don't hate on reach without facts...

People are saying that Reach is the worst halo and that all features shouldn’t be included in halo 4. Let’s just say one fact here… Halo Reach is the most played Halo game of ALL TIME. More people played Reach in the first month than the lifetime of halo 2, and in the first 6 months more than all of halo 3. If you’ve played reach recently you might notice that there are options for no bloom. In the MLG playlist there is NO bloom in any gametype and half of them don’t have sprint, it takes more skill then Halo 3 this way, closing up to halo 2. And it’s SO much fun. Just so you know, if the amount of people that were playing halo 3 at its finest were playing reach right now, there would be less the 1/4 of the amount on… Buying armor is not like CoD at all… You have never been able to buy armor in at and halo has had customizing that since before CoD even had custom classes. Most of you people need to smarten up and look at the facts. Reach is a great game and has been one of the most loved of any, these forums are the place where people complain, you are about 1% of the people who play reach, the main people who complain, nobody else does.

well 1 year after halo 3 came out every one loved it and it had a higher population then reach does after 1 year the thing is that a few months after release every game ever created will have a higher population then it’s previous game but eventually people will make up there mind, and most people left halo because of reach after a year

There are still around at least 75 000 people on Reach at all times, a year after Halo 3 there was around 40 000. People just don’t realize this.

I honestly think that the main reason so many people hate on Halo Reach is because it had a steeper learning curve than any other Halo, with the AA’s, bloom, etc. People were already so used to the Halo formula, that when it changed a bit they freaked and decided to blame the game, and not themselves. I’m not gonna lie, I kinda felt this way at first too. I would get really upset when someone would armor lock right as I threw a sticky at them, or shot a rocket at them. But after about a month or two of playing at least a few days a week, it started to feel more like Halo.

Now, Halo Reach did go through some major changes, but I for one think that Reach is a pretty good game in general. I’m not gonna say it’s the best Halo game, but I definitely don’t think it’s the worst (which is what about 99% of everyone else thinks). However, this is just my opinion; feel free to disagree, cause I already know tons of you will.

> There are still around at least 75 000 people on Reach at all times, a year after Halo 3 there was around 40 000. People just don’t realize this.

Making up numbers are we?

Best I’ve ever seen on Reach was 300 000, that was the day after the release. Now it’s 45-50000 online after one year, whereas H3 had 750000 online after three years. Halo 3 didn’t have 40000 OL after a year, don’t know where you get this from.

Those that don’t complain are those that either don’t care to do so, have quit the game entirely, now that’s a lot of people, or of course those that enjoy it.

^^ This guy is right, Reach is actually a bit harder (I went back to try Halo 3 and absolutely wrecked). But if you hate reach just keep it to yourself. If you want to improve halo 4 say what is good you want to add, not what you hate and repeat yourself ten times.

@feelthesun I’ll get back to you when I find those FACTS, they were on a bungie weekly update. And last night Reach had over 100 000 people online… Halo 3 has less than 20 000… Going from 750 000 to 20 000 in one year sound likely eh?

So you didn’t play H3 I take it?

So finally Reach is getting some numbers, thanks to the TU.

H3 is 4 years old, and has been unfortunately replaced by Reach. I don’t care if it sounds likely or not, that is still the way it was. I remember at one point there were 100 000 in social slayer alone.

http://metahalo.com/population/ There we go. Halo Reach having an average over 4 times of that of halo 3. This is the FACTS. This is for the first year, I’m sorry man, I win.

I love this thread.
Every Anti Reach thread I’ve seen, they’ve been asking for a Halo game that is basically Halo 1 or Halo 2, why, because people don’t want to learn new tricks, people are use to the old Halo 1 and Halo 2 games. I hate it when these people who hate reach get on their high horse, bashing reach, and saying most of the community hates Halo Reach, which isn’t true, because even if you put both the Halo community here and Bungie.net, you still wont have even half the Halo community. Only like 70% of the Halo community is on the internet going to forums, and Face book, there are people in the Halo community who don’t go to forums, who are very quite, who love Halo Reach. Yes the Halo reach story line was screwy, and didn’t tie in with the Novel, but the game play isn’t half bad.

> People are saying that Reach is the worst halo and that all features shouldn’t be included in halo 4. Let’s just say one fact here… Halo Reach is the most played Halo game of ALL TIME.

This is true. but you forgot that Reach now is the least played halo game, OF ALL TIME.
Reach also lost most of it’s population out of all halo games OF ALL TIME.

> So you didn’t play H3 I take it?
>
> So finally Reach is getting some numbers, thanks to the TU.
>
> H3 is 4 years old, and has been unfortunately replaced by Reach. I don’t care if it sounds likely or not, that is still the way it was. I remember at one point there were 100 000 in social slayer alone.

^This. Halo 3, in it’s time, was 10x the game and community Reach ever was, is, or will be.

Anyways, I can hate Reach without facts. That’s like you saying, ‘don’t hate me because I’m a member of the Reach Protection Army’. Do I know you’re a Reach fanboy? No. But you really sound like it in my opinion, and I could hate your attitude just for that reason, my opinion. This goes for the same reason I hate Reach. It has nothing to do with fact, it’s a majority opinion that Reach sucks.

Making a new thread so more people like that guy who was saying how much more halo 3 was played know they’re wrong.

> I honestly think that the main reason so many people hate on Halo Reach is because it had a steeper learning curve than any other Halo, with the AA’s, bloom, etc. People were already so used to the Halo formula, that when it changed a bit they freaked and decided to blame the game, and not themselves.

I would have to agree on this one because I wasn’t very good at halo 3. But after I got in to Reach and started to be a better gamer in general I would revisit halo 3 and just dominate. There is a lot more to Reach gameplay that you need to get used to than there is in halo 3. I think that if people would give Reach a chance and get better they would enjoy it. I’ve read forums where people say that after 3 games of Reach they would just sell their game because its “not halo”. Honestly people, play the game a bit more and don’t just hate it because its not like halo 3. However, Reach is not perfect and a lot of things about previous halos were better. Like bleedthrough melee, which I’m glad they brought back, and duel wielding.

> ^^ This guy is right, Reach is actually a bit harder (I went back to try Halo 3 and absolutely wrecked). But if you hate reach just keep it to yourself. If you want to improve halo 4 say what is good you want to add, not what you hate and repeat yourself ten times.

Are you serious? Do you think reach is harder than halo 3? Or by all means, Halo 2 and Halo 1? You are thoroughly mistaking. Halo reach has so little skill gap that it feels more difficult, but in reality halo 3 is a lot more harder. Halo:Reach is a pick up and play game, where beginners and pros is almost equal in skill level. In halo 3, you have all kinds of skill levels. Beginners, Level 20, Level 40, Level 50, MLG 50, Semi-pros and Pros. The difference between a lvl 50 and a level 40 is so big he can 15-0 in a 1v1, and the difference between a 50 and a 50 MLG is so big that a 50 MLG could win 15-0 in a 1v1. And a pro could win a MLG 50 15-5 in 1v1. You have no idea what you are talking about. You probably played against level 10 people.

ok… because a number rank makes a game take more skill :stuck_out_tongue:

> There are still around at least 75 000 people on Reach at all times, a year after Halo 3 there was around 40 000. People just don’t realize this.

That is totally false…

> People are saying that Reach is the worst halo and that all features shouldn’t be included in halo 4. Let’s just say one fact here… Halo Reach is the most played Halo game of ALL TIME. More people played Reach in the first month than the lifetime of halo 2, and in the first 6 months more than all of halo 3. If you’ve played reach recently you might notice that there are options for no bloom. In the MLG playlist there is NO bloom in any gametype and half of them don’t have sprint, it takes more skill then Halo 3 this way, closing up to halo 2. And it’s SO much fun. Just so you know, if the amount of people that were playing halo 3 at its finest were playing reach right now, there would be less the 1/4 of the amount on… Buying armor is not like CoD at all… You have never been able to buy armor in at and halo has had customizing that since before CoD even had custom classes. Most of you people need to smarten up and look at the facts. Reach is a great game and has been one of the most loved of any, these forums are the place where people complain, you are about 1% of the people who play reach, the main people who complain, nobody else does.

Halo 2 is the best selling/most played halo game on xbox.
Halo 3 is the best selling game on xbox 360 period (cod is if u count ps3 and PC also)
Halo reach has sold a little more than half a year after than halo 3 did a year after.
Reach is NOT the most played halo game. If it is show me the link.

> ok… because a number rank makes a game take more skill :stuck_out_tongue:

This is such an ignorant post…

i’m such an ignorant person. http://metahalo.com/population/
LINK DONE