Don't know which armor to choose!

I’ve always been wearing ODST armor, as every piece in it’s armor set appealed to me. Just beautiful. How I choose what armor I’m going to wear is actually picturing myself in the armor. I ask myself “If I was a Spartan, would I wear that?”

Now in Halo 4, I’m kind of bummed that there is no ODST armor. I wore Recruit PRME but I just don’t like how so many people wear it. Sure everybody had ODST armor unlocked in their Halo games, but not everybody started off with it and so there were less wearers of ODST.

In Halo 4, all of the armor looks kind of weird. A lot of them look cool in a way, but it doesn’t look like something a supersoldier UNSC Spartan would wear. The armor looks like they offer less protection, or were ripped off from some other franchise. The armor reminds me of Bionicle, Dead Space, Power Rangers, Star Wars, Metroid, Ridley Scott movie armor all smushed together. Some of the armor also has no visor, and I don’t understand how Spartans are supposed to be able to see with helmets such as Venator and Wetwork.

Choosing armor is very important for me, as I like to pretend that I’m actually my Spartan. It helps me feel more immerged in the game and universe. I must ask how do you guys choose your armor and how often do you change it?

P.S.
-What colours are used for the bluish-purple and yellow colour scheme on the Venator armor as seen in many pictures and Halo 4 concept art?

-I wish that there was an actual “Silver” colour. Like the silver suit from Iron Man.

Scout’s pretty legit.

IMO, the nearest to the classic Halo 3/Reach ODST look is ‘Air Assault’ - curious coincidence, since Reach’s Air Assault helmet strongly resembled the Halo 2 version of the ODST helmet.

It’s one of the few that has that classic ‘UNSC BDU’ style to it - as opposed to some of the more outlandish new additions to the Halo 4 armoury (FOTUS, anyone?).

As for me, I’ve tried to use as close to the original Mark V suit from the first game as I can (as I’ve done so in every Halo game excluding ODST, since everyone’s an ODST in that game, obviously). Unfortunately, there’s no Mark V helmet/armour in Halo 4, but thankfully the Mark VI suit looks great, and is a close enough substitute. For me, it just doens’t feel like I’m a ‘Spartan’ without a proper suit of Mjolnir on!

[EDIT] Found a good pic of the Air Assault helmet - from the side, it really does look like the ODST helmet, right down to the visor shape, the ‘ear’ sections and the little protrustion on the ‘chin’ area.

(ODST helmet orthos, for comparison)

Hope that helps!

Scout looks beautiful, but it doesn’t fit what I’m looking for unfortunately :frowning:

> IMO, the nearest to the classic Halo 3/Reach ODST look is ‘Air Assault’ - curious coincidence, since Reach’s Air Assault helmet strongly resembled the Halo 2 version of the ODST helmet.
>
> It’s one of the few that has that classic ‘UNSC BDU’ style to it - as opposed to some of the more outlandish new additions to the Halo 4 armoury (FOTUS, anyone?).
>
>
>
> As for me, I’ve tried to use as close to the original Mark V suit from the first game as I can (as I’ve done so in every Halo game excluding ODST, since everyone’s an ODST in that game, obviously). Unfortunately, there’s no Mark V helmet/armour in Halo 4, but thankfully the Mark VI suit looks great, and is a close enough substitute. For me, it just doens’t feel like I’m a ‘Spartan’ without a proper suit of Mjolnir on!
>
>
>
> [EDIT] Found a good pic of the Air Assault helmet - from the side, it really does look like the ODST helmet, right down to the visor shape, the ‘ear’ sections and the little protrustion on the ‘chin’ area.
>
> http://i.imgur.com/eQx7C.jpg
>
>
> (ODST helmet orthos, for comparison)
>
> http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110403204332/halo/de/images/f/ff/Odst_bdu_helmet.png
>
>
>
> Hope that helps!

Thanks, Richard!

It does look quite a lot like the ODST helmet. But so does the Recruit. I guess if Recruit and Air Assault was put together you’d have ODST.

I don’t feel like wearing Air Assault though :frowning:
The reason is that although it looks a lot like ODST, something . . . is missing about it. Air Assault looks a little bit too dull for my taste but I guess I’ll give it a try :slight_smile:
The only other reason I wouldn’t wear Air Assault is that although I’m a good pilot, I’m not much of a jet pack guy and I’m pretty sure most Air Assault Spartans are heavy jet packers :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t really wear Mark V or Mark VI as I don’t “feel” like I could ever be a Spartan unless a Spartan IV. When I wear Mark V or Mark VI, I just feel like I don’t belong in that set of armor.

Join the Scout master race.

Working on getting that APEX helmet.

Ive taken a liking to Recon, used to hate it before, but now one of my favs

> IMO, the nearest to the classic Halo 3/Reach ODST look is ‘Air Assault’ - curious coincidence, since Reach’s Air Assault helmet strongly resembled the Halo 2 version of the ODST helmet.
>
> It’s one of the few that has that classic ‘UNSC BDU’ style to it - as opposed to some of the more outlandish new additions to the Halo 4 armoury (<mark>FOTUS, anyone</mark>?).
>
>
>
> As for me, I’ve tried to use as close to the original Mark V suit from the first game as I can (as I’ve done so in every Halo game excluding ODST, since everyone’s an ODST in that game, obviously). Unfortunately, there’s no Mark V helmet/armour in Halo 4, but thankfully the Mark VI suit looks great, and is a close enough substitute. For me, it just doens’t feel like I’m a ‘Spartan’ without a proper suit of Mjolnir on!
>
>
>
> [EDIT] Found a good pic of the Air Assault helmet - from the side, it really does look like the ODST helmet, right down to the visor shape, the ‘ear’ sections and the little protrustion on the ‘chin’ area.
>
> http://i.imgur.com/eQx7C.jpg
>
>
> (ODST helmet orthos, for comparison)
>
> http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110403204332/halo/de/images/f/ff/Odst_bdu_helmet.png
>
>
>
> Hope that helps!

Yeah… Fotus kinda looks like you got a sword stuck in your head.

Seems like you have a problem since most of the armor looks weird, expect for most of the armor from past Halo games look normal. For me I choose War Master as I am a RUL fan. If you want the perfect spartan armor why not try to go for the one that looks normal and fits with your favorite loadout. Are you a sniper? Scout? Medic? Try a few variants and see what suits you.

Air assault, black visor.

Logic:
ODST armour probably gets replaced by air assault.

Get the -Yoink!- fotus armor.

They all look the same in-game… don’t worry about it too much.

wear recruit with a black visor if you wanna look like an ODST, Air Assault is a decent second choice.