Don't expect classic game types to return

Classic arena-style game types don’t make for good monetization. Halo 5 went all out on its Warzone mode so expect Halo Infinite to do something very similar. Previously, when asked if Halo Infinite will be missing features at launch, Chris Lee dodged the question. Now we can infer why. Halo Infinite could turn out to be a really cool F2P shooter but it won’t be the Halo we know and love anymore.

I don’t know what’s going on with the higher ups at Microsoft or 343 but if this indeed is true and what they have in mind, why would people leave, say fortnite to come to Infinite. What can Infinite offer, that other games can’t? If this is true, you will not only lose the existing fans (both those from the Bungie days and those who recently jumped on board with Halo 4 and 5 as well as the MCC), there is also no reason for new people to check out Halo.

Microtransactions will only be ‘profitable’ if there are people playing your game in the first place. On top of that, the reason why games like fortnite and sport games have such profitable microtransactions is:

• Children/Psychology - I don’t mean to sound condescending but children are naive and the publishers behind those games know that. It is easier to justify several 1.99 purchases as opposed to a lump sum. - Practically zero cost to develop - this is particularly true for sports games which are low effort to develop essentially being the same game year after year (I think it was FIFA 20 on PC that had the same icon as FIFA 19 which screams its basically the same game and essentially an expansion).In addition, with regards to both these games, especially sports games, there are people who buy consoles just to play these games. Therefore, they probably don’t mind paying for microtransactions given its the only game they play.

It’s hilarious, there are people who still encourage and instigate the console wars, like ‘Playstation is better, no Xbox is better’ and then when I see what games they have or play, it’s literally just FIFA or sport games and they haven’t even touched some of the amazing exclusives or other games on offer.

With regards to games like fortnite, it is the same thing for different reasons. However, it may work for games like this but it will not pay off for Infinite. Making the game kid-friendly is not going to bring the kids over from Fortnite or the other major trendy things now and another major reason is that Fortnite is available on every system whereas Infinite is Xbox/PC only.

> 2535470100977661;1:
> Classic arena-style game types don’t make for good monetization. Halo 5 went all out on its Warzone mode so expect Halo Infinite to do something very similar. Previously, when asked if Halo Infinite will be missing features at launch, Chris Lee dodged the question. Now we can infer why. Halo Infinite could turn out to be a really cool F2P shooter but it won’t be the Halo we know and love anymore.

Appreciate you sharing with us Bonnie Ross. Thanks for telling us our opinions as well.

if they lacked basic multiplayer modes, infinite will fail. 343 was almost castrated cause of the lack of modes at launch, I don’t see them doing that again regardless of the pricing model for multiplayer.

As for Chris dodging the question of whether infinite will be missing features, why would he answer it? Its a loaded question. There are tons of aspects of halo, he cannot say yes or no without creating false assumptions. Also, it would confirm the content they have in the game before marketing is ready. I think your reading too much into a question that is designed to fulfill the question askers’ agenda of slandering them in one way or another.

Sounds like you want them to fail. Ever heard of CSGO skins?

> 2535470100977661;1:
> Classic arena-style game types don’t make for good monetization. Halo 5 went all out on its Warzone mode so expect Halo Infinite to do something very similar. Previously, when asked if Halo Infinite will be missing features at launch, Chris Lee dodged the question. Now we can infer why. Halo Infinite could turn out to be a really cool F2P shooter but it won’t be the Halo we know and love anymore.

They scrapped the classic shotty and magnum, its no surprise they won’t bring back other classics

They stated several times now that they’re returning to the classic arena style gameplay with on map pickups and weapons. I don’t know where you’re getting this idea from.