Don't give BR starts

The BR has long invalidated over half the sandbox since its inception…the weapon is too good at all ranges and needs to be nerfed or made something to be fought after. AR starts are better. The reason people want BR starts is that they intend to basically just use the BR for everything and continue to invalidate the rest of the sandbox weapons.

Enough… the Mary Sue weapon needs to take a back seat or be something earned, not given out like candy.

Right now the AR seems like the primary weapon in the current flight. I can’t kill anything with the sidekick unless it’s to clean up after I splashed the AR all over the place. When I get a BR it feels more like halo to me. With the AR I feel like winning any encounter is a bit random. Maybe I’m just used to H5 magnum being the beast that it is but I prefer a precision weapon as my primary weapon.

The BR has a nearly half second slower time to kill than most weapons, it’s actually only good at it’s intended role for once. BR starts would actually encourage a lot more weapon pickup variety, because it’s LESS effective in many situations than the AR or even the Sidekick. It would be good in more open maps where less close quarters fighting occurs, and that’s about it. The AR destroys the BR at close range.

> 2535426763288543;2:
> Right now the AR seems like the primary weapon in the current flight. I can’t kill anything with the sidekick unless it’s to clean up after I splashed the AR all over the place. When I get a BR it feels more like halo to me. With the AR I feel like winning any encounter is a bit random. Maybe I’m just used to H5 magnum being what it is.

A sidearm being a sidearm…it is not meant to be the primary…it is there to cleanup, hence being a precision weapon with one shot headshots once the shield is stripped.

AR starts are balanced…BR starts invalidate the other weapons and take away from the game.

replace the sidekick with a magnum and i’d agree. having 2 spamcannons feels weird.

Honestly feels nice for once in a halo game where the sidearm feels like a sidearm. I really enjoy being able to run around and make a difference with the AR and then whip out the sidekick to clean up multiple enemy engagements.

BR as is works. Love the OG design and the balance feels like halo.

> 2535458667421433;4:
> > 2535426763288543;2:
> > Right now the AR seems like the primary weapon in the current flight. I can’t kill anything with the sidekick unless it’s to clean up after I splashed the AR all over the place. When I get a BR it feels more like halo to me. With the AR I feel like winning any encounter is a bit random. Maybe I’m just used to H5 magnum being what it is.
>
> A sidearm being a sidearm…it is not meant to be the primary…it is there to cleanup, hence being a precision weapon with one shot headshots once the shield is stripped.
>
> AR starts are balanced…BR starts invalidate the other weapons and take away from the game.

Are you even playing this flight? The BR is only useable at very specific ranges at present, the AR is far more versatile on all three of the arena maps we can currently play. I’ve found some success with the BR on Live Fire but not gotten much use out of it on the other two, it gets shredded by the AR at close range and these maps are extremely close quarters. BR starts would not invalidate other weapons - you’re thinking of Halo 3, not Halo Infinite (as it currently stands at least). I think the AR needs a nerf to be honest, I get that it should out perform the BR at close range, but at present it outperforms it at medium range too.

Why not both? Like in most other games

> 2533274842826729;6:
> Honestly feels nice for once in a halo game where the sidearm feels like a sidearm. I really enjoy being able to run around and make a difference with the AR and then whip out the sidekick to clean up multiple enemy engagements.
>
> BR as is works. Love the OG design and the balance feels like halo.

Agree AR beats BR at close range as it should. The side kick feels like the H4 magnum. the H4 BR was the equivalent of the H5 magnum. I guess my personal preference is a mid range accurate weapon to start so I don’t have to hunt for one on the map

A BR start playlist would properly come when the game launch.

Coming back to this discussion after playing more, I can say that the BR dominates open maps on AR starts, because of the range quality. You CANNOT compete outside of RRR with a BR if all you have is the Sidekick and AR. At best you can put a few inaccurate shots on them at the ideal BR range and set them up for a teammate to rush while you’re either dead or in the red healthwise if you were lucky enough to not die immediately.

So more to the point, any map with an open space where BR’s spawn is a map you should always have BR starts on, imo.