Don't even play Halo 4 by yourself

Of all my Xbox live matchmaking experience with Halo, this latest game has to be the very worst. I am consistently placed onto teams which are greatly out-classed by the other in terms of skill. What I am witnessing is getting Joined in Progress into games where the enemy has full map control. It’s pretty much absurd. This mostly happens when I play solo. How can this be fun for anyone? It’s obvious the other team is just statting as well in the JiP games.

I haven’t been this dissatisfied with a Halo game before this one. Sure Join in Progress is good in theory, but what about when you join a garbage team against an established one and have your teammates betray you constantly, even while you are down a couple teammates when the system doesn’t even find you more throughout the duration of the match?

It’s obvious why the population is declining for Halo 4. It just does not match players correctly. I want to join teams that go for the win, not people who are just trying to satisfy their XP requirements for whatever armor they are looking to attain.

Without a good matchmaking system, this game will be stuck in a rut. It’s probably known that the average player plays solo. How can this game be fun for that person?

Halo 2 and 3 had great matchmaking systems. It was fun to play by yourself. Games had more meaning back then and it appeared that there was more communication going on between random players matched together. Beginning with Reach, everything vanished. Halo has become a drag to play by yourself. The fun has been zapped.

Until things get better, I won’t even play without another friend. It simply is not worth it.

I really dont have that many problems and I play mostly by myself.

Dear 343 only i am allowed to excel at this game. i am one of the last people on the planet to realize that playing in a p.u.g. may not be a good idea against a premade team? So why should i be punishrd?! Punish them for having friends to play with instead
!

I only play solo, none of my friends like halo, they all play cod. For the most part I stick with teammates and it works out for the most of the time. I do run into some matches where I just get hammered from every direction though. It’s usually the ones that are JIP, and it’s horrible. I joined one last night on haven where I literally couldn’t spawn without dying right away. It was like that for a whole 2.5 mins. I didn’t even get to shoot.

JIP has helped me in a bunch of situations where teammates quit and they get replaced quick. It’s also royally screwed me by throwing me into a match that the other team is just completely dominating and I can’t do anything about it. It’s usually a problem on smaller maps like haven or abandoned. I don’t mind JIP with BTB as much. At least you have room to move and figure out where fire is coming from.

> Dear 343 only i am allowed to excel at this game. i am one of the last people on the planet to realize that playing in a p.u.g. may not be a good idea against a premade team? So why should i be punishrd?! Punish them for having friends to play with instead
> !

This could be a nice satirical post if only you had mastered 3rd grade English. Better luck next time to you.

They just need to bring back a real ranking system not this progressive crap. Then you will play with people are going for the win because it’s the only way to rank up. XP is fine but they should supplement a competitive ranking system like in Halo 3.

I only play Halo 4 matchmaking when I’ve got a friend with me.

I find that when I attempt to find a game by myself, that my teammates are always consistently worse than those of the opposing team. I’m at the top of my team 90% of the time i decide to find a game solo, and I still lose. It’s gotten to the point that I never enter games by myself, which sucks for me because I like playing the game, and I don’t have that many competent friends to play with. My suggestion is that you try not to play without competent friends along side you.

I play solo quite often, my best advice is just stay on the server, if you back out all the time and look for another btb or slayer match you will keep getting thrown into games like that. Games where people are losing make people cry and they quit which creates a gap that the game needs to fill, as a a solo player you are prolly more likely to get into those games because of drop rate. Understand that your first game in a new server might not go well and its not your fault and you will enjoy playing more. Also I like to get into those games and turn them around, or at least work my way up to the 1, 2, or 3 slot on my team. You can’t win every game so you might as well have fun. When the game ends the teams with rotate a little (if the other team isn’t all grouped) over a couple games just invite players that deserve it to your party so you stay on the same team eventually you may make some friends who play at the same time as you and you will have more people to play with. Personally I like playing alone though, .34% headshot rate with Splatter master and Turret master under my belt. I just play to have fun and sometimes you get your A handed to you.

> They just need to bring back a real ranking system not this progressive crap. Then you will play with people are going for the win because it’s the only way to rank up. XP is fine but they should supplement a competitive ranking system like in Halo 3.

The Truskill system is still there; just hidden; it was the same in Reach; part of the reason why this doesn’t work out is because you can only get so high, or so low.

I don’t have this problem as often as it sounds like you do, but I do understand the frustration of joining a team of randoms vs what is or seems like an enemy team full of friends.

I’ve only used about 16 games worth of double experience (through legitly asking people at my college for their Moutain Dew cap and getting looks like I’m some kind of bum or crack-addict.)

Without double experience, and learning how much better, experience wise, Spartan Ops is compared to multiplayer, I’m level 82 with just over 3 days played.

I’d MUCH rather have a rank system to where if I do bad, my rank is negatively effected, NOT if my TEAM loses.
If my team loses and I went like 12-4, I don’t think I should be docked for not being able to carry my team to victory.

Level progression ends at some point, then you have one less “objective”. With a ranking system, your level is always changing, for better or for worse, it reflects how good (or lucky) you are and thus helps you to be matched with players of YOUR skill level.

I apologize for that wall, I got into a rant.

> I’ve only used about 16 games worth of double experience (through legitly asking people at my college for their Moutain Dew cap and getting looks like I’m some kind of bum or crack-addict.)
>
> Without double experience, and learning how much better, experience wise, Spartan Ops is compared to multiplayer, I’m level 82 with just over 3 days played.
>
> I’d MUCH rather have a rank system to where if I do bad, my rank is negatively effected, NOT if my TEAM loses.
> If my team loses and I went like 12-4, I don’t think I should be docked for not being able to carry my team to victory.
>
> Level progression ends at some point, then you have one less “objective”. With a ranking system, your level is always changing, for better or for worse, it reflects how good (or lucky) you are and thus helps you to be matched with players of YOUR skill level.

They do need someone way to reward players for doing well even if they are on the losing team. I know there were times in H2 and H3 where I would be the MVP of the game and still lose and go down a rank.

As could yours if you would do the same. commas… see, i have a business and man hands, so i type a lot from a phone not made for man fingers. what’s your excuse, mr judgepants hypocrite?

I sold Halo 4 to two of my friends and they love COD, but they were willing to humor me because I think they were generally interested. Oh Spartan Ops is going to be a blast. This one looks incredible. They got a Mech. Yadda yadda.

Two days into it they stopped playing Halo 4 and in the kindest words one told me not to suggest anymore games to buy for her and the other simply plays COD. The one guy who absolutely lived in Forge and was my goto firefight teammate plays more BF3 than Halo 4.

Halo 4 is like a cover band for the Ramones. They know lyrics and the beat, but they just don’t have the same soul or heart.

> Without double experience, and learning how much better, experience wise, Spartan Ops is compared to multiplayer, I’m level 82 with just over 3 days played.

Going to have to call B.S. on that claim.

You’ve been playing since 11/7/2012. All your games are on your service record, you know that right? So why say you’ve only been playing “just over 3 days”?

I play by myself all the time with no problems. Seems like my team always wins. Maybe try getting better at the game?

> > Without double experience, and learning how much better, experience wise, Spartan Ops is compared to multiplayer, I’m level 82 with just over 3 days played.
>
> Going to have to call B.S. on that claim.
>
> You’ve been playing since 11/7/2012. All your games are on your service record, you know that right? So why say you’ve only been playing “just over 3 days”?

All the time he spent playing over the past month = 3 days… God people use your little brain you have!

OP - It’s just bad timing… or bad luck. Playing alone is not bad…

> I really dont have that many problems and I play mostly by myself.

This…^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NOTE: Also make people your preferred players by giving a review so that you have the probability of getting paired with better players.