ll just stop right there.

I easily find games in slayer, swat, team snipers, infection, BTB, and every other playlist i feel like playing besides Free for all. thats the only playlist i have severe issues with finding games. MCC is not dead man. It is actually doing fine.

> 2533274856725580;18:
> I easily find games in slayer, swat, team snipers, infection, BTB, and every other playlist i feel like playing besides Free for all. thats the only playlist i have severe issues with finding games. MCC is not dead man. It is actually doing fine.

To some people it is and I don’t want that to be the case. The problem is that people just want to forget it

> 2533274979770884;11:
> Well I just want h3A in Mcc so they’re force to look at the mess and fix it

Oh no please not… wouldnt be good for Halo 3 even though it would fit perfectly into the Colleciton

Released on MCC as DLC
-1. Sales would be really low because of the bad history of MCC -> low population
-2. maybe only ~4-5 Maps because its just a Addon
-3. more bugs to fight against (MCC-Bugs+Halo3-Bugs)
+4. low price
-5. less support for a Addon than for a real game

Released as a full Game
+1. Sales would be really high!
+2. Maybe +10 Maps because its a full game
+3. “only” bugs of Halo 3 to fight with
+4 More support
-5 normal price for a full game